We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
England,Acacia Obtusifolia planting wild, ethical? Options

Mushroomadness
#1 Posted : 4/6/2016 6:13:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, peace and love to you all.
I know this isn't the right place to post but still not a full member.
So I've been growing some Obtusifolia, out of 20 seeds only 5 sprouted but they all lasted the English winter and are starting to sprout again. I only have a small garden so i picked the strongest 2 and planted in medium pots for this year. But i still have 3 left was going to plant in local woods, do you think this is ethical? I don't want to upset the natural balance but It's not a fully natural woods on MOD land and mainly coppiced trees. Any thoughts?
Mr. Spock: In the strict scientific sense, Doctor, we all feed on death, even vegetarians.

Dont you see? Life's easy, when you consider things from a different point of view

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

grollum
#2 Posted : 7/4/2017 6:59:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

did you decide to plant in the wild? did they survive the winter?

acacian
#3 Posted : 7/7/2017 10:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you going going to plant them about the place I would pick more urban areas that are already have weeds everywhere/trees from other lands. Planting them in the wild in native ecosystems I think is quite unethical but if you plant them in places where they are not going to interfere with the native wild life then I guess its no differen't to planting any other tree .. I'm interested in others thoughts on this though..

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 7/9/2017 11:44:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My opinion is that not planting active acacias in urban locations when one has the opportunity to do so would be unethical, given the destruction that commercial harvesting of source plants has wreaked. Wild native ecosystems in Britain are a little thin on the ground and thus very easy to avoid.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli