We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Free lab test for your (garden or local) plants !!! Interested?? Options

Sasquach2112
#41 Posted : 6/21/2017 6:16:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive got a huge cactus collection id love to have tested
Sasquach2112 attached the following image(s):
20160813_134513.jpg (4,754kb) downloaded 478 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#42 Posted : 6/21/2017 7:58:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Check the cactus analysis thread for hints on workup. You'll need to send vaguely crystalline solid material, I believe.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

endlessness
#43 Posted : 6/21/2017 8:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, please check Urtica's examples, Good pictures and a write up of the process, as well as info on cutting, growth, yield vs start material etc, will all improve the quality of the information. You dont have to do TLC but the cact/extraction info is essential.

The extraction final product doesn't necessarily have to be crystalline but it def has to be an extraction and info on final yield, we won't be testing the cact material itself.

Once you get samples and info ready, shoot me a pm Smile

Perth Guy
#44 Posted : 6/23/2017 6:55:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Endlessness, I'd be curious to get a test done and I am planning on another broad leaf acuminate extraction in which I can weigh the materials! I also plan on doing an extraction in summer as I heard that the content is MUCH higher then

Sasquach2112
#45 Posted : 6/27/2017 12:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok this extraction was done about 5 years ago and the end results were kept vaccum sealed in a freezer until recently. My cactus were bought from. The basement shaman a very long time ago. I got one san pedro and one peruvian torch from those two i cloned my entired garden.
I started with 255gm of S.P. and 255gm of peruvian torch the extraction was done identical on both plant materials and kept seperate
I boil the dried cactus material in h20 with a little vinegar repeated this step 4 times then reduced to a manageable amount. Based with sodium hydroxide and extracted with xylene.. i used Hcl to salt out the mescaline from the N.P. solvent. The final yeild was 3.5gm of san pedro and 5gm from the peruvian torch both were brownish/orangish looking but crystalline not goo. Then life happened and they went into long term storage until recently when i washed and recrystallized both extracts now they both look off white to cream colored. With very littl loss in weight im at work right now but will post a pic once i get home

Loverofallthings
#46 Posted : 6/27/2017 4:55:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! What a great opportunity you are opening up! Thanks!

endlessness
#47 Posted : 6/27/2017 6:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To anybody interested: Get samples ready, do a write up as people have been doing with the full info of the sample, and send me a PM Smile

DrSeltsam
#48 Posted : 7/16/2017 9:12:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I kindly request three LC-MS tests to test my variation of Ron69's mescaline extraction tek and my clean up for Peruvian torch.

Extraction
Difference to Ron69:
I salt with 50 mL of very diluted HCl*dH2O (~ pH 3-4) a couple of times until the pH does not change any more. I used to put the 50 mL in a ceramic pot on my induction stove and got rid of the water quickly (no problem with good temperature control).
This resulted in 2250 mg of crude product (from multiple extractions. Yield was between 0.42% and 1.4%)

Cleanup
(all solvents were dried over MgSO_4)

Step one:

Washed the salts:
2x 20 ml Acetone
1x with cold IPA
2x with 10 ml Acetone

Result: 1914 mg (85%) slightly yellow product with some smell.
The IPA/Acetone was evaporated without heat and collected as a brown, slightly sticky, and smelly salt.
This is sample #1
The remaining 1914 mg were taken and boiled in 25 ml Acetone:IPA 4:1. After boiling for 5-6 minutes, the mixture was cooled down and put in a freezer over night.
This resulted in 1614 mg slightly off white crystals (87%, 74% total). This is sample #3.
The solvents were evaporated without heat and the residue collected. This is sample #2.

What do I want to learn from the LC-MS:
1.) What other alkaloids are present besides mescaline?
2.) Is the boiling with Acetone/IPA really necessary? Or does it just remove the smell and makes it prettier?
3.) Could one develop this into a kind of advanced ron69 tek for people who are comfortable in working with HCl and getting high purity? In this case I would document the steps proper to show how I avoided losses etc.

Thanks a lot!

Hikuri
#49 Posted : 7/29/2017 2:42:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whoah this thread is the tits.
I'm going to run a crude extraction on the highly contested acacia constricta
And do preliminary erlich testing for each portion of the plant separately. I hope to send this in to put to rest some of the bs analysis on the plant that was done by A&M years ago.

DansMaTete
#50 Posted : 8/27/2017 5:51:41 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Hola al nuevo papa Smile

I hope you'll find time between two diapers and a nap to visit this thread.

I've an extract of one of my bridge (kash tek, crude HCl) i'd like to be tested. Is your offer still available ? If yes, tell me more.

Wish you good nights of sleep Razz

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

endlessness
#51 Posted : 8/27/2017 6:56:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friends!

Yes this offer is definitely still valid. The analysis technicians are in vacations till mid september but when they are back we will get back to testing samples from the Nexus, so no worries, prepare them and when it's back on, I will let you all know Smile

DansMaTete
#52 Posted : 8/28/2017 12:53:14 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

What !?! Technicians are allowed to be in vacations ? This is not good, you'll see, one day they will ask to sleep in a bed or, even worst, to be paid for their work.

I'll leave my place for a surf trip for 2 month before mid septembre so i guess it will be delayed.

