We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Desmanthus Illinoensis sprouts are yummy Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 8/16/2017 5:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been rainy as heck here, just moved the cacti to a dry place and went to snatch up some of the seed from my Desmanthus pods that were like rattles the other day and some of them were sprouting right in the pods Shocked I had a large package of commercial seed i used to start a nice patch of these guys. They grow a lot around railroad tracks and near the river but I stay away because they spray these areas. Yuck.

I decided to eat the ones like this and they were pretty tasty. If I get enough seed i may set some aside for sprouting to add to salads Thumbs up
skoobysnax attached the following image(s):
Desmanthus-sprouts.png (3,019kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

roninsina
#2 Posted : 8/17/2017 2:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woh! Crazy looking seed pod! I haven't seen that before. Can you describe the flavor?

The bundleflowers are in various stages of flowering and seeding out in my area too (zone 5 North America).

I came across a large, mature patch a few weeks ago and harvested a couple grocery sacks of root. Maybe I'll see you over in the desmanthus workspace soonThumbs up

[edit: Did you eat the seed hulls as well? Those things slice up my calloused hands while harvesting; I can't imagine them in my mouth.]
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

pinkoyd
#3 Posted : 8/17/2017 6:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

If you haven't done so already, separate the root bark and shred it while your batch is still fresh. The roots dry out hard as rocks and the rootbark becomes impossible to separate from the cortex making it disproportionately more difficult to process for extraction.
I already asked Alice.

roninsina
#4 Posted : 8/17/2017 11:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:
If you haven't done so already, separate the root bark and shred it while your batch is still fresh. The roots dry out hard as rocks and the rootbark becomes impossible to separate from the cortex making it disproportionately more difficult to process for extraction.

Thanks pinkoid, that's great advice! I think I discovered that the hard way, a couple years ago (I mentioned it in the desmanthus work space thread) and ruined a large volume of bark. I didn't have time to process my roots (and was familiar with the root/cortex fusion problem) so left them to soak in a bucket of water which became rancid (the roots are a bit fatty?) and then, absentmindedly exchanged the water with an addition of vinegar, a few times, until I had time for an extraction Surprised (yes, you may call me dumbass, henceforth)....aaaand dumped the vinegar and water soak, down the basement sewer.

Yes, I processed the current harvest immediately, with a hammer, then garden pruners, then to the blenderThumbs up
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 8/18/2017 5:25:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Maybe I'll see you over in the desmanthus workspace soonThumbs up

[edit: Did you eat the seed hulls as well? Those things slice up my calloused hands while harvesting; I can't imagine them in my mouth.]

I tossed the pods. There were a lot like this.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 8/18/2017 8:59:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Maybe I'll see you over in the desmanthus workspace soonThumbs up

I tossed the pods. There were a lot like this.

Why am I here?

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 8/19/2017 12:07:26 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Have you thought of combining those sprouts with a few sprouted rue seeds? Sproutahuasca! Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli