We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chris Timmermann - Dynamic Transitions Of Consciousness: An EEG Study Using DMT Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 7/31/2017 1:02:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another talk on DMT from Breaking Convention. Chris Timmermann is part of the Imperial College psychedelic research team, and it was this research I was involved in, so my brain forms a small part of this data. More to come.

Chris Timmermann - Dynamic Transitions Of Consciousness: An EEG Study Using DMT

Quote:
Studies using LSD, psilocybin and Ayahuasca have shown that the effects of psychedelics on blood perfusion, functional connectivity, spectral and BOLD activity are reliably captured in a safe manner in brain imaging environments. However, the slow onset and long duration these drugs have, render the study of transitions between the normal waking to the psychedelic state a difficult challenge. In this study a potent and short-acting psychedelic drug, N, N, Dimethyltriptamine (DMT) was used to capture these dynamic transitions, while EEG was recorded and subjective responses were collected during the onset, offset and peak effects of the drug by administering three different doses of DMT fumarate (7mg, 14mg and 20mg) and placebo intravenously (IV) to healthy participants. The results from the neural and subjective effects will be discussed as well as assessing the safety of IV administration of DMT in imaging environments.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

JustATourist
#2 Posted : 7/31/2017 5:40:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome!
How was getting IV DMT?
Was the high dose similar to what you have already tried on your own via smoking?

Crazy ideas for future research: using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) to stimulate or inhibit certain areas of the brain during a DMT experience. Or directly using electric cortical stimulation with subdural electrodes on a patient's brain during a DMT experience Shocked Twisted Evil

There might be ethical concerns though Razz

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 8/2/2017 2:44:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The IV DMT experience was great, a very smooth transition to the DMT space, and the experience was beautiful, one of my more serene and cherished experiences actually. I'm pretty sure I didn't get a high dose, and I've certainly been deeper on numerous other occasions. But a little goes a long way with this ROA, and I found the transition less jarring than vapourising at that dosage. A short experience too, I was back at baseline in 7 minutes after dosing.

There are lots of interesting directions this research could be taken. The next phase of this research will use fMRI alongside the EEG, the fMRI itself uses a very powerful electro-magnet to peer into the brain, and I'm curious whether this and the sound of the scanner could influence one's DMT there. I've heard of some potential research in the pipeline where participants may be administered psilocybin while under anaesthesia.