We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Getting nervous as I come up. Any tips? Options

symbolic
#1 Posted : 7/27/2017 11:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! So my problem is, after taking my first toke, I try to sit still or lie on my bed and relax but as I start to come up I get really nervous. Not frightened, but nervous. I get up and start pacing back and forth, talking to myself, trying to put on some music on my computer or try to laugh the whole thing off. Any tips on how to shut the f*** up, sit still and take it like a man? Razz

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 7/27/2017 11:41:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Take a much bigger first toke. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 7/27/2017 11:56:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How do you vape?

After the first toke I can barely move anymore...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

TeaDaze
#4 Posted : 7/27/2017 3:38:22 PM

truth is a pathless land

Often on the come up things can feel a lot more uncomfortable if my eyes are open or if I need to do anything at all. Eyes closed is usually different. The sooner I can focus on what is happening under my eyelids the better I feel. Like Northerner said, maybe getting more of your dose on the first hit (or all of it) would allow you to focus on the experience sooner?

AcidShard
#5 Posted : 7/27/2017 4:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Northerner et al.
I can't even figure out why I'm counting, or what numbers are, or how to make the lighter and the pipe line up, after taking my first hit. If you are able to pace around the room, it is probably too small of a hit.

You need to get it all in you fairly quickly to make it to the other side, maybe a minute or so.
Get your dose in quickly, in one or two hits, and you won't have time to worry before you're gone.
Exhale all the air in your lungs, and then take a long, slow toke. Hold it in for 15-20 seconds.
Getting your heart rate down and focusing on your breathing beforehand helps.
Enjoy the ride!

β—‹
#6 Posted : 7/28/2017 11:48:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

AcidShard wrote:
I agree with Northerner et al.
I can't even figure out why I'm counting, or what numbers are, or how to make the lighter and the pipe line up, after taking my first hit. If you are able to pace around the room, it is probably too small of a hit.

You need to get it all in you fairly quickly to make it to the other side, maybe a minute or so.
Get your dose in quickly, in one or two hits, and you won't have time to worry before you're gone.
Exhale all the air in your lungs, and then take a long, slow toke. Hold it in for 15-20 seconds.
Getting your heart rate down and focusing on your breathing beforehand helps.
Enjoy the ride!

symbolic
#7 Posted : 8/2/2017 11:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you guys for your replies. I think I took a pretty big toke, at least some of the times I smoked the spice. One time in particular, OEVs were blocking my view but for some weird reason I could still navigate in my room and not hit the walls or something. I liked that trip but I just couldn't close my eyes and stop moving, let alone relax. If I can't do that I won't be able to go to the next level (take a second or third toke and break through). Do you guys still think it's a problem of a small first toke or maybe something else?

Sunnyside
#8 Posted : 8/2/2017 1:52:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The short answer is yes. You could be taking a hit that is inadequate.

But as someone else already asked: what is your method of ingestion? And what measure do you use?

Those answers might help fill in the picture.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

tseuq
#9 Posted : 8/2/2017 4:56:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

symbolic wrote:
... but I just couldn't close my eyes and stop moving, let alone relax.

What hindered you?

It is ok to feel nervous and to experience the need to move and distract myself from what I actually experience.

The first step is "radical acceptance of what is", of it all, of what I experience "in and out of myself", now and for ever now. Allowing myself to experience what is, let me fully enter the now, with my full potential and from there I can go for another super crazy alien dosage hit or anything else I want to, tea for example.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

symbolic
#10 Posted : 8/3/2017 10:28:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a regular oil burner pipe and a common lighter and I am very careful not to burn the spice.

Sometimes I put just a little in the pipe, smoke it, then some more, smoke again (I'm talking about very small amounts) and the third time I put in the pipe exactly as much as I wanted to smoke in the first place (so it's like I'm tripping 3 times one after the other, not like I'm taking 3 tokes). I want to get used to it first, every next time I try it.

I recently got a scale to measure doses but I haven't used it yet.

I also remember that sometimes when I was ready to go for it and take in as much as I could, as I started inhaling, I realised that the smoke was too thick (and full of dmt), and I stopped with half-filled lungs.

tseuq wrote:

What hindered you?

I don't know. I think it's more like a kind of anxiety than a fear. Like when you approach a girl you like and you're anxious, talking inside your head. That kind of thing. Maybe it is fear after all, I'm not sure.(?)

Korey
#11 Posted : 8/4/2017 5:19:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The anxiety you describe is there for me every time I smoke DMT. I think its quite normal to be anxious while smoking or coming up on DMT. I always aim to breakthrough and either listen to music or nature and reliably the anxiety completely dissipates once I'm there.

β€œThe most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

AcidShard
#12 Posted : 8/4/2017 8:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it would be very strange to NOT feel nervous.
It is a very intense experience, and your body is letting you know that.
You said you have a scale, you should use it.
Start with a small dose (10mg or so), and get used to that, then try a bit moar when you're ready.

Sometimes taking a small hit, then taking the rest of the dose helps.
It is a lot less abrupt and jarring that way sometimes.

