We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Azures Options

Shanghigher
#1 Posted : 7/22/2017 1:17:06 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

Hi all,

Came into possession of some azure mushies. Not encountered them before, so gave them a google. Was a little surprised to discover both the strength and apparent reports of paralysis.

So, couple of questions:

1. Had planned on 3.5g, now opting for 2g. Sensible?
2. How likely is the paralysis, and can it be countered?

Second point shouldn't be too troublesome - was planning to go for the bed/headphones/eyeshades combo. I might even load up the VR Very happy

All points on azures welcome.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 7/22/2017 1:36:32 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I recall reading in various places the paralytic effects can be avoided by boiling/making a tea instead of eating the mushrooms outright.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Shanghigher
#3 Posted : 7/22/2017 1:42:07 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

Cheers! Not made mushroom tea before, but assume chop 'em up, stick them in boiling water, and boil for 5-10 minutes?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/22/2017 9:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never experienced any paralytic effects with p.azurescens. And i have never heard of anyone experiencing them either. If anyone has ever experienced such a thing with these little shrooms, it must have been entirely psychological, i think.

I don't know if you mean 2 grams fresh or dried ones. 2 grams of fresh azurescens is quite nice, and, though visually impressive, quite managable. 2 grams of dried azures would realy be incredibly powerfull.

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 7/23/2017 3:00:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you never had them, start with 0.5-1.0 gram dried (i.e. 5-10 grams fresh).

I never had azurescens but had extremely strong bohemicas where 0.4 gram dried was already pretty strong (equivalent to about 2.0 grams of Golden Teacher). So careful with the strong strains...

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 7/23/2017 4:43:02 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

dragonrider wrote:
I have never experienced any paralytic effects with p.azurescens. And i have never heard of anyone experiencing them either. If anyone has ever experienced such a thing with these little shrooms, it must have been entirely psychological, i think.

I don't know if you mean 2 grams fresh or dried ones. 2 grams of fresh azurescens is quite nice, and, though visually impressive, quite managable. 2 grams of dried azures would realy be incredibly powerfull.

The paralysis is very well known and very real.

P. azurescens paralysis is NO JOKE!

Explanation/Analysis of Paralytic P. azurescens Trips

Stamets has addressed it and a quick google search will bring up many many websites attesting that this is quite a common occurrence.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca