We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Review: 'Divine Crossing v3' vaporizer Options

some one
#1 Posted : 7/26/2017 1:57:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
Setting (location): livingroom
time of day: evening
recent drug use: none

PARTICIPANT
history of use: experienced

BIOASSAY
Substance(s): freebase DMT
Dose(s): 30mg
Method of administration: vaporized with the 'Divine Crossing v3'

EFFECTS
Administration time: T=0:00 30mg, T0:45 30mg
Intensity (overall): first: 2 out of 4, second: 3-4 out of 4

Based on OrionFyre positive experience, I decided to buy the Divine Crossing v3 vaporizer. It functions by electrically heating a nickel coil wrapped in a donut shaped ceramic plate, powered by an e-cigarette modbox (not included). For details search youtube.

1) First try:
Inserted 30mg dmt with a small steel dabbing spoon onto the ceramic donut. Most DMT landed on the donut, some fell in the middle hole. Set the mod to TC 200F/33W Ni and carefully pulsed power to melt the dmt onto the donut. Noticed that the DMT which fell in the middle hole didn't melt. Increased power setting to 330F/33W. Pre-flight anxiety: heart beating strong. Started inhaling. Inhaled 10sec (till auto power off), held breath, inhaled 10sec again. Closed eyes. Noticed that the intensity was rather weak. Inhaled a third time. Felt more DMT evaped. Closed eyes. Had visuals, but the experience was non spectacular (no break-thru).

Retrospect:
- I inhaled some DMT powder in my mouth at first (the stuff from the middle). Must keep middle clean and start inhaling slowly.
- My inhalations were a bit too slow, I still had lung capacity after 10sec. Must inhale a bit stronger
- I might not have held my breaths long enough. Must hold breath 10 sec.
- The third inhalation might have been too late. Must optimize for 2 inhalations.
- I Hardly felt any smoke so could use more power for fewer inhalations. Must increase power.
- Almost all DMT evaped, but some oily residue was still left on the donut. Must increase power.

2) Second try:
Inserted 30mg DMT with the dabbing spoon onto the ceramic donut, making sure none fell in the middle hole. Triggered the DMT to melt at 200F. Increased power to 350F/35W. Inhaled stronger than first. Full lung capacity reached too soon, at around 6sec. Smoke a bit hasher than first time where nearly none was felt. But still way below coughing /uncomfortable range. Felt very strong onset during holding breath. Knew from experience that this will be a heavy one. Second inhalation, did not manage to reach the full 10 sec. Closed eyes. A very intense experience. Details are beyond the scope of this review report.

Retrospect:
- Inhaled too fast, didn't reach 10 sec. Must practice to gain full lung capacity at exactly 10sec. Stopwatch?
- Pretty much everything evaped, less oil residue compared to first try. Good result, but should aim for completely dry plate.
- Residue color darker compared to first try. Too much power? Will try 340F/34W next time.
- Why was the second try so much stronger than the first?
-- Pre-flight anxiety adrenaline rush might have suppressed the intensity of the first. Must calm down prior take off.
-- Residue from the first might have added to the effect of the second. If oil remains, smoke off on return for dosage control.

Conclusion:
This is the easiest device I have used so far. Simply inhale twice and boom! No "efficiently using lighters" learning curves, no harsh smoke, no inhaling 4-5 times, no smelly rooms, mouth and devices (as in: zero smell anywhere). With the right power setting and two proper inhalations its impossible to not break-thru on this thing! Maybe optimizing I could even make it in one.

Power settings
340F/34W TC mode for Ni should do the trick. 330F is the lower limit, 350F the upper. The Watts for 340F could be optimized between 30-34W. Note that each mod box type has its own personally when it comes to power setting effect, even though it shouldn't in theory. I use the same one OrionFyre has: Joyetech Evic-vtwo mini. The mini is limited to 75W which is more than sufficient. Afterwards I noticed I forgot to lock my room temp coil resistance. Don't know if this had any effect.

Thanks OrionFyre, you are right, this device is flawless!
Can't wait to fully optimize all lessons learned and try again.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 7/26/2017 6:55:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to hear from your success with it for DMT.

