We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV8910
Advaita Vedanta - ancient wisdom Options

nen888
#181 Posted : 8/7/2017 1:54:03 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Swayambhu wrote:
'Go find a traditional Indian Ayurvedicist. They will tell about all the crazy medicines that can do weird and wonderful things to you, but they will not tell you how.'
..this is truePleased

Sri Adi Shankaracharya - Dasa Sloki (Nirvana Dasakam) [10] :

"It is not one; how can there be a second different from it? It has neither absoluteness nor non-absoluteness. It is neither void nor non-void since it is devoid of duality. How can I describe that which is the essence of the entire Vedanta!"

ΰ₯

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

joedirt
#182 Posted : 8/8/2017 1:36:34 AM

Not I

nen888 wrote:
Swayambhu wrote:
'Go find a traditional Indian Ayurvedicist. They will tell about all the crazy medicines that can do weird and wonderful things to you, but they will not tell you how.'
..this is truePleased

Sri Adi Shankaracharya - Dasa Sloki (Nirvana Dasakam) [10] :

"It is not one; how can there be a second different from it? It has neither absoluteness nor non-absoluteness. It is neither void nor non-void since it is devoid of duality. How can I describe that which is the essence of the entire Vedanta!"

ΰ₯

💗
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Rising Spirit
#183 Posted : 8/9/2017 3:06:45 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

joedirt wrote:
💗

Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi wrote:
Yes, the Heart is the one supreme centre of the Self. You need have no doubt about it. The real Self is there in the Heart, behind the jiva or ego-self.

You cannot know it with your mind. You cannot realise it by imagination when I tell you here is the centre (pointing to the right side of the chest). The only direct way to realise it is to cease to fantasise and try to be yourself.

When you realise, you automatically feel that the centre is there. This is the true centre, the Heart, spoken of in the scriptures as hrit-guhaarul (Divine grace), ullam (the Heart).

Love is the Buzz. Love
Rising Spirit attached the following image(s):
18835536_10154618790697304_7932453589487083538_n.jpg (31kb) downloaded 129 time(s).
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

nen888
#184 Posted : 8/9/2017 4:29:52 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

i'm glad you're still about joedirt and Rising Spirit, and nice posts, thanks

your pic Rising Spirit reminds that it is said in some old verses that within each skin pore of the 'body' of Krishna is contained an entire universe with an entire parallel earth..

essentially though thank you for bringing the thread back to what's important...<3

and yes, as is said in the Svetasvatara Upanishad :-

Quote:
"The Self, smaller than the small, greater than the great, is hidden in the hearts of all creatures."

Bancopuma
#185 Posted : 8/9/2017 11:40:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was very recently introduced to Advaita Vedanta by a 5-MeO-DMT experiencer, in the form of YouTube talks by teacher Rupert Spira, which I've really been enjoying so far. This person recommended Advaita Vedanta as a conceptual framework for processing one's breakthrough 5-MeO experiences (during which one is very likely to have an experience of non-duality on which these teachings are based) while at the same time taking those experiential insights forward and grounding them. That state of consciousness that 5-MeO can provide access to...the state of timeless infinity and cosmic oneness...is definitely not a new human experience that's for sure. Spira seems like a highly articulate teacher, and I've enjoyed his talks so far...and what he is saying from the Advaita Vedanta perspective resonates very deeply with my breakthrough 5-MeO insights.

Quote:
THE MODEL FOR BEING HERE NOW

I wanted to share this link to the talks of Rupert Spira, whose YouTube channel I recommend, as well as the podcasts on his website. This short talk is good but I’m only sharing it to create awareness of this teacher. His other talks are excellent also. I like the way his channel offers mostly short five to 10 minute segments.

These teachings will be of great benefit for people working with 5-MeO-DMT who seek a conceptual framework for processing their experiences. When we encounter infinity via the toad sacrament, we rediscover something that has been known and thought about for at least 3,000 years.

Spira is a teacher of nonduality or what’s traditionally called advaita vedanta (as you may already know). This is perhaps the oldest spiritual or consciousness modality in the world, predating Buddhism and formal Hinduism (of which it became a part). Advaita vedanta teaches what I concluded from my own separate studies and experiences, especially with psychedelics: that the ground of reality is a universal awareness, from which the illusion of the egoic self separates us; this separation is the source of all suffering.

