We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Black currant juice, MAO, Gummihuasca Options

grollum
#1 Posted : 6/29/2017 7:04:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

I stumbled about this thread on shroomery.org https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4949877

which is about the dangers and possible use of black currant juice as a MAO inhibitor in combination with psychedelic mushrooms.

Since most threads on this topic deal with the combination of blackcurrant and mushrooms, i asked myself if there are experiences regarding the use of it with dmt containing plants.

does someone here knows of someone who had experience in this direction?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 6/29/2017 8:06:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried it and followed the directions related in that shroomery post. It didn't work for me. One gram of Cubes felt like one gram of Cubes. I made sure I got some recommended juice, drank supposedly plenty enough to inhibit and waited the recommended amount of time.

If you are trying to maximize shroom effect you might want to try mixing with Syrian Rue Tea, being very very careful how you dose the combo.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

grollum
#3 Posted : 7/2/2017 5:36:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

thanks for your estimation. I am wondering if maybe for the positive reports in the thread the fasting maybe was the pushing factor they were not used to. Or maybe you had a juice which was different despite the same product name and packaging.

Since it is not really complicated SWIM might test it in the future...

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 7/2/2017 9:49:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would express serious doubts as to the effectiveness as an MAOI-B. The pure chemical quercetin seems to be about 100x less effective than harmine which would put the dosage at around 10-20g for most people to have significant inhibition. Even assuming a high content of 200mg/kg, This would require the quercetin content of at least 50kg of black currants.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 7/3/2017 11:51:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I think the whole idea is based upon the small levels of a couple of betacarboline compounds found in blackcurrant juice. Hydroxymethylflazin and something similar. Shulgin mentioned them in the back of TIHKaL. Whether these compounds are effective MAOIs at the levels found in blackcurrant juice seems to lean somewhat towards the negative.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

acacaya
#6 Posted : 7/9/2017 3:32:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats interesting about the blackcurrants.
i have found after eating alot ov fresh
subbies from balingup in wa that they really didnt do much
after the first day or two.
as with most shrooms if you try to push them for to long.
but i desided that i wouldnt get any more out of the big shopping bag we had left,
of fresh subbies so i gave them to a friend.
and i told him about my dilemna.
and he said no worries bro,
that he learnt this trick in bali,!
mango smoothiesThumbs up .
so i tried it with half the normal does that i had been having the previous
two days,
and to my shere astonishment!Thumbs up Shocked
i sipped it slowly just to tast wat wet mushrooms
and mango puree tasted like,
funny it tasted just like,
mushroomy mango pureeShocked Thumbs up
anyway it tasted realy good,
so id drank half probably 4 grams with mango.
over about 7 or 8 minutes,
then smoked a siggy and went for a piss,
so 10 minutes all up,
and as soon as i turned the light on in the toilet,
i was struck by full on dmt cyber patterns and colors,!Shocked
and when i started pissing it looked like full on lightbeems coming out
of my u know wat,
i think that was the best piss i eva hadBig grin .
WOW full blown halucinations in just ten minutes that just kept climbing
exponentialy for 2 hours till it leveled out.
it was like 8 grams of dried cubes .
i couldnt even finish the cup.
i just sared at the cup wanting more but teh nausia
stoped me.
somthin in the mango just works crazy good.
now i wont take shrooms without fress organic mangos.
and id been picking cubes since i was quite young.
anyway try that.

Forestwalker
#7 Posted : 7/11/2017 5:47:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It may be difficult to acquire but Passion flower fruits are a great Maoi , in fact some tribes in Brazil will use pressed fruits with mimosa barks as a 'sweet wine' ayahuasca type alternative . I've actually met a Brazilian relocated here who spent time with the tribe drinking this type of oral route DMt . I'm positive it would work on mushrooms since beta carbs are present in higher percentages than say the leaves of Passion flower vines, I sometimes see passion fruit for sale at my local grocery is why I bring it up along with the currant discussion . Hope this helps some

grollum
#8 Posted : 7/11/2017 3:09:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am really wondering what is going on there with the mango smoothie...
Is mango known of any MAO content?

SWIM used to drink mushroom orange juice brew years ago which was not working special in any way. SWIM did it for reduction of nausea and better taste.

The info with the passionfruit juice is interesting. The juice can be ordered online quite easy if it is not possible to get fresh fruits or juice elsewhere.
It would be really interesting to get some more infos about that tribe you mentioned @Forestwalker . Do you know any name ore region?

EDIT: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=26892
this thread has some interesting infos about passionflower fruits

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 7/12/2017 1:04:45 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There's more to metabolism than MAO (MAngO Big grin ). We're probably looking at cytochrome P450 interactions here. I doubt mango could be used to orally activate DMT. Mushrooms are orally active already...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

acacaya
#10 Posted : 7/12/2017 1:59:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mango

Forestwalker
#11 Posted : 7/13/2017 4:49:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If mango equals Maoi and Maoi equals magic then mango equals magic

grollum
#12 Posted : 7/13/2017 9:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say, in the end its quite clear for me.
Mango equals Mango.

1ce
#13 Posted : 7/13/2017 10:01:35 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

That's actually really interesting as black currants grow here in obscene amounts.

grollum
#14 Posted : 7/14/2017 2:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the content of MAOS is not so high one could also make an extract or a sirup out of it...

Forestwalker
#15 Posted : 7/22/2017 5:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grollum I can find out the lady who spent time with them lives the next city over , I'll ask her the next time I see her she runs a shamanic healing center so I run into people who visit her quite a bit. I know she preferred it to ayahuasca saying it was much much sweeter I imagine so with Passion flower fruits

grollum
#16 Posted : 7/22/2017 6:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Forestwalker wrote:
Grollum I can find out the lady who spent time with them lives the next city over , I'll ask her the next time I see her she runs a shamanic healing center so I run into people who visit her quite a bit. I know she preferred it to ayahuasca saying it was much much sweeter I imagine so with Passion flower fruits

That would be very nice. Thanks!

Jagube
#17 Posted : 7/9/2021 9:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.ingredientrade.com/blackcurrant
Quote:
Studies have also shown that concentrated Blackcurrant to be an effective Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (Bormann, et al. 1991.) Fifty grams of 5.5X concentrate was found to inhibit 92% of the Monoamine oxidase enzymes.

That would be 275 ml of plain juice.

Another paper here, but the tables are missing Wut? : The pharmacodynamic profile of ‘Blackadder’ blackcurrant juice effects upon the monoamine axis in humans: A randomised controlled trial . They used doses equivalent to ~100 g of fresh fruit.

Quote:
The current study illustrates a sustained significant reduction in peripheral platelet MAO-B activity of ~100 % by consuming ‘Blackadder’ blackcurrant when compared to control. This reduction began within 15 minutes of consumption, during the first post-dose epoch measured, and continued to be significantly reduced through to four hours post dose, that being the last measurement on the day of treatment. Platelet MAO-B activity had returned close to the pre-dose baseline level 24 hours post dose. Due to the extremely rapid inhibition of the platelet MAO-B enzyme, it is not possible to calculate a time to maximal inhibition. It would therefore be useful if future studies were conducted using several doses and shorter initial blood collection epochs. The profile of MAO-B inhibition of ‘Blackadder’ juice bears a notable similarity, to pharmaceutical reversible MAO-B specific inhibitors such as lazabemide

They focused on MAO-B, but elsewhere I've seen mentions that it also inhibits MAO-A, which would be necessary to make DMT orally active.

My shrub is having a massive flush now.