As I already described, although back then only tested for 5-MeO-DMT, I personally didn't like the DT V3 very much.
2 Main points I didn't like:
* That it only heats on the ring (not stuff in the middle or under the ring)
(so there is always a massive temp difference between stuff in contact with the ring and stuff not in contact, which makes temp control quite difficult, either stuff gets burnt too harsh on the ring, or stuff not in contact doesn't get enough heat to evap)
* That the cup has holes (for the leads of the heating element and 2 additional holes, where I have no idea why they are there)

So it's good to hear it works for DMT.

In the meantime I came to the Mr Bald T cup atomizer and IMHO it is a blast in relation to the DT V3. So much better. I vaped now various substances in it (mainly 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, DMT), and it always worked flawlessly.

But also there, there are 3 main points where one could improve it to make an absolute perfect atomizer for these substances:
* Better heat conduction to the cup, so that warm up times would be faster. (metal cups?)
(the warm up time is now just really a bit too long...)
* By also heating the sides (at least the lower 2-3mm)
(otherwise there's always stuff that creeps into the corner and then evaporates much harder there)
* By making the bottom a little bit round, so that melted stuff aggregates in the middle, where there is the most heat and where the substance can have the biggest surface.

Technically that would be then kinda like an electric glass bubble.

It would also be nice to be able to add a small water bubbler on top.

I heard that DT is working on a cup atomizer. Fingers crossed that it will be the real deal, when it gets released. I would certainly buy it.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#3 Posted : 7/27/2017 12:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
As I already described, although back then only tested for 5-MeO-DMT, I personally didn't like the DT V3 very much.

And as both OrionFyre and myself already replied back to you: you can't compare smoking 5meo-dmt to nn-dmt. The GVG does not work well for 5meo, yet it works great for nn-dmt. Glass pipes do not work well for nn-dmt, yet they work great for 5meo-dmt.

Quote:
I can see it definitely working for DMT if you put, like you did, just plenty in it. But as I described, I personally rather would like to have a way, where I exactly know, how much DMT I finally get into my system. Or does DMT evaporate good enough that nothing remains in it?

I don't get why would you need to put "plenty in"? You simply load the desired amount and smoke it up. On return, if you assume some might be left (which there shouldn't) you can smoke it off prior reloading for the next round. Dosing is 100% controlled.

Quote:
2 Main points I didn't like:

Quote:
* That it only heats on the ring (not stuff in the middle or under the ring)
(so there is always a massive temp difference between stuff in contact with the ring and stuff not in contact, which makes temp control quite difficult, either stuff gets burnt too harsh on the ring, or stuff not in contact doesn't get enough heat to evap)

Wow you are not using the device correctly at all. Place the dmt on the ring only. Don't drop any of it outside of the ring or in the mid hole. Use a dab spoon. When all dmt is on the ring, pulse with 200F until the dmt melts. Now all dmt is melted on the ring and on the ring only. This eliminates all your concerns. The hole in the middle is a bit cumbersome when loading because you can't just dump it all in, ok. But it provides perfect airflow. Without the mid hole, air would only flow through the sides leaving the middle part with less air, worsening the heat distribution. In other words, the ring is engineered with a hole on purpose. Yes, it takes some more effort loading, but to me the smoking part is what matters - which is flawless, thanks to the hole.

Quote:
* That the cup has holes (for the leads of the heating element and 2 additional holes, where I have no idea why they are there)

You don't like something because you don't understand the mechanism behind it? M'kay. Two holes pass the wiring to the modbox below. Two other holes provide airflow from the openings at the sides below to the ring above. Notice that the wire inlets on which the ring sits are a bit higher than the air inlets. Again, all geometry and volumes are engineered for optimal airflow.

Quote:
So it's good to hear it works for DMT. In the meantime I came to the Mr Bald T cup atomizer and IMHO it is a blast in relation to the DT V3. So much better. I vaped now various substances in it (mainly 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, DMT), and it always worked flawlessly.

It's also good to hear you have an electronic vaporizer which works flawless for 5meo! However the "so much better" remark can only be objectively validated when using correct techniques and when doing so, will only apply to dmt when you actually try it with dmt. No offense but your negativity against the Divine Crossing is not grounded due to incorrect usage and invalid logic.

