We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Is the research on DMT Nexus the way to go or counter productive? Options

obliguhl
#21 Posted : 8/15/2017 10:49:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EntreNous, you have raised a few good and interesting points. For once, it is great to have confirmation that underground cultivation of cannabis made mainstreaming possible. It makes complete sense: As long as a growing amount of people, in a reasonably free society, work on achieving their goals they will be achieved sooner or later. As for working on "embracing your rathoood" so to speak: True in the sense that you simply can't allow yourself to believe you are a part of mainstream culture when it comes to Psychedelics. While it is true that a ton of people hide their experiences, due to repression, it is still a niche activity and a highly illegal one to boot. I wouldn't call us rats though - more like pioneers. The risks we take will benefit many more people down the road.

With every bit of risk we take we potentially:

- Save people from Trauma
- Save people from Suicide
- Save people from Cluster Headaches
- Save people from dying in misery
- Save people from Depression
- Save people from living a dull, meaningless existence
- Save people from destroying the environment they live in

... and so forth.

Advancing psychedelics is't just about our own personal developments, about healing ourselves.

It is a struggle to be able to help others find the help they desperatly require.

I personally find that very motivational.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#22 Posted : 8/15/2017 1:20:15 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Mainstreaming/legalizing psychedelics carries with it a high potential for state/systemic recuperation of the compounds and experiences generated therein. Expect to see the radical potential of these compounds largely sidelined (both in narrative and practice) in favor of silicon valley bros microdosing to increase productivity, imperial soldiers being "restored" to "functioning" members of society, and rich partygoers looking to shake off reality for the weekend, to say nothing of the regulatory processes and questions of who gets to control and legitimize these compounds/experiences in a mainstreamed or legalized context.

Careful what you wish for...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

syberdelic
#23 Posted : 8/15/2017 5:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

delete me

SnozzleBerry
#24 Posted : 8/15/2017 10:32:58 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

syberdelic wrote:
...humans have a pretty good track record at adaptation.

That's debatable, at best, imo. And regardless of your views on humanity, state and corporate powers have pretty miserable track records, and in a context of "mainstreamed"/legalized psychedelics, that's precisely where power will rest.

Quote:
Now, don't get me wrong here, when I say mainstream, I don't in any way mean the same as what is happening with weed. I think that any human society should have a certain taboo regarding psychedelics. It would require a radical change in society to be otherwise. Many need this taboo to impart respect/fear. But at the same time, criminal charges and jail time for possession of these substances is absolutely ridiculous no matter if it's in a spiritual setting, therapeutic setting, or an ICP concert.

For someone advocating to "mainstream the hell out of [psychedelics]," you seem pretty unclear about what you're advocating for, which seems a bit odd given the initial voracity of your words. Perhaps it would be good to get some clarity on that before advocating so strongly?

You can eliminate legal issues through decriminalization without getting into regulatory frameworks for commercial production or "mainstreaming" psychedelics as commodities. Neither of those aspects of the commonly encountered "push for legalization" will play out like many of the proponents believe, imo. I don't think many of them have given the matter much in-depth thought, but that's just my opinion based on the conversations I've had with folks, and the regulatory frameworks being espoused by the advocacy groups I've encountered.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Ananda7519
#25 Posted : 8/25/2017 4:21:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding the legality issue I have been involved in all sides of the "War on drugs" and after 40 years drugs are cheaper and more available. We also have more inmates than most of the rest of the world.
I did every drug you could get ahold of from 1971-1982 when the military instituted piss test that caused a sea change in the military. I was in the Caribbean chasing down fast boats out of Venezuela. We were just catching Jose and his cousin that were willing on gambling a big chunk of their life that if they made it they got the boat and a bag of money.
Meanwhile, in Cartegena, the drug lords are living in mansions along the beach. Safest neighborhood in South America by the way. I have partied on the beach there while people are pulling zip log bags of Cocaine out of their pockets and shoving drinking straws in there to get a bump.
I think that we can only hope that we will see the light as a country and adopt the Portuguese method and just decriminalize all drugs and spend the billions of dollars saved in not locking people up on treatment for those that want it.
Clearly, the trying to legislate morality has always failed we should have got a clue from Prohibition. People like to get high and people will get high and if everyone would accept that simple fact and act accordingly. I know I am preaching to the choir here but that is the only way forward that I see that possibly has a chance of happening.

