We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
OPIUM GROWING? Options

MalargueZiggy
#21 Posted : 5/7/2009 7:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modsquad09 wrote:
SWIM just wants enough so that as soon as he starts feeling addicted hes already out & cant grow anymore, ya digg?

Foolproof!
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

VisualDistortion
#22 Posted : 5/7/2009 8:29:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol, ok.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 5/7/2009 9:17:31 PM

The Great Namah

MalargueZiggy wrote:
modsquad09 wrote:
SWIM just wants enough so that as soon as he starts feeling addicted hes already out & cant grow anymore, ya digg?

Foolproof!

Please, please tell me the both of you are kidding, right?

Bad, Bad, Bad idea. Not trying to be preachy, but trying to moderate opiate abuse is like trying to herd whales....not the best of ideas...and will usually backfire in the worst way.

You might run out of homegrown opium, but you can pick up pods on the internet damn near anywhere....
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

MalargueZiggy
#24 Posted : 5/7/2009 11:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
MalargueZiggy wrote:
modsquad09 wrote:

Foolproof!

Please, please tell me the both of you are kidding, right?

Acolon, that comment was firmly tongue in cheek.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

HappyCamper
#25 Posted : 5/7/2009 11:39:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

alcon_5, how exactly would you describe a poppy pod addiction on a scale of 0-10? For perspective let's say cigs are a 2-3.

#26 Posted : 9/4/2009 6:22:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to throw this out there, poppy tea is very easy to taper and get off of do to its super long duration.

Darkbb
#27 Posted : 9/7/2009 1:50:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
The problems with opiates is prohibition. Aside form prohibition they really have zero negative effects aside from addiction although many things are addictive. That said the current system is one of prohibition and thus very dangerous. Not knowing what you are taking and the dose of a substance with a low therapeutic index is a very very big risk that has left a lot of people who have tried it behind. Not to mention all the other filth that it is cut with. I know of 5 people who have died from heroin (or actually fentanyl), however there is no debate that had they known what they were taking and how much they would still be here today.

Additionally the high prices and impure street opiates forces people to use IV to save money and steal to support their habit. If we look at what opiate usage was like prior to prohibition we see virtually no harmful effects. Many normal and successful people used opiates their entire lives and lived to great ages, its use was not associated with crime, overodose or even IV use (some people did but not all).

I am not advocating opiates and I agree with Dwhitty76 and say that from experience I would recommend staying away from stronger opiates, if only because of prohibition. It is much easier to get caught up in this thing than one thinks. Even though it is only a monster because of prohibition that does not negate the fact the prohibition is currently the law of the land. It is just not worth it, it is very hard to ever stop using opiates, if you are one who enjoys them, which only 10-15% of people who try them do. I think one will be fine from using opium occasionally, in SWIMs opinion it is a very different effect than other opiates. Also you need a field to get a decent amount of opium for personal use. Unless you have extra acres good luck even trying to develop a habit.

My FAMOUS last words with oxycontin were. Just one more time... Lol I laugh at myself now well past that stage of my life and realise there was only one last time.

Opiyum
#28 Posted : 9/19/2009 5:38:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
alcon_5, how exactly would you describe a poppy pod addiction on a scale of 0-10? For perspective let's say cigs are a 2-3.

First of all I would consider cigs to be a 9 or 10. They are the most addictive substance on the planet when you consider how many people are addicted to it that is. And I would consider poppy pod addiction to be the same as any other opiate/opioid. I used pods and seed tea for about six months with the initial intention of using them to taper off of heroin and methadone which I had been using at the time. At first it was quite nice being off the done and not having to cop dope anymore and I was maintaining quite well on the pods but once I was stable on them and tried to ween off I had the same difficulties that I did with done and bupe tapers.

All in all this is a pretty bad idea to even toy with something as addictive as opiates.
Poppy tea/opium is just as hard to get of of as heroin. That's the truth. The tea contains both morphine, thebaine (of which oxycodone is derived from) and codeine and upwards of thirty other alkaloids.

Acolon said precisely what I was thinking that once you try this out in your garden if you find that you liked (which you will) then you will quickly find that ordering dried pods off the internet is very easy and they are relatively cheap. Then you will find that you can by bulk seeds in grocers in your area and make seed tea which is just as potent and effective.

Don't be fooled into thinking that because its a natural source that it is safer. Respiratory depression and death is a very real possibility as well as addiction. The high from poppy's in any form is very similar to any semi/fully synthetic opioid. In some sense it's actually more addictive because it isn't an isolated alkaloid but contains a whole host of different compounds.

Oh and be prepared for some of the absolute worst tasting tea you've ever had in your life. It's really hard to get this shit down.

Not to mention it is illegal and if your planning on cultivating opium then you have to be careful of neighbors seeing you out in the garden scoring your pods or worse licking off the sap and nodding out in your garden. The moment you score those pods you have just run the risk of a manufacturing charge which could take a decade of your freedom away depending on where you live.

