We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD & Cacao Options

woogyboogy
#1 Posted : 7/10/2017 6:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, id like to give a short notice that the combination of LSD & high quality raw Cacao is quite amazing!

I had a few sips from a cup of good Cacao from a raw cacao block, about 15 minutes after ingesting 150 ug of 1A-LSD. Later on i noticed an intense warm and pleasant feeling in the chest area, not disimilar to the one from MDMA. At first I was surprised about the warm nature of this trip then I remembered the cacao. The cacao vibe actually overwhelmed the LSD for about an hour or so. I was sipping the same Cacao the days before as well while sober, but never noticed such an intense feeling.

LSD specifically seems a good tool, for those who want to experiecne the subjective character of a certain plant/herb, as LSD by it self has such a pure and clear feeling. It imo can act as a magnifying glas to what ever one chooses to observe.

Id be very interested to try out other combinations. One year ago I had some Kratom on the come up of an LSD trip. The ingested material was waay less then id normally need for felt effect. But the presence of the Kratom was felt very clearly. The matter of plant spirits is a difficult one, but certainly each herb has a unique quality that can be felt, which gets interpreted by the human brain as some sort of personality. With LSD this appears to be much more pronounced. As a side note, Kratoms character was perceived as very strong, reassuring presence. Like the guy who helps you out on a long day at work, to uplift you.

Any way,

LSD Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 7/10/2017 7:15:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woogyboogy wrote:
LSD specifically seems a good tool, for those who want to experiecne the subjective character of a certain plant/herb, as LSD by it self has such a pure and clear feeling. It imo can act as a magnifying glas to what ever one chooses to observe.

Interesting stuff. I've had some enjoyable past experiences combining cocao with mushrooms but you make a good and interesting point about the clarity of LSD and its pure magnifying capability. I remember reading about a cannabis breeder who would take some LSD when testing out new strains he was developing, as he found the LSD would magnify the experiential qualities of the strain in question in a very similar fashion to what you're describing. Interesting stuff. And yes I too know what you mean about the feelings of warmth from the cocao.

woogyboogy
#3 Posted : 7/10/2017 8:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive actually got inspired to this idea, from a guy who mixes and sells incense mixtures. There was a mixture with Jurema inside and he told while on LSD, inhaling this incense it should be possible to induce visions. From there on the idea came to mind, to use it this way to produce certain incence mixtures and understand there characteristic.
Also what you mentioned about cannabis makes totally sense.

I am actually a bit dissapointed, that there hasnt been a more in depth discussion about the uses of LSD outside of therapy, I see a lot of potential here.

Edit: had a short LSD rant here, but moved it to another more general thread Rolling eyes

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 10/7/2017 1:06:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Hey, id like to give a short notice that the combination of LSD & high quality raw Cacao is quite amazing!

Tried that once and it was horrible. Low dose LSD.

โ—‹
#5 Posted : 10/7/2017 1:19:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Bancopuma wrote:
woogyboogy wrote:

Interesting stuff. I've had some enjoyable past experiences combining cocao with mushrooms but you make a good and interesting point about the clarity of LSD and its pure magnifying capability. I remember reading about a cannabis breeder who would take some LSD when testing out new strains he was developing, as he found the LSD would magnify the experiential qualities of the strain in question in a very similar fashion to what you're describing. Interesting stuff. And yes I too know what you mean about the feelings of warmth from the cocao.

That's interesting Baco, I think one day I should try this - maybe a lower dosage to get me within that heightened/focused/magnified state, without going too too far down the lsd rabbithole [could easily take too much and have the lsd experience completely overshadow the qualities of the cannabis strain]. Sounds very interesting and totally plausible given the dosage. Cheers Thumbs up

edit: sorry to detract thing, that'll be all Very happy never have done lsd/cacao, only cacao/mescaline, and a few occasions with a small dosage during mushrooms.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 10/7/2017 2:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about LSD, but the mushrooms / cacao combination seems to be common.

A few years ago I stopped by Huautla de Jimenez on my journey through Mexico and sat in a traditional Mazatec mushroom ceremony. The mushrooms were served with cacao and my curandera Doña Julieta said they're taken together. I didn't ask her why.

Also in the last mushroom ceremony I attended, the medicine was prepared as a beverage made of powdered mushrooms and cacao.