If you are not contraindicated for MAOI's, you could try some changa, that way you can build up to it a little more slowly.
The nervousness usually fades away pretty quickly once you have enough in you.

Try to relax and just surrender to the experience.
Easier said than done, but very important nonetheless.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

syberdelic
#13 Posted : 8/4/2017 9:14:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not know it for a fact, but I believe it is quite possible that DMT is a 5-HT3 agonist even if a very weak agonist in some individuals. This receptor is most concentrated in the gut where it is responsible for nausea and vomiting, but is also present in the central nervous system where it is a source of anxiety.

No matter how hard I try, I have never been able to get "all the way" with less than three hits. I understand that going in quick is statistically the preferred method. For me, this method makes the anxiety worse. I have learned that if I sip on it (E-cig makes this easy), I can approach the gates slower and what was previously anxiety becomes more of a blissful state. It takes a little more this way, but I find it a reasonable sacrifice because the experience lasts longer. And it's a minority of times that I use DMT that I want to push all the way. I am usually content to wade in a bit and splash around.

I would suggest that if you have a hard time just launching straight to hyperspace due to anxiety, give the DMT a chance to desensitize whatever receptor it might be acting on to cause the anxiety. When you start to feel the blissful state rather than anxiety, then go for broke. I have used this method a few times and it's absolutely amazing. The experience has a much more playful feel to it.

Zilsk
#14 Posted : 8/5/2017 9:50:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
I would suggest that if you have a hard time just launching straight to hyperspace due to anxiety, give the DMT a chance to desensitize whatever receptor it might be acting on to cause the anxiety. When you start to feel the blissful state rather than anxiety, then go for broke. I have used this method a few times and it's absolutely amazing. The experience has a much more playful feel to it.

This is good advice, I think I'll try this next time I'm ready to blast off. I remember vaping changa with a friend and had a couple of little trips, at first I was really nervous and anxious but after I came down and entered the blissful state I was much more calm and exited about having more. What would be a good amount of time to wait after a small trip before blasting off again?

syberdelic
#15 Posted : 8/5/2017 6:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There really is no need to wait. Put it in you as you're ready.

symbolic
#16 Posted : 8/7/2017 11:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:

Very helpful advice indeed! I am going to use this method next time and hope for the best! Thank you!

fractalgazer
#17 Posted : 8/14/2017 9:32:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
symbolic wrote:
... but I just couldn't close my eyes and stop moving, let alone relax.

What hindered you?

It is ok to feel nervous and to experience the need to move and distract myself from what I actually experience.

The first step is "radical acceptance of what is", of it all, of what I experience "in and out of myself", now and for ever now. Allowing myself to experience what is, let me fully enter the now, with my full potential and from there I can go for another super crazy alien dosage hit or anything else I want to, tea for example.

tseuq

doing this seems to help me. worded well thankyou.

anxiousbutterfly
#18 Posted : 8/20/2017 10:33:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not many people may agree with this.. But have a couple of drinks, not too many just one or two to get you to that happy, not caring place.
Also if you have a negative experience you can just tell the entities to F off with confidence.
I had a couple drinks yesterday, brokethrough and when I came back looked in the mirror. I had a blue aura around my head, and a third eye appeared inbetween my eyebrows.
It felt great and to me it showed I was enlightened.
You dont have to be a meditating, tree hugging hippy to enjoy DMT.
Just be a good and caring person and it will bless you.

Erik
#19 Posted : 8/20/2017 1:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

symbolic wrote:
Hello! So my problem is, after taking my first toke, I try to sit still or lie on my bed and relax but as I start to come up I get really nervous. Not frightened, but nervous. I get up and start pacing back and forth, talking to myself, trying to put on some music on my computer or try to laugh the whole thing off. Any tips on how to shut the f*** up, sit still and take it like a man? Razz

1. Relaxation

I have a glass of wine before, as I associate relaxation with it.
Also, releasing sexual tension might help. It is a distraction, as well as a form of relaxation.

2. Inhaling

Just imagine how it would feel to sit comfortably at the bottom of a pool, surrounded by water. In your own time, as your lungs crave for air you surface and very slowly, deliberately inhale fresh air. Not gasping for air.

3. Trust

Give yourself over to the experience. Pre-flight jitters will IMHO never go away completely , no reason to strive for that.

Now imagine you prepare yourself for such a relaxed dive. You would sit next to the pool, your breath slowing down, the stream of air becoming thin, but not shallow! As if you where comfortably inhaling deeply and peacefully the air through a wide straw. Not the regular kind of breathing, but a very slow one.

If correctly relaxed, I can inhale as described above for way more than 30 seconds, probably up to one minute.

Gowpen
#20 Posted : 8/21/2017 1:13:33 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

symbolic wrote:
I could still navigate in my room

Could the anxiety be from fear of someone walking in on you, in 'your' room.
you may not be relaxed sufficiently.

the setting is as important as anything. Be safe and Good luck.
G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

12NEXT