The storm can not hurt the sky.

burnt
#26 Posted : 8/25/2017 4:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Producing DMT and other tryptamines / phenylethylamines in a sustainable way is relatively straight forward using synthetic methods. Most synthetic chemists who operate in the clandestine world probably don't focus too much efforts on compounds like DMT or mescaline because they aren't as in demand. If these drugs were legalized it would be pretty easy to develop safer synthetic methods, bulk extraction / purification, biotechnology methods (as mentioned yeast etc), and plant breeding / hybridization to increase yields. People wanting to consume some DMT is not destroying the rain forest. Many other factors like over development, climate change, and over population are far far far far more of a problem.

Cannabis is rapidly being legalized. Psychedelic research is coming back. I'm optimistic legalization is a possibility in my life time. Or at least decriminilization. The old world is crumbling. Humanity is at a crisis point. People are desperate for meaning and purpose. Religion isn't filling that void anymore and when it does its regressive. I see psychedelics as one of the ways we have left to bring people together again.

Forgot to add a lot of the research here was about investigating plants that we knew already should produce dmt. More could be done to find new plants in related families / genera. Preferably easy to grow and relatively pure source.

DrSeltsam
#27 Posted : 8/28/2017 7:36:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me it is a very hard question how legalising psychedelics would work. There is quite some difference between stuff like cannabis or even alcohol and stuff like mescaline. If you just take stuff like mescaline in a unsafe setting and experience effects like ego death you might get stuff like PTSD.

spacexplorer, I would guess the way to go is showing that the compounds can be used safely when the right set and setting is employed - like the folks at MAPS or Heffner are doing. I think in combination with psychotherapy we can really get to the full potential of what these compounds are capable of.

burnt, you are right. Making these compounds is trivial for every chemical company. Being sustainable is a bit harder but far from difficult.

obliguhl, I fear that I will start building my own greenhouse Sad

dreamer042
#28 Posted : 8/28/2017 9:12:07 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

It's no longer a question of if we will see legalized psychedelics, but when.

From what I understand, MAPS ultimate goal is a model wherein you do a few guided sessions with a therapist/shaman type of team at the clinic to earn your "pilots license", then you get that nice script saying take 2 pharmaceutical grade LSD's and call me in the morning. It doesn't sound too bad, but such a tightly controlled model raises quite a few red flags for those of us that would seek no less than full psychological sovereignty.

While it'll be great to be able to pay big bux to get a dose of synthetic psilocybin down to the local MAPS clinic, my fear is that old Joe Shmoe growing a batch of cubies in a plastic tub in his bedroom will still be subject to prosecution for that action. Much as it's nice to head down to the weed store and pick up some goodies, there are now severe restrictions on where and how a person can grow this plant. It's gotta be locked up out of sight, putting a seed outside in the garden is a still somehow a criminal act. Such is life in the land of free dumb.

I'm not really all that worried about it though, because the psychedelic genie is well and truly out of the bottle. The open source technologies of amateur mycology, gardening, and kitchen chemistry have spread so prolifically that now anyone with the desire to undergo a psychedelic experience can easily achieve that with a little bit of research and effort without having to rely on shady dealers and criminal distribution networks. The knowledge of entheogenesis cannot be stopped at this point, it's really become a climate of adapt or perish. No matter whether or not you'll eventually be able to con that old croaker Dr. Eamer into writing you another acid script, those fungi will keep right on a fruiting and those acacia trees will keep right on a growing. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Ananda7519
#29 Posted : 8/29/2017 6:13:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And the Cacti can be ordered

