We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Electronic Plants: Wires and supercapacitors constructed inside living plants Options

Psybin
#1 Posted : 2/28/2017 2:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"A special structure for storing energy known as a supercapacitor has been constructed in a plant for the first time. The plant, a rose, can be charged and discharged hundreds of times."

I had never heard of electronic plants until today, what about y'all on the Nexus?

Quote:
"A few years ago, we demonstrated that it is possible to create electronic plants, 'power plants', but we have now shown that the research has practical applications. We have not only shown that energy storage is possible, but also that we can deliver systems with excellent performance," says Professor Magnus Berggren, head of the Laboratory of Organic Electronics, Linköping University, Campus Norrköping.

Wires and supercapacitors constructed inside living plants

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 8/13/2017 11:54:30 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

thanks Psybin

Cyberflora, now

interesting..

MaNoMaNoM
#3 Posted : 8/13/2017 8:25:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks it sounds pretty cool, but i wasn't impressed when i saw the picture.

i was picturing like living genetically altered plants to make electricity Confused
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE