We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solubility of DMT fumarate in H2O Options

prey
#1 Posted : 12/27/2008 1:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My cousin's foaf asked me to post this question.

I think he was wondering if you could recrystallize DMT fumarate by dissolving into hot water and leaving to evaporate. However, if the solubility is very low, the amount of water to be dissolved would be too large and it would therefore probably not be worth it.

Thanks for reading, look forward to your responses.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

mikeAtHome
#2 Posted : 8/7/2017 6:01:12 PM

The only God I can imagine is a God that I can't possibly imagine

Sorry to say I have no personal experience but from the estimated numbers I'm seen, dissolving in boiling IPA expecting solubility of 1g/200ml. I know that's less soluble than you get with water but it does evaporate quickly and if you're getting your IPA from a drug store, 25% is water anyway.

Also, it might not be a bad idea to give it a quick cold & dry acetone rinse. Acetone evaporates even quicker and it doesn't take that much for a rinse. If you do, make sure it is both cold and dry (reagent grade or store bought and added to jar containing Epsom salts that have been dried in the oven for a couple hours at 300F and pulverized).

I'm sure some one will jump in here to confirm or correct so you might wanna wait a bit before following my advice.

BTW - the solubility of DMT Fumarate for H2O is VS meaning 1g/ml. But I could swear I've heard others say that it was not that soluble at all (fumaric acid certainly isn't). I just posted a question in a different thread requesting confirmation on that so we're both in the same boat.
mAH wants to know: Are We Having Fun Yet?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/7/2017 9:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This may be of use:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...on_of_Final_Purification

Anyways I find the best way to recrystallize fumarates is to reconvert to freebase by making paste with sodium carb and water, letting dry, pulling with acetone/IPA and adding FASA/FASI very very slowly (dropwise over an hour or so). But you need acetone or IPA, which is not the exact question here..