Auxin
#30 Posted : 8/29/2017 6:22:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The 'it can be ordered' mentality is always hazardous. It wouldnt take much for a government to stop most open sales of these substances. In the US for example: MHRB and ACRB could be stopped by a simple reinterpretation of existing laws, rue and vine could be stopped by a importation regulation [which is far easier to get approved into law than a new drug designation], cacti could be controlled by stricter phytosanitary law enforcement and perhaps some bureaucracy to discourage small time and quazi-legal vendors, mushroom spores could similarly be stopped by bureaucrats alone.

I hope decriminalization occurs. I was somewhat annoyed when marijuana was legalized in my state. I voted for it, but I have no use for marijuana or alcohol. I want LSD damnit! Razz

On the up side, as observed, research into these things is in a serious resurgence. And not just in psychology. If your any good with searches on google scholar you can find at least one new study every week now, on any range of subjects. For instance it recently blew my mind [so to speak] to see a paper* showing realistic levels of harmine, harmaline, and THH to cause brain stem cell replication, migration, and differentiation.
This aint the old days of dosing some poor hippie with too much acid and locking him in a box to see what happens.

* Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 5309 'The alkaloids of Banisteriopsis caapi, the plant source of the Amazonian hallucinogen Ayahuasca, stimulate adult neurogenesis in vitro'

Ananda7519
#31 Posted : 8/29/2017 6:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No doubt the Government could shut all this down. Especially since 9-11 terrorism and drug gangs are taking up most of LE attention. Does anybody in LE give a rats ass about the 3 grams of DMT somebody made in the kitchen. Hell no, Unless someone complains they have way more pressing matters. People that do Psychedelics tend to keep a low profile and not be a problem for LE. Just do an Amazon search for Lye or fumaric acid ect. The other bought items, mg scales, naphtha, turkey baster ect.
It would not take much detective work to figure out what is going on. The problem is then what. Are we going to arrest another 50 or 60 thousand people? People are not dying from it. People are not selling their body to get the next hit of DMT. Apparently, about a half a million people are trying DMT a great percentage are one and done but the knowledge is out there. There are also no DMT cartels so LE is don't ask don't tell. I think if you take reasonable precautions the chance of legal entanglement is minimal.

Auxin
#32 Posted : 8/29/2017 7:18:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You make the mistake of assuming cops are caring, rational, reasonable people wanting to help society. Some are, of course, but for the most part cops are businessmen. They are not hired to enforce morality or ensure justice. They are employed to write tickets and make arrests which are likely to result in conviction. Thats it, no justice or morality, theyre job is tickets and arrests within the context of their operating budget. Its the bottom line that matters, if they dont chase down some people its because the cost of the task is above the average for the particular job. If a teenage girl is raped and a cop happens to see a beer in her purse, guess whos arrested. If an apartment is robbed at gunpoint and the gunmen drive off, but the responding officers see some drugs in the victims house guess who gets arrested. They wouldnt crack down on these people because of cost but they'll arrest them when theyre 'freebies'. Its a business.
A business thats influenced by politics. If politicians grant them more money to chase down a certain group of people that changes the profit and loss statement and the cops start busting those people.

Western nations purged morality from law enforcement to avoid ethnocentric and fanatical abuses. The result was bureaucrats and businessmen running around with guns.

DrSeltsam
#33 Posted : 8/30/2017 3:43:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042: interesting ideas but I don't see broad legalisation happening anytime soon. Both MAPS and Heffter are pushing MDMA/Psilocybin towards Schedule II (only to be used under medical supervision). It would be cool go to beyond this but how?

When the first case reports of panic attacks on psilocybin would come to the news, the media would be writing about nothing else - just because it sells. Sad

Ananda7519
#34 Posted : 8/30/2017 6:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the magic in the mushrooms helped me come to grips with my exit from this plane of existence in the not too distant future and how shitty it is operating now. Hopefully, after MJ is legalized or at at least decriminalized by the Feds. We will have a Congressman or Senator that tried the spice and push to decriminalize Psychedelics.