Whoever said that poppy pods are "VERY EASY" to taper off of has never tried an opiate taper while physically dependent. East let alone very easy couldn't be further from the truth. We are talking about Morphine here which is two simple steps away from heroin and if your using heroin any way other than IV then really your feeling the effects of morphine alone for the most part. Tapering isn't something you should even be thinking about though. IT can take quite a while to become physically dependent and to begin to feel opioid withdrawal syndrome symptoms so a taper wouldn't apply to you unless you did start ordering off the internet because you simply couldn't grow enough to maintain a daily habit for longer than a couple weeks at best. IF you want a natural drug for tapering a better choice would be Kratom.

I realize this is a very personal subject for me and your getting a biased opinion here but there is a good bit of misinformation in this thread, thankfully Acolon tried to help correct too, and I wanted to correct that and the opinion of someone who has been there before can be some of the best advice you can get. Having said all that you are an adult and should do whatever you want and certaily shouldn't have to deal with the government telling you otherwise but I still think that your peers should do everything they can to keep you from going down this road. It's exactly what I would do if my kids wanted to try opiates. I would do everything I could to stop them but don't feel the feds should have any part in that.
IF you do end up doing this I hope that you share your experience with all of us. Let us know how they are doing (they can be very difficult to get started but once they are they are very tough plants) and let us know how they are treating you.

acolon_5
#29 Posted : 9/20/2009 5:49:03 PM

The Great Namah

HappyCamper wrote:

Mental Addiction 5
Physical Addiction 7
W/D's 8
Legnth of W/D's 9-15 (sometimes more) days

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

dread
#30 Posted : 9/20/2009 7:59:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
For perspective let's say cigs are a 2-3.

umm... what?? cigarettes are way more addictive than opium.

'Coatl
#31 Posted : 9/21/2009 1:36:24 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I was considering growing a few plants of the best possible strains of Opium Poppy and producing a very small amount of smokable opium, just so I can try it once or twice....

Does anybody know the best strains? Any outdoor growing tips?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

shoe
#32 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM grew a garden full of persian opium, hens + chicks, etc. He scarred the seed pods and collected the sap. It was wiped onto cigarette papers and smoked, and he found it 1) gave him a headache. 2) tasted funny 3) made him feel sick.

So, generally his experience with opium wasn't positive. Its probably just as well, because if you look at it, the only thing that'll happen if you get a good strong experience is that you'll feel like doing it again.

right?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#33 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
]

They're really easy to grow, just scatter the seeds. Bring on the little'uns indoors, then plant them out. Just watch out for the neighbours noticing, as they're pretty obvious even to the layman. POPPIES = OPIUM.
Opium producing verities listed above.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

'Coatl
#34 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:35:19 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
So, generally his experience with opium wasn't positive. Its probably just as well, because if you look at it, the only thing that'll happen if you get a good strong experience is that you'll feel like doing it again.

Sounds like a bad strain or something.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

VisualDistortion
#35 Posted : 10/9/2009 5:35:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
I was considering growing a few plants of the best possible strains of Opium Poppy and producing a very small amount of smokable opium, just so I can try it once or twice....

And with that sentence, an opium love affair begins.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

jamie
#36 Posted : 10/9/2009 6:34:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have always been interested in the famed opium dreams or visions that happen in between waking and sleeping..never went down that road though..I would try it maybe once to see for myself..but wouldnt be going back for round 2..an opiate addiction is probabily the last thing I need. I doubt you would get addicted after 1 time, physically anyway..lots of people drink pod tea only once a week or month or so..more than that and I have been told it grabs you and sucks your life away..

"Quote:
For perspective let's say cigs are a 2-3.

umm... what?? cigarettes are way more addictive than opium."

I also agree that cigarettes are way more than 2 or 3 on an addiction scale..they are probabily just as bad as crack, meth or opiates..just more socially accpetable..I started smoking and stopped like 3 times..and it was always hard and I didnt even smoke much, just a few a day..I hated it, i felt guilty becasue I knew how bad it is and all the additives and shit they add as well..luckily I havent done that in a few years..

I have lots of friends that are wildy addicted to cigarettes, one of them can't even stop even though she's pregnant, same with coffee..I know another woman who justifies her smoking (players light) by saying it's becasue shes a shaman, and tries to get other people to smoke with her for some weird ego stroking ritual(and always the poison gov stuff becasue it tastes betterConfused)..and got mad at our other friend who had quit becasue she wasn't going to smoke with her for the "girls smoking night"!! Tobacco is a very powerful plant..can be used for great good or great evil(addicition and controll) I think..

Cigarettes killed my uncle..gave him cancer..he recovered and then broke down and started to smoke again(of course gov crap not organic)..got cancer again and died..people behind those cigarette companies should be put away or just gotten rid of..they are murderers..all blood money from where I stand.

I bet that 1 government smoke is worse for you than 1 moderate line of cocaine..seriousily..take into account all the chemicals and fibergalss in the filters that deposites into the lungs..that shit aint comming back out..
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12