We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Herbal teas ..A witches brew of dreams! Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 8/18/2017 1:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For months now.. ive become fond of creating my own cup of bedtime tea by trying diferent combos of diferent but safe..plant herbs ..

Herbs like organic..lemon grass...chamomile flowers...raspberry leaf...peppermint leaf..lemon balm leaf...passion flower..spearmint leaf...lavender flowers ...blue vervain..tian men dong...and the list goes on!... are making me sleep like a baby every night.. and being a lover of dreaming... its boosted the duration and numbers of dreams per night i experiance !!

One niight i breifly woke up from a dream atleast one time every 45 to 60 minutes ALL NIGHT!
talk about an over dose of REM sleep!Rolling eyes

When i use six diferent tea herbs one night then only 3 the next it changes my dreaming subjects and vividness..

I want to try some.. Heima Salicfolia..tea also some.. calea zachatechi when i con order some for a tea..

there are others like ..silene capensis.. mugwort leaves ..ginko biloba..and burdock..that are suposed to have a strong effect on dreaming...

This morning after many vivid dreams i heard a very clear wispering voice tell me that someone i knew but havent seen in years was dead?

that was a very strange experiance...some herbal teas seem to open up channels to a dreamer..
anyone elese ever found herbal teas hads this power on dreaming?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/18/2017 2:45:41 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes. Mugwort is astonishing. Just sleeping next to a sprig of mugwort noticeably increases intensity of dreams.

It's also so abundant in my region that I'm equally astonished that it's sold in the herb section of the supermarkets as well.

'Coleus' - Solenostemon scutellaroides - also seems to have an effect. I once woke up in the night for no reason and looked at my coleus plant just as a leaf fell off. This seemed to be a sign so I ate the leaf and quickly fell asleep again to have a particularly lucid dream. Although this sounds like WBTB lucidity induction to a large degree and needs further investigation.

Experimenting with nutmeg tincture and related potions also lead to some pretty crazy dreams but at the expense of being out of it for a couple of days. Waking up would be obstructed by intense, hyper-real dreams. Overall I'd urge caution with the nutmeg.

Iboga microdosing also produced this waking difficulty in me. Dreams were more real than waking up so I tended to stay half asleep and unable to get out of bed.

I may be an atypical subject, YMMV but mugwort will work.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway6
#3 Posted : 8/18/2017 3:08:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Yes. Mugwort is astonishing. Just sleeping next to a sprig of mugwort noticeably increases intensity of dreams.

It's also so abundant in my region that I'm equally astonished that it's sold in the herb section of the supermarkets as well.

'Coleus' - Solenostemon scutellaroides - also seems to have an effect. I once woke up in the night for no reason and looked at my coleus plant just as a leaf fell off. This seemed to be a sign so I ate the leaf and quickly fell asleep again to have a particularly lucid dream. Although this sounds like WBTB lucidity induction to a large degree and needs further investigation.

Experimenting with nutmeg tincture and related potions also lead to some pretty crazy dreams but at the expense of being out of it for a couple of days. Waking up would be obstructed by intense, hyper-real dreams. Overall I'd urge caution with the nutmeg.

Iboga microdosing also produced this waking difficulty in me. Dreams were more real than waking up so I tended to stay half asleep and unable to get out of bed.

I may be an atypical subject, YMMV but mugwort will work.

Ive strugled with lucid dreaming for years and have other supliments that can supercharge whatever the are taken with..
For example ..vinpocetine is a super carrier used with a very small amount of galantamine taken with vinpocetine or mixed in the [vin capsule] ..[like 2mgs] will speed the galantamine to the brain receptors because its like ginko increases blood flow to the brain very efectivly..

Ginko takes weeks to work vinpocetine works imeadiatly!

Yes im really amazed at the power of herbs !Thumbs up

melotikaci
#4 Posted : 8/18/2017 10:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's exactly what I need as I barely see any dreams. or if I do I don't remember anything at all. :/

BTW, are there any plants that help with nightmares?

smoothmonkey
#5 Posted : 8/18/2017 5:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mugwort is an excellent dream aid, as well as Yarrow and Wild Lettuce. Also, taking bacopa monierri drastically helps with dream recall, IME. It comes in powdered form (unless you grow your own) which is very bitter and difficult to consume on its own. It also takes about 2 weeks of daily use to produce full effect, but it helps significantly with memory and cognitive function - the dream recall is just a nice side effect. Pleased

Since it's so bitter, I've found the best way to ingest it is to make a tincture with vegetable glycerine as this curbs the supreme bitterness of the herb (1:8 ratio, plant:glycerine). Let it sit in the glycerine for 3 weeks and then strain through muslin.

A similar herb to bacopa is Gotu Kola, or "Brahmi". This herb is much easier to use in a tea and produces comparable effect to bacopa.