A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success. Elbert Hubbard

Godsmacker
#35 Posted : 9/7/2017 12:50:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dmt-Nexus, along with the Entheogen Review alongside other drugs forums, have conducted more research into all aspects of psychedelics than 'legitimate' science has in the past half century.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Godsmacker
#36 Posted : 9/7/2017 12:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PS: Radial TLC alongside colorimetric reagent analysis, UV-C and tabletop NMR are your friends
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

1ce
#37 Posted : 9/8/2017 11:27:23 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

Pharmacutical companies are not chemical suppliers -.-'

I think you may be a bit misguided. If you want pure compounds, bury your nose in chemistry book, and take up chromatography.

Grass is a viable dmt source in more ways than 1 my friend. Entheogens are quite easy to aquire when you've trained your mind for it.

1ce
#38 Posted : 9/9/2017 3:14:32 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Auxin wrote:
You make the mistake of assuming cops are caring, rational, reasonable people wanting to help society. Some are, of course, but for the most part cops are businessmen. They are not hired to enforce morality or ensure justice. They are employed to write tickets and make arrests which are likely to result in conviction. Thats it, no justice or morality, theyre job is tickets and arrests within the context of their operating budget. Its the bottom line that matters, if they dont chase down some people its because the cost of the task is above the average for the particular job. If a teenage girl is raped and a cop happens to see a beer in her purse, guess whos arrested. If an apartment is robbed at gunpoint and the gunmen drive off, but the responding officers see some drugs in the victims house guess who gets arrested. They wouldnt crack down on these people because of cost but they'll arrest them when theyre 'freebies'. Its a business.
A business thats influenced by politics. If politicians grant them more money to chase down a certain group of people that changes the profit and loss statement and the cops start busting those people.

Western nations purged morality from law enforcement to avoid ethnocentric and fanatical abuses. The result was bureaucrats and businessmen running around with guns.

Hey now, let's not generalize to the point where we're throwing stones at people we don't know. I know it varies from one locale to another but I've had many pleasant experiences with LEOs. They may not know about my 'drug habbits', but I feel that I can say with no form of delusion that many LEOs don't care too deeply about what you do in the privacy of your own home. Drug 'labs' are of course a different story. We are all fed the same anti substance bullshit as kids, and cops aren't suddenly evil because they believe the same propaganda as every other american.

I know in many places in the us, a mere joint could land you years of hard time, it's never been that way here. With the exception of very large grow busts, the worst penalty I've heard of regarding cannabis is a 50$ citation. As a youth I was caught smoking from a pipe. Having seen cops the tv show, I was expecting to go to jail, instead I was told to break my pipe, which I did; and I was let go with a warning. Not everyone can tell the same story, but I guess it depends on where you live. And you know: cops get cluster headaches too.

I don't care what you believe, but I'd appriciate it if you left the hatespeach about perfect strangers at the door. It crosses the threshold of prejudice.

SnozzleBerry
#39 Posted : 9/9/2017 3:53:19 AM

omnia sunt communia!

In the US, the moment a cop makes a choice to put on a uniform, that person aligns themself with the forces of oppression, domination, and white supremacy. There are no good cops, there are no bad cops, there are only cops...tasked with enforcing the dictates of capitalism and the state through the barrel of a gun. ACAB. Period.

That's not hate speech, that's not prejudice, that's an established, historically-verifiable fact.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Auxin
#40 Posted : 9/9/2017 4:23:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Hey now, let's not generalize to the point where we're throwing stones at people we don't know.

I tried to make it clear I wasnt generalizing against people, but defining the purpose and nature of the institution. I guess I failed, lol.
Individual people may be cool, and even compassionate. You can never expect that from an institution as a whole though, particularly if you are how they make their living.
Use cops if you need to, but only trust people.

PREV123NEXT