This device performs like magic. I tried the full spectrum of smoking DMT devices. For me, this is the easiest and best one yet. My gratitude goes to OrionFyre, my advice to everyone else.

Enjoy!

PS. Aum_Shanti you did make me curious.. Please try the DCv3 with dmt and the correct techniques and let me know how the mr bald t compares. My concern is the lack of TC mode. I love temperature control. My personal quest to find the perfect dmt smoking tool is over, but it's always interesting to know about and share different options.

Cool

Aum_Shanti
#4 Posted : 7/27/2017 8:43:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lol honestly, you seem like you feel personally attacked, just because of my critique points for this atomizer?
That's just my personal opinion.

Calm down, we're just talking about an atomizer here!
I'm not on a personal crusade or something.
So I'm sorry if you felt offended by anything I wrote.

Quote:
you can't compare smoking 5meo-dmt to nn-dmt.

And I didn't! I didn't say anything about it's performance for DMT in this post! That's just your interpretation. On the contrary, I said, that it's good to hear it works for DMT.

Quote:
Wow you are not using the device correctly at all. Place the dmt on the ring only.

This we actually discussed before. This surely can work if you have goo. If you have crystals, then it's IMHO probably quite difficult to get it only on the ring. Also because as soon as it melts, when it gets hot it starts to flow off the ring, from a certain amount on (DMT gets quite liquid when pure and hot). At least it did on mine and that was for smaller amounts of 5-MeO-DMT.
Then IMHO a plate atomizer instead of a ring one would probably be the better idea. There still could be a lot of airflow from around circumference, but loading would be much easier.
The next step further would then be a cup atomizer.

I can imagine it can work, as you describe, but then IMHO you certainly have to be quite exact on preparation. From the trials of other users on reddit, it seems your technique is quite unique, as they just dump enough DMT and just take a vape. Not caring on how much exactly they vape.

Quote:
You don't like something because you don't understand the mechanism behind it? M'kay

Lol sure I can and will still don't like it. Big grin For everything landing in the cup has the potential to leak. At least if you wanna vape stuff needing bigger amounts, like DPT.
Sure good airflow is also important. It's a tradeoff. Depending on substance you can afford having such holes or not. But as seen from other atomizers IMHO these bottom holes are not really needed to still get a good enough airflow. Having more is certainly an advantage, but
at the cost of potential leaking, which gets problematic for certain substances.

Quote:
It's also good to hear you have an electronic vaporizer which works flawless for 5meo! However the "so much better" remark can only be objectively validated when using correct techniques and when doing so, will only apply to dmt when you actually try it with dmt. No offense but your negativity against the Divine Crossing is not grounded due to incorrect usage and invalid logic.

Again I never claimed it works so much better for DMT! Although this, one would probably only have got in context with what I have written right in the beginning of my post.
I just wanted to point out the "in my opinion" negative points of the DT V3 I encountered during my trials. And for 5-MeO-DMT it is certainly just a huge difference.
So I could then just as well change my critique point of the ring into a critique that it needs quite an effort to load correctly.

Quote:
I tried the full spectrum of smoking DMT devices.

Did you try a cup atomizer? If yes, which one?
Would be really interested, as I only know 2. Would love to hear of other ones, or experiences with these two.

Quote:
Please try the DCv3 with dmt and the correct techniques and let me know how the mr bald t compares. My concern is the lack of TC mode. I love temperature control.

Maybe I will try once. But I still see massive problems in loading the crystalline DMT powder just on the ring. I'm not one with fine motor skills Very happy

But I don't see much sense in trying it, when I'm so happy now with my current solution.
What I really like about a cup atomizer is, that it can be used for such a wide range of substances and is extremely simple to use, load and clean.
Even if I'm still quite strongly tripping I can reload. Did this once on DPT, which really makes you horribly jittery on the hands. Laughing

Regarding TC. The Bald T works flawlessly with TC. I always use it in that mode. Strangely the manufacturer says, it's not for TC, but it works. The resistance very nicely changes with temp.

