We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Would you be backing this game if there was a KS campaign for it?
Choice Votes Statistics
Sounds horrible, never 0 0 %
I don't play videogames 6 60 %
No backing, but I would give it a shot when released 3 30 %
I would back the KS campaign 0 0 %
Take all my money and give me digital hallucinations 1 10 %

Video game on psychedelics - Feedback requested Options

The Neural
#1 Posted : 9/16/2016 5:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks,

I am in the making of a 2D, side-scroller platformer, titled "Hallucinogen".

The game will feature several levels, and each one is associated with a particular tribe and their respective, highly regarded, sacred plant. You will get to play as a member of that tribe, while you quest to reach the location of the plant, consume it, and while under its influence, fight the Boss. Each tribe/culture will be as accurately portrayed as possible, and mythological creatures relevant to each culture will be swarming the levels.

Play as a(n) :

Aztec - Psilocybe
Huichol Indian - Peyote
Ancient Greek - Datura
Siberian tribe - Amanita Muscaria
Central Africa - Iboga
Brazilian Tribe - Ayahuasca
Mazatec - Salvia Divinorum

(the tribe/plant allocation may change)

You will be given the choice to select the plant you are interested in, and subsequently the cultures that were highly associated with it. Important to note, epoch-wise, the game is covering anywhere from around 5000BC (first signs of processed Peyote) to a pre-colonial era.

Example:
Play as a Huichol Indian, on a quest chasing the Blue Deer in Sierra Madre Occidental range, fighting your way amongst mythical creatures.

At the springs of Tatéi Matiniéri, fight Nacawé's water serpents that control the ominous storms, and reach the hill where Peyote grows.

Consume the Peyote, and in a trance, fight The Night, to bring back the Sun on your lands.

Current State : At the moment, the engine is ready, and assets are being designed/produced along with the animations.

Plan : Kickstarter campaign around December/January

Why a KS : The artist is expensive, as are the accompanying software and staff (Animation suites, Unity assets, and additional commission colleagues)

Who we are :
Myself - Programming, music, and animation
The artist - http://vincentvanhoof.deviantart.com/gallery/

The soundtrack for the KS trailer :
https://soundcloud.com/u...588460/2016-hallucinogen

A little concept art treat, potentially a marketing logo :
Please see attached image

Scope and timeline :
The game will feature over 3 hours of gameplay for each level. KS base goal will give us 12 months to complete 1 or 2 levels.
Stretch goals will incrementally add additional levels, and 2-3 months additional delay for each stretch goal achieved. This is expected, as the
level design, lore and research, and most importantly, art and animation will need to be produced for each stretch goal reached.

After you considered the previous information, I would truly appreciate your feedback.
Is this a game you would be interested in playing?
Is this a game you would be interested in backing at Kickstarter?
If yes, what feasible rewards would motivate you into backing it? (tangible HQ illustrations etc)

Any input will be treasured. Thanks!
The Neural attached the following image(s):
Hallucinogen Logo _ Color 2.jpg (1,517kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/16/2016 6:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a lovely and promising project, good luck!
The music is great, like some sort of psychedelic Videogame EBM Laughing

The Neural
#3 Posted : 9/16/2016 8:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
What a lovely and promising project, good luck!
The music is great, like some sort of psychedelic Videogame EBM Laughing

Thank you, good to hear! And that's the music style perfectly described! Smile

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 9/17/2016 12:26:03 AM

Come what may

Shut up and take my money!! lol Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

The Neural
#5 Posted : 9/17/2016 4:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Shut up and take my money!! lol Thumbs up

Thanks, glad to see an enthusiast Pleased

endlessness
#6 Posted : 9/27/2016 12:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend!

Definitely an interesting idea.. Im not sure if you saw this game that was done in collaboration with the huni kuin tribe. Maybe it serves as an inspiration?

I would definitely support in terms of word of mouth, but given my budget, no financial backing unfortunately..

Good luck either way!

The Neural
#7 Posted : 9/27/2016 3:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Hey friend!

Definitely an interesting idea.. Im not sure if you saw this game that was done in collaboration with the huni kuin tribe. Maybe it serves as an inspiration?

I would definitely support in terms of word of mouth, but given my budget, no financial backing unfortunately..

Good luck either way!

Hey E, that is a great reference, will look more into it. It seems to be in the direction I am going. Thanks for this!

BecometheOther
#8 Posted : 9/28/2016 12:42:35 AM

metamorhpasizer

I think it's a really cool idea, I would definetly play it!

Best of luck bringing it to fruition!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

The Neural
#9 Posted : 9/28/2016 1:21:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
I think it's a really cool idea, I would definetly play it!

Best of luck bringing it to fruition!

Thank you! Will post more content once it's available, feedback is overwhelmingly welcome, and will help shape this into a game enjoyable to as many people as possible.

null24
#10 Posted : 9/28/2016 2:15:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I can take or leave vid games for the most part, but this digs pretty cool and that art it's fantastic! Churn that creative pot!

You better let us know when we can play. Wink
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

The Neural
#11 Posted : 9/29/2016 1:32:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I can take or leave visa games for the most part, but this digs pretty cool and that art it's fantastic! Churn that creative pot!

You better let us know when we can play. Wink

Hey thanks! The artist is indeed very talented and his style with this intense colouring and high contrast can make wonders. Just wondering, what are visa games?

And of course will let you know, there also might be a demo for the kickstarter campaign, but at the moment it is at its early stages of development. Will update this post with the link to a facebook page, tracking updates of the game.

mikeAtHome
#12 Posted : 8/10/2017 6:23:39 AM

The only God I can imagine is a God that I can't possibly imagine

The Neural wrote:
Hi folks,

I am in the making of a 2D, side-scroller platformer, titled "Hallucinogen".

Best of luck, I know it takes a lot of time and focus that I couldn't imagine committing to. I see this is a pretty new post with not a lot of responses yet. After a reasonable sample has been collected, I'd be very interested in knowing how answers from members here compare to those collected elsewhere. I mean, you gotta be doing that, right?

If I had to place a bet, I'd predict the responses collected here from our whacked out constantly tripping members will probably be right in the middle of what you see elsewhere. Please keep us posted.
mAH wants to know: Are We Having Fun Yet?