Thanks
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Autocultivo
#53 Posted : 8/31/2017 1:42:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Endlessness, just wondering if it is fine to send in multiple samples? I have 3 separate instances of A.Flori from NZ. (one not from my locale, it was at the time)

Phylode & branch bark, harvested 2014, winter drought 2+ months, a tree with great color & mutated leaves.
Branch bark, harvested 2016, spring-summer drought (sept-jan) --- Phylodes & twigs from the same stand, harvested 2017, late August (full flower) heavy & frequent, persistent downpours, wet winter.
Phylode and twig, harvested 2017, late August, same area as the stand wet weather. Full flower, very good color and mutated leaves (feathered)

So 5 separate samples, if that is fine. I can get photos of the local trees. 2016/2017 is a stand (I believe to be wild sewn) and the feathered one is cultivated alone, seemingly unique... But similar to the 2014 sample (The 2014 tree I can not photograph, unfortunately) I can accumulate the required information upon green light. Cheers

Edit: the stand has short, thin, papery leaves & the feathered acacia has much broader and slightly longer leaves, looks similar to maidenii but flowers now, no basal etc, etc

twigs from the stand
the branch 2016 (it's a secondary branch, not trunk branch FEI)
the cultivated tree

Autocultivo attached the following image(s):
thin.JPG (4,603kb) downloaded 305 time(s).
thin1.JPG (4,354kb) downloaded 306 time(s).
bark.JPG (4,670kb) downloaded 304 time(s).
bark1.JPG (5,802kb) downloaded 304 time(s).
feathered.JPG (4,969kb) downloaded 303 time(s).
feathered1.JPG (4,575kb) downloaded 301 time(s).
5.jpg (650kb) downloaded 297 time(s).
1.jpg (1,169kb) downloaded 295 time(s).

Wakinyan
#54 Posted : 11/13/2017 11:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awe inspiring opportunity you are offering. You can always see the phenotype of a specimen, but you can't always detect with great accuracy those things that can be affected by the mind itself. With this information it might be possible to selectively breed for much more powerful medicines than what nature has provided us as it allows for a greater degree of accuracy in selective breeding.
Thank you for your efforts. It is making me think long and hard about trying to learn this extraction process so I can extract a few hundred of my seedlings for this endeavor. Mind you, most of my seedlings are hybrid cacti so some may not have anything of interest even though they have more than one parent of interest. My idea of what an extraction is though has been learned by watching roadmen/yuwipi men etc. prepare tea over the years. I'm not sure I'd be up to the task of preparing an extract that would be satisfactory.
I'll continue to read, but in the mean time understand that I applaud your work as this is something that has the potential to help a great many people down the road.
Wakinyan attached the following image(s):
variegatedspecial.jpg (1,853kb) downloaded 255 time(s).
When I graft you graft we graft

endlessness
#55 Posted : 11/14/2017 10:42:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Autocultivo, yes totally fine for multiple samples, get the samples ready and PM me Smile

Wakinyan, looks interesting Smile If you do get around to making some extracts, we can def work on testing that!

urtica
#56 Posted : 11/14/2017 6:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Wakinyan- Just so you know, my understanding is that Trichocereus do not start showing their alkaloid profiles until they get older, i.e seedlings may not test well that will be potent when they are old, so you might want to wait on those seedlings!
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Wakinyan
#57 Posted : 11/24/2017 3:49:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting point Urtica.
How old does a seedling need to be or how big before it is tested? Is their enough testing done on say 6 inch seedlings that were then tested later when they were 6 ft tall to understand how much percentages of alkaloids change as they grow older? I think it might be a very interesting study if seedlings were tested at 6 inches and then again at 6 ft to see how the profiles changed. If such a study exists already I would love to see it or be pointed in the right direction.

I would be more than willing to sample several hundred hybrid and pure species specimens from well respected parents at the 6 inch height and again later at the 4-6ft height if this study has not been done. I will need some time or help to collect and prepare those specimens however if anyone thinks that might be an interesting side study. How the alkaloid profile changes as seedlings age....
When I graft you graft we graft

urtica
#58 Posted : 11/24/2017 6:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Wakinyam-

I don't have the answers to those questions, mostly I have heard through the grape vine that the seedlings do not have much in terms of alkaloid content. I think An1cca tried to analyze some seedlings and found very little in there? Maybe look around in his PDF in this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=76926

It would be amazing if you did the 6" to 6' alkaloid comparison study! I am crazy busy in this stage of my life so I am taking a break from research but I bet someone would help! If nothing else when your seedlings are 6' tall I will help you? That gives me some years to figure things out.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

downwardsfromzero
#59 Posted : 11/24/2017 7:01:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wakinyan - that's a great idea for a study. I would be inspired to join in also. Got some seeds that need planting, and as a twist I also have cuttings at 6" that could be compared as these cuttings are from plants at least 20 years old.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ouro
#60 Posted : 12/21/2017 6:43:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just noticed this discussion...

There were lab tests done on very young (<6inch) seedlings of ss01xss02 and reverse plants that showed over 1 percent mesc content. That's my memory of the details from an old thread at the nook. My details might be a little off, but the takeaway was that seedlings seem to have full potency.

Still, it would be nice to get another test done, but I would update the seedlings have no mesc hypothesis.

PREV12345NEXT»