If you haven't tried them yet, I'd also recommend these herbs for nighttime relaxation (as well as other benefits):

- Burdock Root
- Ashwaganda
- Skullcap
- St. Johns wort - which helps with nightmares (and anxiety) - melotikaci
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Cognitive Heart
#6 Posted : 8/18/2017 7:41:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey wrote:
A similar herb to bacopa is Gotu Kola, or "Brahmi". This herb is much easier to use in a tea and produces comparable effect to bacopa.

There are some great recommendations in your post, however, in traditional Ayurveda, gotu kola does not represent "brahmi." Gotu kola is known as Indian pennywort, not Indian brahmi. Bacopa is fairly well established within Ayurvedic medicine as "Brahmā" or "Brahmi."
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:50:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

smoothmonkey wrote:
Since it[Bacopa monnieri]'s so bitter, I've found the best way to ingest it is to make a tincture with vegetable glycerine as this curbs the supreme bitterness of the herb (1:8 ratio, plant:glycerine).

I don't get why people struggle with bitter so much but I also drink wormwood tea twice a day. The aromatic aspect of wormwood takes the edge off a little, perhaps.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

smoothmonkey
#8 Posted : 8/19/2017 9:00:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CH, thank you for the correction. I had heard both of these herbs called "Brahmi" at one time or another, and was unsure of it's true title.

... and yeah, bitterness is never really a big issue for me either - but choking down a bitter, chalky powder of plant matter every day is not quite as easy as a tincture. Have you ever tried a good strong Reishi tea? Now that is some bitter brew!
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

starway6
#9 Posted : 8/20/2017 2:19:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well i tryed a little Mugwart in my tea before bed..

There were other herbs like...organic.. spearmint leafe ...passion flower..lemon balm leaf..and organic lemon grass.. in the tea small portions of each herb...

And yes!! after a good deep 4 hours of sleep the dreams started and i had one that was awesomly vivid where i was flying through the sky and looked down as i flew and under me was a ..[sky road] moving very fast under me as i flew i could see the road apeare as a grassy path then it changed to wooden planks that quickly disapeared to open sky [a great lucid dream sign i missed..] the sky roads kept changing and disapearing to diferent things as i flew!

Tyhen as dreams go the dream scene sudenly changed to me walking through a giant dream city it was all so vivid it would take a while to report it all!

In this dream i came very close to becomming lucid but it was so vivid i enjpyed it any way!

So far it apears the mugwart had a positive effect on me!

Ill keep trying with it in my teas...

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 8/20/2017 7:39:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

smoothmonkey wrote:
... and yeah, bitterness is never really a big issue for me either - but choking down a bitter, chalky powder of plant matter every day is not quite as easy as a tincture. Have you ever tried a good strong Reishi tea? Now that is some bitter brew!

I never really noticed much of a flavour with my reishi powder, maybe it was bunk Smile

smoothmonkey
#11 Posted : 8/20/2017 7:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
smoothmonkey wrote:

I never really noticed much of a flavour with my reishi powder, maybe it was bunk Smile

I have never used the Reishi powder, only dried slices of mushroom. I'm not sure how the powder is prepared, but when brewing the mushroom, it is simmered all day in a large pot and left to sit out under the full moon, after which it is reheated in the morning with the addition of other roots and mushrooms.
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

WisdomTooth
#12 Posted : 9/25/2017 1:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried calea zachatechi multiple times now as well as mugwort, never really noticed anything. As a child i always had wild dreams, i remember my mother used to give me honey, lemon and chamomile tea every night.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

WisdomTooth
#13 Posted : 1/6/2019 1:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to update old thread but i thought it would be worth since i am very curious...

I have tried many herbal teas over the years but the ones i felt the most noticeable effect from and still do to this day are these two. Especially when it comes to deep relaxation, sleep, dreams and general inner-peace/calm.

https://www.buddhateas.com/calm-buddha-blend.html

Ingredients:
Chamomile Flower
Passion Flower
Skullcap
St. John's Wort
Spearmint
Lavender
Cinnamon
NOTE: The one i have been using has KAVA KAVA as the first ingredient but the new one doesn't have it anymore for some reason. I have yet to try the new one but i do believe KAVA is quite important and which makes this tea unlike any other.

The second best one i tried is this.
https://www.vitacost.com...-true-wellness-sleep-tea
Ingredients:
Organic Tulsi (Holy Basil)
Cardamom (pod)
Chamomile (flower)
Peppermint (leaf)
Dwarf Morning Glory (whole plant)
Ashwagandha (root)
Gotu Kola (Centella) (whole plant)
Stevia (leaf)

I guess the combination of herbs have really good synergy. I never really experienced anything close to these especially the Calm Buddha Tea. I have also done some experiments with cannabis and notice after drinking the tea and smoking a joint the high is quite different, more psychedelic and deeper experience overall.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.