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 10/7/2017 3:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not get why people enjoy that. In my experience, the caffeeine and theobromine is not conductive to these substances. I tried mate with ayahuasca (horrible, yet some tribes use guayusa with it), cacao with LSD (felt foul for 14 hours) and Coffee with mushrooms which wasn't bad per se i just hoped it would not be there doing the trip because it made it way less flowy and relaxed.

With mescaline, coffee synergyzed very very well though..so perhaps a low dose LSD would work too. There is something about raw cacao though, that tends to have a negative impact on me, especially in the beginning. This feeling can get...sort of "locked-in" by not too overpowering doses of psychedelia.

AwesomeUsername
#8 Posted : 10/29/2017 10:15:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to burst your bubbles everyone but cocoa, yerba mate, coffee whatever that contains caffeine can't possibly alter the experience that much.

We're talking here about maybe a cup. Cocoa specifically contains only 12mg of caffeine per tablespoon, which is barelly at thereshold level.

Caffeine intoxication begins at 250mg and that's when an intolerant user can say he/she's feeling it. At least to a degree when it's noticable that you're under an influence of a drug.

These beverages are so mild, people don't even notice its effects at all. They may drink it out of habit or in hope it will wake them up faster so that they don't show up sleepy at work only to get minimal results which are close to placebo really.

If you have access to such powerful psychedelics such as LSD, I don't even see why would you bother exploring the psychoactive (or the lack of) properties of cocoa. This stuff is considered a food ingredient, it is given to small children.

You probably just felt good because you were in a good mood, and got a good share of nutrients that day (probably). You couldn't possibly been more altered from the cocoa than you would have been if you ate a poppy seed bagel. Even if you believe you can get affected by those, the LSD would have overpowered it by a 1000 times at least.

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 10/29/2017 1:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Raw Cacao Beans do not only contain caffeeine. Also, they can be potent on their own. Please do research this stuff before making wild assumptions. People take cacao in ceremonial settings alone. It sure does alter & effect psychedelics.

Raw cacao beans are NOT given to young children, but highly diluted ccacao flavoured sweets using beans that are not potent.

Also getting distinctly different effects from mate than say coffee.

Quote:

Caffeine intoxication begins at 250mg and that's when an intolerant user can say he/she's feeling it.

That is also completly ridiciolous. An intolerant user can get high off caffeeine at much lower doses. If i were to drink 250mg with no toolerance i'd go through the roof, get very dizzy with nausea and so forth. Or maybe it would be the upper limit as topp where these sideeffects would get very prominent.

โ—‹
#10 Posted : 10/29/2017 7:04:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubbles everyone but cocoa, yerba mate, coffee whatever that contains caffeine can't possibly alter the experience that much.

We're talking here about maybe a cup. Cocoa specifically contains only 12mg of caffeine per tablespoon, which is barelly at thereshold level.

Caffeine intoxication begins at 250mg and that's when an intolerant user can say he/she's feeling it. At least to a degree when it's noticable that you're under an influence of a drug.

These beverages are so mild, people don't even notice its effects at all. They may drink it out of habit or in hope it will wake them up faster so that they don't show up sleepy at work only to get minimal results which are close to placebo really.

If you have access to such powerful psychedelics such as LSD, I don't even see why would you bother exploring the psychoactive (or the lack of) properties of cocoa. This stuff is considered a food ingredient, it is given to small children.

You probably just felt good because you were in a good mood, and got a good share of nutrients that day (probably). You couldn't possibly been more altered from the cocoa than you would have been if you ate a poppy seed bagel. Even if you believe you can get affected by those, the LSD would have overpowered it by a 1000 times at least.

Caffeine intoxication 'begins' at 250mg for an intolerant person? Says who? Laughing I take alot less than 250mg of caffeine per day, probably 1/3 of that, and I can certainly notice the 'caffeine intoxication' at that amount lol. Sensitivites vary per person, one person can't proclaim what another one can or can't feel or perceive - mentally or physiologically speaking. Razz

Also cocoa and cacao are two different things, phytochemically, same plant, but different results. Cacao is the minimally processed form of the bean , maintaining it's profile. Cocoa begins the same way cacao does as its harvested beans from the plants seed pods. During processing its heated at much higher temperatures. This results in a different prep and different constituents in the end result.

