We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Donate/Volunteer to support Extended-State DMT Research – DMTx Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 7/23/2017 5:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://dmtx.org/

Quote:
Medicinal Mindfulness LLC is developing a proposal for Extended-State DMT research (DMTx), a model developed by Dr. Andrew Gallimore and Dr. Rick Strassman to stabilize and extend the DMT psychedelic experience. Learn more here

This landing site has been set up to direct those interested in the project to our program manager for inquiries into DMTx research. A psychonaut training manual for potential volunteers will be released soon. We are currently recruiting a protocol development steering committee and taking inquiries about the program.

For inquiries and to apply to participate in the project, email us at dmtx@medicinalmindfulness.org.

To begin the process of becoming a volunteer psychonaut, or a professional or volunteer team member, please email us your resume/CV and a cover letter explaining your interest, experience and potential contribution.

Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date on all DMTx related activities, and please follow the PayPal link to make a donation. Everything helps! This project is for the psychedelic community by the psychedelic community.

Link to relevant paper:

Gallimore, A. & Strassman, R. (2016). A Model for the Application of Target-Controlled Intravenous Infusion for a Prolonged Immersive DMT Psychedelic Experience. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 7, 211.

http://journal.frontiers...armacology&id=205781

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AcidShard
#2 Posted : 7/23/2017 8:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!
This is a huge step forward for psychedelic research.
I was very interested in this when I first heard of the method they will be using, which is similar to how anaesthesiologists put you under for surgery.
I am very excited to see what kind of results they will get from this study.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/23/2017 11:36:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

As you may well appreciate, Krystal Cole states that Gordon Todd Skinner and co. were doing something like this in the Kansas missile silo back in the day, albeit not necessarily in the name of medical research!

In that vein (sorry!), will the patient be given access to the dose rate control? I would see that as being akin to the throttle of an aircraft.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

exquisitus
#4 Posted : 7/24/2017 7:48:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what in god's name is "volunteer psychonaut" supposed to even mean?

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 7/24/2017 7:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to take a wild guess that a "volunteer psychonaut" is precisely what it appears to be. Someone (very likely an experienced psychonaut, not just anyone is likely to be eligible for this) who will volunteer to be a study participant in this research.

exquisitus
#6 Posted : 7/24/2017 8:20:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone watched gallimore's video and willing to explain in simple words what he is talking about?

i have all the context he seemingly references, i have known about cellular automata, and conway's game of life (and lots of other research by conway btw), i think i have a good grasp of physics, and i have been into complexity science for 4 decades, and yet, his talk sounds like mostly random soup of buzz words to me... his views on "information" at least as he presents then are naive and primitive. he is updating how we view the world big time, as he himself proclaims in his own words, i get that, but when one discounts all the hand waving (quite literally) what remains as a meanigful residue? some kind of coherent and somewhat rational argument there?

exquisitus
#7 Posted : 7/24/2017 8:43:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess...

come on... that'd would the very first and most superficial of dozens dozens of things to come instantly to mind Pleased assuming automatic reading comprehension deficiency in all people, would be kinda unwise, especially for deep thinking people, no Pleased look deeper.

laughingcat
#8 Posted : 8/3/2017 9:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

exquisitus wrote:
anyone watched gallimore's video and willing to explain in simple words what he is talking about?

Perhaps it will be more clear when the higher quality video is available (soon hopefully) and the book I'm writing. But, briefly, cellular automata are used to illustrate how simple rules can generate highly complex patterns of information (assuming you accept that a cellular automaton is a pattern of information - see Langton's discussions on virtual state machines (VSMs)). These VSMs can self-organise to generate complex structures with hierarchical levels of increasing complexity. If we view life in this manner (after Fredkin, et al) then the brain sits at the apex of this organisation hierarchy, as a highly complex pattern of information, information generator and processor - this information manifests as your phenomenal world. Psychedelics change the information generated by the brain and thus your world. This was the rationale for starting with CAs, but it was difficult to try and cover a lot of ground in a short space of time, so I appreciate it might have been difficult to follow from the live stream. I was trying to go from the ground of reality to the neuroscience of psychedelics in an hour Confused

