We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Making Normal Reality Suck Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 7/22/2017 6:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate to say this and sound ignorant and cliche, but I have drastically slowed down my DMT consumption lately because I started to notice that when I do it, that world, that existing, that place of light and love and pure creativity and freedom, sometimes makes this 3-dimensional default serotonin based reality seem so dull, monotonous, routine, simple, uninteresting, in comparison. I definitely mean in comparison because my life is none of those things without mind-altering substances, it actually has a lot of beauty going on, but still pales in comparison to that place, making coming back here almost depressing, in comparison.

Anyone else ever feel that way? and what can I do to get passed that?

Thanks,
Love and Light
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 7/22/2017 1:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After taking lsd, I was almost shockingly excited to live life moment-to-moment. It opened up connections in my mind that made this everyday state seem extremely fascinating. For one, the state of receiving and interacting with ideas in the mind. Where do ideas come from? You can't really control them, and yet you can surf the idea net...

But lsd seemed to leave a good imprint on my mind, whereas dmt just seems to drop off back to normality much of the time Razz

I have had feelings like you, but honestly this reality is very complex as well if you will open up your senses more fully. That's what I'd suggest.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/22/2017 3:46:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Connect.
Relate.
Manifest.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

#4 Posted : 7/22/2017 4:19:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Great points from downwardsfromzero and kerelsk.

Good to stay busy. Yeah, getting yourself out more, doing things that you might enjoy, helps/ends up putting you in situations with people you might have otherwise never met, then it goes from there. Typically you're glad you had went out and did whatever it is you did. I know there's so many times that I've been like "Absolutely not, don't feel like it, tired, people, etc", the list goes on as far as reasons go. Razz

I go out and do things, typically alone, or with the significant other. She has two awesome children [1 year old & 2 year old], so that makes most situations interesting and always keeps you on your toes. The short time that I've been around babies and their transitions into the realm of 'being a 1+ year old child', watching them and interacting teaches you more about human beings and the daily people you encounter than anything else I've found.

Hiking a state park, or hiking anywhere out in the forests [if you have those near by] has always been something that's helped me quite a bit. Like spending hours away from trails out in the woods, it seems to reset things for me. Then again it fits me and its something that's always worked very well and has carried over into my life.

With that said, I know what you mean DisEmboDied. I went through a couple small periods like that, though my past addictions didn't help things in the slightest hah. Kerelsk is right though - 'the eyes to see it', so true, life is beautiful, its a thrill, its depressing at times, gruesome, etc; it's all these things, but things/the world as it sits [nature] - it's impossibly rich and complex, though it takes a substantial amount of effort on the part of the individual to get out and be immersed in order to experience it firsthand and feel it imo.

mad_banshee
#5 Posted : 7/22/2017 6:51:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, DMT is like a mind reset switch. It makes me appreciate being alive even more! DMT makes me realize how much in daily life I overlook the amazing things always around me. Like others said, maybe if you get out into nature more you will feel the connection! Good luck and stay amazed at life!
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

fathomlessness
#6 Posted : 7/24/2017 10:51:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand what you are saying. You aren't saying that reality sucks, as it actually has a lot of beauty going on, but just that your ordinary beautiful life isn't as beautiful as the ecstatic states you can get in to through DMT. I feel though that you have to take it with a grain of salt. Imagine if you lived in a third world country and spent your whole life in ordinary conscious states? It is a privilege, not a right... and so by knowing this you can think of two places, one being home base, and one being happy place... but home-base is always primary, kind of like how you venture from home to beautiful places in the day and come back home and say "why can't my home be more beautiful like those places?". Also, if you ever get hyper-slapped or just sub-breakthrough negativity/craziness, then you will soon realise just how comforting home base/consensus reality/sane mind can be. There is no uncertainty (unless you look for it) in understanding the world, it is just a given, something you already know and don't need to think about. But the price you pay for the comfort and familiarity is wonder/excitement/beauty/awe etc.

As the proverb goes, familiarity breeds contempt.

I would suggest getting on the middle of the day, extended low-dose/microdose bandwagon for a bit to see if you can brighten things up rather than put too much emphasis on the higher-dose glorious "precious" experiences of DMT.

spacexplorer
#7 Posted : 7/26/2017 12:49:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think it's possible to make your normal state closer to the dmt state so you don't feel so down when you come back?

some one
#8 Posted : 7/26/2017 3:40:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT world is great, but a wee bit too hectic. Never ending continues chance.. I prefer the pace here. If you could stay one entire year in hyperspace (very -hyper- indeed) you'd get quite homesick to say the least I think. Reason DMT is nice is because it lasts short. Don't get me wrong - I super like it, but it made me appreciate this world too. Kinda like a good acid trip, they are great, but if its still full on after 20 hrs (because its DOC or something) and you start wondering that you are stuck in the trip forever, the joy has a tendency to rapidly end. Default network status quo is our home. We like other states of reality because (and as long as) they are temporary in nature.

But then again.. Go watch some 3D fractal animations on youtube and imagine you are stuck in that ever changing reality for 1 billion years.. Very boring, and lonely. If that's god, i dont blame it for fragmenting itself into billions of diffeent pieces (us) spread accors various holographic simulations (this world and hyperspace etc). An other discussion all together, but if true god acted in the same impulse you are feeling: leaving the current reality for another. Which goes to show its in our nature to be escapists. If so you can't blame your desire to do so nor sociaties drive to create VR and in <100 years be totally hooked, leaving this world behind.

Big grin
some = one | here = some | there = one

Naut
#9 Posted : 8/8/2017 12:45:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kerelsk wrote:
I have had feelings like you, but honestly this reality is very complex as well if you will open up your senses more fully. That's what I'd suggest.

I've noticed there have been moments in my life where the overall experience becomes stale (nihilistic even) in the face of some of the most enchanting phenomena. The appreciation just seems to become jaded to a pulp. The solution to this? Perhaps go out and push your comfort zone with something as simple as cliff-jumping... anything that gets the emotions tilled. Maybe a mushroom or cid trip can reactive your appreciation. Sensitize.
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

mikeAtHome
#10 Posted : 8/8/2017 1:57:45 AM

The only God I can imagine is a God that I can't possibly imagine

DisEmboDied wrote:

Anyone else ever feel that way? and what can I do to get passed that?

Thanks,
Love and Light

I dunno, it's odd. I probably was dropping acid 3 times a week over a 3 year period but never felt compelled. I know it's not the same thing but it is sort of. At the time, I thought it was an insightful tool. In retrospect, while I still believe people who trip are more... integrated, I do realize that there was also a motivation not so healthy: escape. But you're seeing that and have that insight so that's a plus. At least you're aware of the cost. I'm 60 and just figuring it out.

But I'm here now for what I hope are valid reasons. I just sort of lost interest in tripping at some point in my 30's. When I saw that coming, I promised that I'd trip at least once a year and got a sheet of 100 blotter. I kept that promise for a while - over a decade anyway. Now the blotter's old and oxidized but I don't really want a 12 hour trip anyway. Just some therapy.

I guess it all comes down to that Milton Friedman, "there's no such thing as a free lunch" thing. But even though you wind up paying for the lunch, at least you do get fed.
mAH wants to know: Are We Having Fun Yet?