There are many teachers of this understanding but I find Spira to be perhaps the most articulate. This is the realization or understanding that awaits the seeker at the end of every modality, once they've exhausted themselves with yoga and meditation and ecstatic dance and prayer. All of those things are excellent as they lead us toward this knowing, which is the sacred gem or lotus for which we long.

The most powerful DMT sacraments, and especially 5-MeO-DMT "toad" medicine, can allow us a direct experience of nonduality. I know it's not for everyone, but the combination is very effective of grasping the conceptual framework offered by teachers like Spira, catalyzing the knowledge with a direct experience of infinity via the psychedelic, and then embedding the knowledge via an ongoing meditation and yoga practice. I hope this is helpful to some of you

nen888
#186 Posted : 8/9/2017 1:12:59 PM
member for the trees

thanks Bancopuma for the input and link..
one of the reasons for putting this thread here was to provide a 'framework' yes for some people here, though also something which applies to so-called everyday life as well..so i think yes this is helpful in this context, this site, so i am very happy that it has also been helpful in your path Bancopuma..and the aspect of grounding or integration is an important one..the Vedas really claim to be universal knowledge, not simply 'hindu'...it's all our heritage..

i briefly recounted an experience earlier which was a plant containing both 5meo-dmt and dmt in combination ('the power and the glory' some have called this combination), and where that lead...to Aum..but the most profound of realisations was that the core of this, the Advaita...That...is present even without the effects of such an experience..it is always there...once it is known what to look for (or not look for, rather), it's always there..here

obviously i've been an advocate of plants as tools for studying consciousness, though i don't think that they are everyones' path, or need be used frequently, nor necessary for all to comprehend the non-dual..or that there is one ultimate method..it's why i avoid the Soma discussion in this thread (though am happy to engage it elsewhere) ..i became interested in sanskrit and tantra (broad meaning) a number of years ago in my general study, and began reading the vedas in their original language...i do plan to talk and write on some of my research somewhere, but my conclusion was, from the vedas directly, that there is no one soma (just as who can say there is an 'ultimate' one true entheogen), they actually mention different kinds of soma...and there they are but one kind of ceremony if you like, not an ultimate path to realisation..i think plants, like yoga and other techniques, are tools that point to something, initially bringing momentary samadhis...
that 'something' is there always with or without the tools...many have attained momentary samadhi by watching a sunset as much as taking an entheogen..it's the bringing it into everyday life which is the work, the daily work the sages and the learned talk of..in the heart, as joedirt and Rising Spirit have brought us back to..

non-dual understanding is much older than Vedanta (which is the writing of older oral traditions, leading far back)...and again there is no single way to get 'there'..the learned say once 'there', the realisation of presence is in all states of waking or dreaming consciousness..because It (Brahman) can't be directly perceived as it is the perception itself, it can't be known as it is the knower, and it is neither night nor day, as the Upanishads say - 'The absolute void and it's opposite I am'..

it's 'clear'

ΰ₯

baravara
#187 Posted : 4/5/2018 9:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Finally it happens. Thought is extinguished like a snuffed candle. The intellect withdraws into its real ground, that is, consciousness working unhindered by thoughts. I perceive, what I have suspected for some time and what the Maharishee has confidently affirmed, that the mind takes its rise in a transcendental source. The brain has passed into a state of complete suspension, as it does in deep sleep, yet there is not the slightest loss of consciousness. I remain perfectly calm and fully aware of who I am and what is occurring. Yet my sense of awareness has been drawn out of the narrow confines of the separate personality; it has turned into something sublimely all-embracing. Self still exists, but it is a changed, radiant self. For something that is far superior to the unimportant personality which was I, some deeper, diviner being rises into consciousness and becomes me. With it arrives an amazing new sense of absolute freedom, for thought is like a loom-shuttle which is always going to and fro, and to be freed from its tyrannical motion is to step out of prison into the open air."

- Paul Brunton

baravara
#188 Posted : 4/5/2018 9:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

4th International Conference on Enlightenment

baravara
#189 Posted : 4/5/2018 9:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pierre has been a student of Eastern thought for many years and has been called a Jnana yogi by Alan Watts.

«PREV8910