Most that take raw/minimally processed cacao don't take it for the caffeine content; i.e: theobromine, PEA, magnesium among many other nutrients that can carry over certain physiological effects, especially theobromine, which does synergize nicely with many of the tryptamines.

Everyone's sensitivity and perception therein is different, just because one person doesn't experience x,y, and z doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else will follow suite in that same manner.

Felnik
#11 Posted : 10/31/2017 1:00:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience with cacao is that its great for re-energizing after a mushroom trip.
I actually use it to help me when I'm feeling wiped out and flattened from the mushrooms.
Hiking out of the woods can be much easier with some cacao in the mix.
It definitely has synergistic effects with other things, how much it can actually do is clearly debatable.
its great with candied ginger.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 10/31/2017 5:07:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

AwesomeUsername wrote:
These beverages are so mild, people don't even notice its effects at all.
This sentiment is most assuredly divergent from my experience. All the caffeinated beverages are quite noticeably psychoactive for me, with effects in the stimulant to euphoriant range.

That said, with LSD I only recall having had green tea - which was something of miracle as I managed to brew it during the peak of a combined acid and mushroom trip. It was very nice, but my friends were expecting normal tea. Their reaction was hilarious when their reality was divergent from their expectations. But really that's a whole other story!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

WisdomTooth
#13 Posted : 12/29/2017 3:49:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Raw Cacao not only contains Caffeine but Theobromine, Phenethylamine(Love molecule), Anandamide(Bliss chemical) and many other chemicals that could contribute to a excellent experience.

I once mega-dosed with raw cacao and some other herbs and made a smoothie almost felt like low MDMA level euphoria so i do believe it has much potential to potentiate and drive other substances in a more positive direction.

Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 1/3/2018 9:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WisdomTooth wrote:
Raw Cacao not only contains Caffeine but Theobromine, Phenethylamine(Love molecule), Anandamide(Bliss chemical) and many other chemicals that could contribute to a excellent experience.

I once mega-dosed with raw cacao and some other herbs and made a smoothie almost felt like low MDMA level euphoria so i do believe it has much potential to potentiate and drive other substances in a more positive direction.

My first ever time ingesting pure cocao in powder form, I liberally dusted a large amount onto some vanilla ice cream (it went very well with this, apart from inhaling a little during consumption). This was a notable psychoactive experience for me, and at the time I too compared to a low level (and relatively short lasting) earthy MDMA type experience. I'm intrigued to combine some with mushrooms in the future, Aztec style.

smoothmonkey
#15 Posted : 1/26/2018 3:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Raw cacao + Mushrooms = Love Thumbs up

The lady makes a mixture of raw cacao, raw honey, and cocoa butter (lightly heated in a pan and mixed) which we dip mushrooms in when we eat them. It synergies very well, IME. The loving nature of cacao is a comforting spirit, and a tasty ally!

Chocolate covered crispy mushrooms, my favorite treat Wink
เฅ เค…เคธเคคเฅ‹ เคฎเคพ เคธเคฆเฅเค—เคฎเคฏ เฅค
เคคเคฎเคธเฅ‹ เคฎเคพ เคœเฅเคฏเฅ‹เคคเคฟเคฐเฅเค—เคฎเคฏ เฅค
เคฎเฅƒเคคเฅเคฏเฅ‹เคฐเฅเคฎเคพ เค…เคฎเฅƒเคคเค‚ เค—เคฎเคฏ เฅค

neb
#16 Posted : 6/17/2018 11:58:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey wrote:
Raw cacao + Mushrooms = Love Thumbs up

The lady makes a mixture of raw cacao, raw honey, and cocoa butter (lightly heated in a pan and mixed) which we dip mushrooms in when we eat them. It synergies very well, IME. The loving nature of cacao is a comforting spirit, and a tasty ally!

Chocolate covered crispy mushrooms, my favorite treat Wink

This sounds almost too good to be real. definately going to do this next time i get mushrooms going Smile
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

blue.magic
#17 Posted : 6/19/2018 10:21:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WisdomTooth wrote:

YES!

Once I was a daily coffee drinker (having high tolerance to caffeine) I took about a cup of cacao (40 g cocoa powder, 20 g cocoa butter, some milk and honey).

This gave me blissful, almost opiate-like euphoria I believe caused by the anandamide.

We had such cocoa brew also on LSD with friends, it has not been felt so much, maybe due to LSD experience overshadowing that of cacao.