We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fresh DMT should/must be ripen 2-3 month? Options

Ram Dazz
#1 Posted : 7/19/2017 2:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends,

wrong forum I know, but I have no access to DMT Extraction subforum...
Smile

Could it be that fresh DMT must be ripen/matured for 2-3 month?
I ask because I recognize some differences between old (over 3 months) and fresh DMT.
The fresh one burns my lips and lungs like lye the old one not.

I also create self made soap (with the same lye) and with soap manufactoring everybody say "it must ripe 2-3 month because of remaining lye).

Thanks in advance
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

melotikaci
#2 Posted : 7/19/2017 2:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have dmt more than 3 months old. Can't notice any difference at all. Except freebase doesn't smell anything anymore before vaping. Fresh one had strong dmt smell. It feels absolutely same when vaping and inhaling.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#3 Posted : 7/20/2017 2:32:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

You probably still have solvent in your "fresh" DMT, and the DMT that has sat for a while has had more time for residual solvent to escape. There should be no Lye in the DMT, and if there is, no amount if time would change that.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Jees
#4 Posted : 7/20/2017 6:03:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
...I also create self made soap (with the same lye) and with soap manufactoring everybody say "it must ripe 2-3 month because of remaining lye).

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/cold-process-soap/free-beginners-guide-to-soapmaking-cold-process/ wrote:
Curing:...the total alkali of raw soap batter is about 10%, and that the total will fall to below 0.1% within an hour if the soap is held at 160 degrees. A zap test – sticking your tongue on the soap to test for a “zap” or lye reaction – or a pH test will confirm this. However, the earlier a bar is used, the softer and possibly slimier the bar will be in the shower, and the less time it will last. Additionally, the 4 to 6 week curing and drying time helps to produce the most gentle bar of soap possible. You will notice a difference in your skin when showering with a new bar of soap versus a fully cured and dried bar. It’s the final bit of pH lowering that happens in the rest of the 4-6 weeks of curing, and the main benefit of the cure time is the evaporation of excess water, which makes for a harder bar and a more true net weight for labeling purposes if you’re selling your soap. So if you’d like a harder bar, allow your soap to go through the standard 4-6 week cure.
So it seems simply a very slowly further reacting of the last remaining traces of lye with the fats/oils of the soap, like the lye gets spent more complete over time.

In our extraction recipes however, once the acid has been neutralized, our lye is not a product that gets reacted away, nor was this ever the goal like it was for soaps. I've not found a search hit on the natural decay of lye on its own, as Acy mentions.

Dude, where is that little Sherlock Holmes in you to deduct for yourself? Big grin
Anyway thanks for bringing it up, I learned a bit about soap making.

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 7/21/2017 2:13:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you using the same solvent? It's probably dirty solvent. Let it dry for a couple days and if it still burns you'll know.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 7/22/2017 1:04:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lye absorbs carbon dioxide from the air to produce carbonate and bicarbonate - which is a neutralisation reaction. If you've residual lye in your product you're likely being very sloppy.

It's also a possibility that small amounts of DMT-N-oxide are formed, which reduces the basicity of the substance in a way related to neutralisation.

Though, as several others have said, the solvent residue is the most probable culprit.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#7 Posted : 7/22/2017 2:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Lye absorbs carbon dioxide from the air to produce carbonate and bicarbonate - which is a neutralisation reaction...
I love this place Thumbs up Big grin . So it's not decaying on its own, it gets some help from an available acid in the air. Quite elemental actually.
The Reaction of Sodium Hydroxide and Carbon Dioxide
NaOH + CO2 - Sodium Hydroxide and Carbon Dioxide - Balanced Molecular and Net Ionic Equation
This might actually add in 'ripen' soap also, softening the zap-test.