People at the event didn't struggle to understand where I was going with this, so perhaps it's partly a problem with the poor quality of the video (especially the graphics were unclear I think). As regards to "buzzwords", I specifically avoided technical terms as far as possible to avoid alienating the audience. Anyway, that's the general idea - I can flesh out further if interested..... Smile

Oh yeah, and I'd be interested to know what you thought was "naive and primitive" about my description of information? Information defined as being generated when a system selects between a finite number of discrete states is pretty standard and captures the idea of information in a way anyone can understand (especially when illustrated by the flipping of a coin and relating this to binary 'bits'Pleased. In fact, you will hear Seth Lloyd discuss information in a very similar way. So please let me know where I fell short here - it's all useful feedback! Smile

Naut
#9 Posted : 8/8/2017 12:37:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big Rick is still hitting the gas pedal, rock on mate!
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

mikeAtHome
#10 Posted : 8/8/2017 2:14:36 AM

The only God I can imagine is a God that I can't possibly imagine

Sounds too good to be true. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I know it's a little late but do hope some slots are still open. Just saw this post so haven't explored their web but am going there now to find out more on the "what" and when the cutoff is. This kind of research gives me hope regardless of whether I can participate. Thumbs up
mAH wants to know: Are We Having Fun Yet?

laughingcat
#11 Posted : 8/8/2017 10:33:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mikeAtHome wrote:
Sounds too good to be true. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I know it's a little late but do hope some slots are still open. Just saw this post so haven't explored their web but am going there now to find out more on the "what" and when the cutoff is.

The proposed study is nowhere near to the stage where volunteers will be selected and finalised and there is no cutoff for making your interest known.

Francois
#12 Posted : 8/8/2017 6:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

laughingcat wrote:
mikeAtHome wrote:
Sounds too good to be true. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I know it's a little late but do hope some slots are still open. Just saw this post so haven't explored their web but am going there now to find out more on the "what" and when the cutoff is.

The proposed study is nowhere near to the stage where volunteers will be selected and finalised and there is no cutoff for making your interest known.

Would the research be done in Boulder, CO? I'm wishing to express an interest in volunteering, but not sure there would too much use in doing so, considering I live in the UK.

It looks fascinating regardless! Big grin

laughingcat
#13 Posted : 8/8/2017 11:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Francois wrote:
Would the research be done in Boulder, CO?

That's the plan, although there are a lot of regulatory hurdles to navigate over before that would be possible!

Artemis
#14 Posted : 8/14/2017 9:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey laughingcat, I remember reading Dr. Strassman's thoughts on DMT after analyzing the results of the study, and correct me if I misinterpreted, but he seemed to suggest that DMT may be the "program" that essentially allows the brain to briefly achieve quantum processing at body temperatures and grant us access to observe parallel worlds. Is this line of thinking still being considered and in some way integrated in the questions of the study? Very interesting stuff. I'm also reminded of the chemical cocktail referenced in the new fiction novel, "Dark Matter," that allows the character to physically reach a quantum state of superposition and access parallel worlds.

Appreciate your comments and thank you for moving psychedelic research forward!

laughingcat
#15 Posted : 10/15/2017 1:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

exquisitus wrote:

A much better quality video of the lecture is now up on the Youtubes. Hopefully my talk will make more sense now........ hopefully....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A10V_t95VfI

ducdevil
#16 Posted : 2/15/2018 7:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wanted to revive this thread...

just curious if there is anyone else in the Nexus community that is taking part in the webinar series that is ongoing? i have been participating; it is well-organized, professionally presented and researched and very inspiring. i am really glad i am doing this - not necessarily to become of the "chosen" psychonauts to actually voyage once the study is underway, but the discussions on psychedelic healing, breathwork and mindfulness practices are immensely useful to all who voyage deeply within...

anyone else doing these online webinars? your thoughts and reactions?

tseuq
#17 Posted : 2/15/2018 9:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

laughingcat wrote:
A much better quality video of the lecture is now up on the Youtubes. Hopefully my talk will make more sense now........ hopefully....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A10V_t95VfI

@laughingcat, Thank you, for this inspiring talk! The models, representing a steady trans-dimensional process of information, triggered hyperspacial memories.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..