We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sclerotia/Truffles thread Options

explorer7
#1 Posted : 7/23/2017 6:01:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've found several truffle threads and have some questions for the experienced truffle Nexus brothers/sisters

I've travelled alot with P. Cubensis and never with truffles

1. Several people say the Truffles (p. mexicanae) are "more clear" than P. Cubensis, is that your experience?

2. Some people say the truffles cause less nausea than P. Cubensis, others say the opposite ... ?

3. Dosing seems to not be clearly agreed upon ... different people say different things:
15g of fresh sclerotia = 3g of dried cubes ... is this right?

4. Some people say truffles are much better journey than P. cubensis ... do you agree?

Thanks a million,
Explorer Myco-lover
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 7/23/2017 6:33:59 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

1. I don't have experience with the sclerotia from p. mexicana but I can attest that p. galandoi, p. tampenensis, and p. atlantis truffles are less stoning and moar clear headed than cubensis.

2. I don't usually get nausea from mushrooms/psilocybin so I'm not really the best person to address this, but none of my friends have seemed to have nausea issues with either fresh or dried truffles.

3. Fresh sclerotia is roughly twice as potent as fresh cubensis by weight. So 10 grams fresh sclerotia is roughly equivalent to 20 grams fresh cubensis or 2 grams dried cubensis. Dried sclerotia is about 2/3 the potency of dried cubensis so 3 grams dried sclerotia would be equivalent of about 2 grams dried cubensis.

4. For some reason I haven't been able to hit the visionary levels with the sclerotia even at very high doses. This may just be a personal issue, but it'something I've found to be consistent across strains. For me personally sclerotia is nicer for moderate dose festivall playing and dancing and such, but when I'm looking to open the hyperspace gateway fruits are much moar reliable.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

explorer7
#3 Posted : 7/23/2017 7:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer, as always you're a treasure trove of all things MYCO! thank you

Couple questions:

1. Among the p. galandoi, p. tampenensis, and p. atlantis truffles, which is your favorite and why?

2. For hyperspace and revelation, do you reckon P. cubensis fruits are better (or more revealing) than truffles?

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/23/2017 11:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the Netherlands, there is a whole range of truffels (legally) available. These truffels are grown under very proffesional conditions, and vary in strength and quality.

Powerfull ones aren't in any way different from the more well known psychedelic shrooms.
I especially like the p.pajateros.

explorer7
#5 Posted : 7/23/2017 11:39:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

Powerfull ones aren't in any way different from the more well known psychedelic shrooms. .

Dragon, can you share a little more ... do you go less deep with them vs. shrooms?
Are they as spiritual for you ... or different
Curious about your experience with dutch truffles

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 7/24/2017 12:26:46 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I haven't really noticed much difference between them, but if I had to pick one I'd probably go galandoi since they seemed just slightly moar potent.

The thing with the stones is, I'd take a very hefty dose, they would hit me incredibly hard, I'd have to go lay down. I'd close my eyes and dissolve into... nothing, just darkness there. No geometric tapestries, no guided tours of the birth and death of superclusters, no deep therapeutic insights on my own personal relationships and shortcomings. Nothing, nada, ziparoonie.

It's very very strange and was consistent across multiple strains and dozens of experiences over the course of the couple years or so that I was really working with the truffles. I can't really account for it. Surprised

One of these daze I wanna try with some harmalas and see if they can make it do the thing for me.

Cubensis fruits always opened the hyperspace gateway right up for me when I lay down and let go.

Maybe it's something with my personal biochemistry. Maybe it was something to do with tolerance in the time period I was eating them. Maybe the hyperspace elves had closed that gateway for repairs lol, I really can't even begin to explain what was going on there. Psilocybin should do the thing no matter what form it comes in but for some reason I just couldn't get there on the truffles.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

explorer7
#7 Posted : 7/24/2017 5:37:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

The thing with the stones is, I'd take a very hefty dose, they would hit me incredibly hard, I'd have to go lay down. I'd close my eyes and dissolve into... nothing, just darkness there. No geometric tapestries, no guided tours of the birth and death of superclusters, no deep therapeutic insights on my own personal relationships and shortcomings. Nothing, nada, ziparoonie.

that's FASCINATING
Wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Maybe it took you to a place beyond the narrative, a deeper ground of consciousness beyond the differentiated narratives.

The Sufi tradition speaks of the Luminous Black space of creation.
The Tibetan tradition speaks of the Alaya, black nothingness.

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 7/24/2017 3:24:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:
dragonrider wrote:

Powerfull ones aren't in any way different from the more well known psychedelic shrooms. .

Dragon, can you share a little more ... do you go less deep with them vs. shrooms?
Are they as spiritual for you ... or different
Curious about your experience with dutch truffles

Well, they don't seem to be different from mushrooms. But at the same time there are differences between the various types of truffles, just like with mushrooms.

The thing is, there are different brands, and each brand has it's own range of products.
They all have 'basic' mexicana, tampanensis, galindoi, and atlantis, of wich the mexicana consistently is the weakest one. But they also have a couple of a couple of 'subspecies'.

These subtypes are pajateros or galindoi, most of the time. But they realy seemed to have done everything to make them as powerfull as can be. I don't know what techniques they use. I must say that i suspect some of the people growing them, of just injecting them with 4-AcO-DMT or simmilar substances, because some of them are just so incredibly strong.