I'm happy that you found a device working for you. I'm also happy I found one working for me.
But as said, IMHO none of them is perfect. IMHO there's clearly room for improvement.
Just from the data, e.g. I would expect the Terra 2 to be quite better than the Bald T. Zikzak got one AFAIR, but didn't yet post a review.
Someone on reddit managed to mount it on a DT V3.
And as I said, I have high hopes, that DT itself will release a cup atomizer in the (hopefully near) future.

I can understand the base problem, namely that all these atomizers get developed for THC wax. The trypt vaping market is probably just too small for a special device, or it would then be quite costly (e.g. like a GVG).
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

OrionFyre
#5 Posted : 7/29/2017 4:12:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
stuff

Hey Someone!

I enjoyed reading your report.

I quickly found that the best approach for me personally was to take a nice slow easy toke while firing, then as I approach the ten second mark releasing the button and quickly pressing it again for another 5 seconds or so. After that second firing I let go and continue breathing in through the atomizer for another 3-4 seconds to clear it and get any remaining vapor coming off the hot coil. I set it aside and get ready for the action.

Try that and see how it plays out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

some one
#6 Posted : 8/21/2017 11:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion,

Interesting technique. I'm just reading this now. What I did myself was re-press the fire button after 10 sec and continued inhaling for +/- 5 sec. Then held my breath for +/- 10 sec. and inhaled a second time until the 10 sec mark. Got all in in 2 hits. You're saying you're getting all in in one. Will try next time. What's your current temp + power setting?

Aum_Shanti,

I dig criticism but the things you stated didn't make much technical sense to me, which I must admit trigged my autistic personality trades to get annoyed a little, yes. I hope I didn't come across too blunt, if so sorry about that. I am still curious for a 1-1 comparison to your vape. How good is your cup atomizer to smoke dmt and can you get everything in in one hit without burning anything and any foul taste /hard to inhale smoke? Anyway, too bad you refuse to give the v3 a try with the correct tips and techniques. I've discovered I have no issues with leakage and loading effort:

Update 1 - After starting with very white (pure) dmt derived from a fasa + conversion tek, I (+ friends) tried the device +10 times with some relatively yellowish oily mhrb naphtha extract. Some oil condensed on the walls and some came under the donut. However, none blocked the airholes. So... not need to fear airhole blockage. But... Clean DMT is preferred as this vapes faster /easier and leaves no residue. In my opinion the DMT gets vaped while the oils with higher boiling points stay behind (like with distillation).

Update 2 - I learned to drop the dmt in by tapping it from a folded piece of paper, trying to get most on the donut. Some will drop in the mid hole, but this isn't a problem as you can easily scrape the inner hole with a small dabbing spoon, moving the dmt on the donut. So... not need for steady fingers or being super careful about getting all the dmt only on the donut. It's not needed. Remember to melt at 200F.

Update 3 - I've had one of my best breakthroughs ever. Used 40 mg dmt. Very pleased.

ducdevil
#7 Posted : 8/22/2017 12:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey guys, thanks for posting all the info on this.

so...to "someone" Smile

i've got the set-up, both the mod (ileaf pico) and the DT V3. i have a couple of questions:

using very fluffy, white spice, it's a fairly large pile of goodness to spread across the donut if one is at a dose beyond 25-30mg. when doing the pre-melt at 200 do you find or worry that some of it runs into the very fine crack between the donut and the outer housing? on mine, there is a tiny gap; seems some of it would run down. perhaps doesn't matter since wherever it goes it will vaporize at the 2nd temp - around 350 you say.

i did a test-run (just to see how it vapes) with just a tiny amount on the donut. melted well as you suggested. i then upped the temp and held down the fire button...there was a small "sizzle" and a wisp of vapor. i don't think anything burned at all - but it happened quite quickly! is that what you've found?

i probably only put 3mg on the donut for this test. pretty soon i'm going to try a mid-size (25mg or so) dose and see where it takes me. just thought i'd ask you this first...

thanks

some one
#8 Posted : 8/26/2017 9:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I replied here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=830381#post830381

To keep the conversation in one thread.

starway6
#9 Posted : 8/27/2017 1:55:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Went into some head shops that sell vaporizers and no one has the devine crossing v3 ..? but they show me donut vapes that apear smaller than the... D V 3...

