We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sodium Hydroxide to freebase HCL Options

Michael Hunter
#1 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:44:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi fellow members,
I am researching the process of converting 5-Meo-DMT HCL to the free base using Sodium Hydroxide (SH) and alcohol.

As there seems to be any number of quality and purity grades of SH, I wonder to what extent one or another form is significant to obtaining the best results.
So, that's one question I have, does it matter what percentage, form or level of purity of SH one uses, as long as one reaches the correct ph level of the mix?

And secondly, what happens to the SH after the conversion is done? Does the alcohol or the process of conversion itself evaporate it? or is there a way of ensuring that it does not end up as a component in the free base?
I sure don't want to be inhaling it.

And, thirdly, what form, grade, or percentage of SH do you recommend for this process?

I would appreciate some advice as I have little training in organic chemistry.

Regards,

Michael.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:58:41 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30524

The above is a safe and simple method to freebase your 5meo using sodium carbonate. No need for lye.

Smile

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 8/19/2017 12:01:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Look at tseuq's recent post, where this procedure was described. Sodium carbonate will suffice and it's easy to make your own at food grade using sodium bicarbonate - baking soda. Heat the baking soda (not baking powder!!) in a stainless steel pan until it stops levitating. Then your product - sodium carbonate - is ready to use.

Quote:
I would appreciate some advice as I have little training in organic chemistry.

This is hardly organic, it is much more like inorganic chemistry with an incidental organic cation. If you're at this stage of learning just hold back on obtaining the sodium hydroxide for a bit until you're more confident.

Sodium carbonate will do the job just fine, perhaps better than the hydroxide for this purpose.

EDIT: TGO beat me to it!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli