We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Extraction and a question Options

Ananda7519
#1 Posted : 8/22/2017 8:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started with 100 grams of ACRB and followed Cybs Hybrid Salt Tek. I used a 2 Liter flask which ended up with about 1500ml so the area was way too big to suck up the solvent for the extraction. I ran to the store and bought a 2-quart apple juice bottle and chucked the juice.
I poured the base soup into the apple juice bottle and added a little hot water to bring the level up almost to the top. I did three pulls with 60C heated naphtha into a flask and poured it off into a casserole dish leaving the little bits of base soup I sucked up behind. Covered and put into the freezer did another three pulls into the second dish and into the freezer

Everything seemed to be going swimmingly with the extraction. We will see in the morning what my home chemistry has turned out.

Question.

1. If I need to add water to the base soup to raise it up can I just add distilled water or do I need to basify it first? With the apple juice bottle, I only had to add a little so I didn't worry about it.

PS. I have my dishes in a big front loading freezer and had to go get some frozen food, I can see a field of crystals. Getting excited for blast off tomorrow. I need a bigger torch for my new quartz banger and an infrared thermometer. I have waited 40 years I can wait another day.
The storm can not hurt the sky.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

melotikaci
#2 Posted : 8/23/2017 7:46:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ananda7519 wrote:

1. If I need to add water to the base soup to raise it up can I just add distilled water or do I need to basify it first? With the apple juice bottle, I only had to add a little so I didn't worry about it.

obviously your base soup will drop some ph after adding distilled water. Depends how basic your solution was and how much water you are adding. You should be ok if added only tiny amount of water.

JefFlux
#3 Posted : 8/23/2017 8:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm surprised an everyday juice bottle survived high pH water and solvent...stick to glass or non-HDPE (High-density polyethylene).