They also warn me about being carefull to use the right metal type coil..they say the nickel coils can melt and end up in your throat? if used with wrong mod?

They are telling me that ..[titanium coils].. are the best to use but most of them dont use dmt...

i have a 75watt adjustable ..[cool fire iv ] mod that isnt temp control but can adjust wattage anywhere within 75 watt range.. they say i dont need tempo control and can use my ..coolfire iv]]

the coolfire has watt and volt adjustable...

could i use this with the devine crossing?

OrionFyre
#10 Posted : 8/27/2017 2:24:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Went into some head shops that sell vaporizers and no one has the devine crossing v3 ..? but they show me donut vapes that apear smaller than the... D V 3...

They also warn me about being carefull to use the right metal type coil..they say the nickel coils can melt and end up in your throat? if used with wrong mod?

They are telling me that ..[titanium coils].. are the best to use but most of them dont use dmt...

i have a 75watt adjustable ..[cool fire iv ] mod that isnt temp control but can adjust wattage anywhere within 75 watt range.. they say i dont need tempo control and can use my ..coolfire iv]]

the coolfire has watt and volt adjustable...

could i use this with the devine crossing?

"they say the nickel coils can melt and end up in your throat"
I'm too lazy to do the math, but I suspect that you'll need significantly more power than an 18650 cell can put out to melt nickel.

OrionFyre attached the following image(s):
melting nickel.jpg (58kb) downloaded 262 time(s).
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

starway6
#11 Posted : 8/27/2017 2:48:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats what they told me...?Wut? if i used too high of a power without temp control?

maybe someone once put a really high power hit on a nickel coil once /

they said titanium coil was best to use../?

ut of course i was asking them questions without telling them i want it for dmt...they think im using it for leagle pot wax or other leagle herbs ...

OrionFyre
#12 Posted : 8/27/2017 3:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Thats what they told me...?Wut? if i used too high of a power without temp control?

maybe someone once put a really high power hit on a nickel coil once /

they said titanium coil was best to use../?

ut of course i was asking them questions without telling them i want it for dmt...they think im using it for leagle pot wax or other leagle herbs ...

As with anything you have to consider the source of the information. My opinion on the matter boils down to nickel coils cost less than titanium coils. Not to mention, in the ceramic donuts the nickel is surrounded in ceramic material which has an even higher melting temperature. Personally I'd be taking what they told you with a grain of salt. Especially considering they're salesman.

I had a salesman trying to tell my grandmother she needed a $1200 laptop instead of the $300 one I was trying to tell her to buy. I never trust salesman, I'd sooner trust a lawyer.

I've been using temperature control mode with great success.

As to your previous post I wouldn't go with any smaller donuts on account of the fact that a breakthrough dose of spice is a decent amount of material to be loading on such a small surface anyways. And the larger the surface area the more efficiently/quickly it will atomize the material
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

some one
#13 Posted : 8/28/2017 10:27:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:

They didn't have what you were looking for and advised you to buy something they did. I agree with Orion, don't trust salesmen.

Quote:

Don't know about the burning your throat thing, but what he probably meant was that nickel coils can only be used for temp control and that you need a modbox which supports this. Most older modboxes only support wattage control in which the coil could heat up too high and break. Though the coil in question can be heated to 20-something Watt without issues (used for cleaning purposes).

Quote:
They are telling me that ..[titanium coils].. are the best to use.

If anyone makes statements like these I always like to ask for the reason why. I'm sure there might a reason why some prefer titanium over nickel. However, Titanium can also only be used in temp control because if it heats too high titanium dioxide forms with carcinogenic fumes. Not nice... I always wondered why this risk isn't mentioned for dabbing nails, but that's an other story. Also, as Orion mentions the coil is integrated in a ceramic shell so any nickel vs titanium issues the salesman was referring too might not be applicable.

Quote:
i have a 75watt adjustable ..[cool fire iv ] mod that isnt temp control but can adjust wattage anywhere within 75 watt range.. they say i dont need tempo control and can use my ..coolfire iv

Who says you don't need temp control for what? For the DCv3 temp control is preferred. Meaning, you need to buy a a new modbox..

Good luck! Thumbs up