All of these subtypes have fantasy names like 'dragons dynamite','mothers finest', 'royal beluga', etc.
Some of them are very 'clean': it almost feels like pure 4-AcO-DMT or p.cyanescens. They can be powerfull and gentle at the same time. Others though, tend to be not so gentle, and they can hit you realy hard. I consistently find that to be the case with the so-called 'dragons dynamite' and 'dutch dragon' types. I found the 'mothers finest' ones, to be very clean and hard to distinguish from p.cyanescens.

explorer7
#9 Posted : 8/11/2017 5:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I started a Tampanesis and Ganlindoi grow ... my first time
Using rye berry

Been 12 days ... I'm seeing a cloudy mycelium forming ... does this look right? (pics below)
Seems like it will take a long time?

I'm not seeing that bright white mycelium i usually see in BRF cakes with cubes

explorer7 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170811_091157.jpg (4,258kb) downloaded 90 time(s).

kerelsk
#10 Posted : 8/11/2017 5:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good, explorer7, your grains look like they're hydrated very well and evenly, I think that's one of the hardest parts of growing sclerotia Thumbs up

I've had two experiences with P. galindoi so far, and it's been very different from cubensis. Much less shaking, tremoring, confusion. Moar openness, freedom to guide the spirit with my mind, very clear. The state of mind almost reminds me of empathogens, it's more similar to everyday life and thoughts than the hyperspacial ego-dissolution of cubensis.

I can't wait to work with this species more, I think there's a lot of work on my everyday life that I can do with this than the astral-romping and roaming of cubes. Much easier to take and integrate, as an adjunct to self-help meditation. Very caring, maternal spirit. Have not had random hyperspace breakthroughs so far, as dreamer mentioned...

Lots of Mexican color schemes and patterns as well. Galindoi is supposedly most closely allied to P. mexicana.

explorer7
#11 Posted : 8/11/2017 5:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Kerelsk, i've never experienced any of the sclerotia forming mushrooms, now you got me even more inspired to grow these!!

I used Dreamer42's tek to make cube based tinctures, and find this really smooth and helpful for microdosing, meditation ... now looking forward to experiencing galondoi in meditaiton setting

Curious if you prefer to eat sclerotia fresh or you dry them first or do you only work with the fruits?

kerelsk
#12 Posted : 8/11/2017 9:20:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't been working with the sclerotia for very long, so far my method has been to eat them fresh if available, and let them sit out in open air to dry. They cause me less stomach upset both dry and fresh than dried cubes. Fresh cubes are bueno...

I think I should get some better way to dry them long-term so they don't mold, but I don't think they have the enzyme that cubensis does that degrades psilocybin in the presence of water+oxygen. (Sorry I can't find a reference for this at the moment)

explorer7
#13 Posted : 8/12/2017 5:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

K, wondering if the sclerotia would preserve very well if immediately after picking would be placed dehydrator?

kerelsk
#14 Posted : 8/12/2017 2:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see why it would harm them, but I've never tried it

TGO
#15 Posted : 8/12/2017 7:08:24 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

explorer7 wrote:
K, wondering if the sclerotia would preserve very well if immediately after picking would be placed dehydrator?

I've dried them in a dehydrator before and didn't notice any problems with preservation. After dehydrating, I vacuum seal the stones with one of those food safe oxygen absorbers and place the sealed bag in the freezer. In this condition, they will last for a LONG time.

Be aware that when truffles dry, they become extremely hard like rocks/pebbles, which is where I'd imagine the term "philosophers stones" comes from. Definitely rehydrate them in some water to soften them up before consuming. When fresh, chewing them up is very similar to the texture of nuts.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

explorer7
#16 Posted : 8/12/2017 11:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=The Grateful One][quote=explorer7]K, wondering if the sclerotia would preserve very well if immediately after picking would be placed dehydrator?

Grateful for your insights Grateful!
Will definitely note to rehydrate.

Wondering if like K, you also notice any Mexican patterning in the viewing/journey ... just wondering what that could be about? Haven't had that happen when any of my cube experiences

kerelsk
#17 Posted : 8/13/2017 3:58:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hm, I'm under the impression that P. galindoi is closely related to P. mexicana, but I can't find any sources to back that up right now. P. mexicana is said to be one of the preferred species of the Mazatecs, and I imagine it has had a long history of use and mind-melding with the people of its area.

I get really different visions from different tryptamine-bearing lifeforms, and it seems to me that they carry a personality and spirit. Perhaps indigenous Mexican people have imprinted onto this mushroom or vice-versa, or maybe it was a fluke of experience.

The visions are very different from cubensis though, so far. There's been less 'scenes' or landscapes, and more isolated imagery, simpler in design. I had one vision of a water droplet in what looked like a neural/mycelial mat, being absorbed, coming at me from above, but it was of such a texture so different from cubensis... Plus lots of almost textile-like patterns under closed eyes, very easy to deal with and pleasing mentally. Not sure what to say yet

I should take note of more visions, since they are in some ways easier to describe than transcendent states of mind, and good storytelling points.

explorer7
#18 Posted : 8/13/2017 4:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to working with these!

explorer7
#19 Posted : 8/13/2017 10:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys, to shake or not to shake, that is the question? Smile

Some swear by shacking the jars to speed up the process others say leave it alone ... what do you think for these?
explorer7 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170811_091157.jpg (4,258kb) downloaded 38 time(s).