We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6789NEXT
..Enough GOO questions! read this.. Options

Lucullus
#141 Posted : 9/13/2016 7:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread!

I've recently finished my second extraction using something like Noman's tek (found a similar technique on a Swedish forum, before I realized where the true expertise reside). For practical reasons I reused the naptha several times, which resulted in quite dark brown/yellowish product. Trying to be more careful than my usual self, I recrystallized it and performed a sodium carbonate wash but never really managed to get clear white crystals.

Got me a bit confused, was googling a bit and most of the crystals I've seen look so picture perfect that I almost lost confidence in what I had produced. And reading Noman's tek I also got the impression that white fluff or crystals was the norm.

I did my first extraction earlier this summer, and have since been a frequent guest here troubleshooting and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong when things don't work out as I expect. Every time I visit here, I find new bits of information that is precisely what I need to know to learn and evolve.

It's made me a bit hesitant to post here too, since I feel most of what I can offer are questions that have already been answered over and over.

The spice on top is what I got most of, I've recrystallized it 3 times I believe. The spice on the bottom right was originally just goo, but recrystallized and I feel comfortable smoking that. On stuff on the left I'm more hesitant off, there's quite a bit of dark in there which I figure is oils, so I'll recrystallize again and make change, is what I'm thinking.

Lucullus attached the following image(s):
DSC_0379.jpg (2,553kb) downloaded 461 time(s).
"You haven't met yourself yet.
But the advantage to meeting others in the
meantime is that one of them may
present you to yourself.
Examine the nature of everything you observe."

- Waking Life

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

LoveInfused
#142 Posted : 1/26/2017 3:36:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just extracted for the first time and it came out as goo. and you bet the smile on my face was just like a crescent moon, regardless if it was goo or not. I'm happy I got something Smile
Hello, Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me.

CannabisAR
#143 Posted : 5/27/2017 10:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm slowly learning now that the oil and crystal combo is quite ok. SWIM has a batch right that been sitting in the freezer for many hours now. SWIM batch when returned to room temperature noticed a lot of the white has turned to a clear oil. SWIM is just happy to see results following tek to a T. Cleaning is the next step after some more research today. How does one use Zinc to clean up product?

null24
#144 Posted : 5/28/2017 1:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

CannabisAR wrote:
I'm slowly learning now that the oil and crystal combo is quite ok. SWIM has a batch right that been sitting in the freezer for many hours now. SWIM batch when returned to room temperature noticed a lot of the white has turned to a clear oil. SWIM is just happy to see results following tek to a T. Cleaning is the next step after some more research today. How does one use Zinc to clean up product?

Love yer avatar!
What is all this SWIM business though? It makes YOUR post hard to read.

Also, the search function on the site bites, it's well known. However, by visiting your favorite google, performing your query and adding DMT nexus to it will surely net some results.

Welcome to the Nexus, have a good time, learn much, peace and be good to ya.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

CannabisAR
#145 Posted : 5/28/2017 3:22:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
CannabisAR wrote:

Love yer avatar!
What is all this SWIM business though? It makes YOUR post hard to read.

Also, the search function on the site bites, it's well known. However, by visiting your favorite google, performing your query and adding DMT nexus to it will surely net some results.

Welcome to the Nexus, have a good time, learn much, peace and be good to ya.

Someone told me I should use code on here when referring to myself just in case SWIM = Someone who isn't me.

downwardsfromzero
#146 Posted : 5/28/2017 9:40:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

CannabisAR wrote:
Someone told me I should use code on here when referring to myself just in case SWIM = Someone who isn't me.

Well, that's blown your cover now, hasn't it? Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

CannabisAR
#147 Posted : 5/28/2017 10:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
CannabisAR wrote:

Yep my cover is blown.

CannabisAR
#148 Posted : 5/29/2017 4:47:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..interesting jamie..
DeMenTed wrote:
The best smoke ive had was crystallised orange goo, tasted amazing and sent me very deep!
..once upon a time orange wax was the stuff of legend!

I'm a cannabis expert in extractions, The other day I extracted my first batch of DMT and got goo. Whats funny is if you compare cannabis concentrate to what I got you couldn't tell the difference ill try to post a picture later. Thumbs up
CannabisAR attached the following image(s):
20170529_094343.jpg (2,174kb) downloaded 328 time(s).
20170529_094355.jpg (2,101kb) downloaded 325 time(s).
20170529_094400.jpg (1,661kb) downloaded 321 time(s).

ElevatorAlley
#149 Posted : 5/29/2017 5:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CannabisAR wrote:

For real though, this is kind of old slang. Maybe 5-10 years ago or so, everyone used SWIM. Now people poke fun at it instead. No particular reason why, social norms just change over time.

Enjoy your goo! I've never extracted anything else, and once properly processed, it is every bit as potent as you could possibly desire.

CannabisAR
#150 Posted : 5/29/2017 6:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pictures added

null24
#151 Posted : 5/29/2017 6:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
For real though, this is kind of old slang. Maybe 5-10 years ago or so, everyone used SWIM. Now people poke fun at it instead. No particular reason why, social norms just change over time.

I don't think its changing social customs, I think it's the realization that SWIM is utterly useless and redundant,if one is using any real anonymizing techniques, and that it makes things confoundingly difficult to read.

People make fun of me and my goo, always talking up white crystals, but for efficacy, ease of prep and use ( with enhanced leaf) , I'm a goo lover. Thumbs up
Enjoy your goo, love your goo, always respect your goo, and your goo will love you back. Or something. Thumbs up

That said, one of the rewarding challenges,esp as I understand it in working with acacias, is refining your process and developing your relationship with the plant and learning how to make pretty xtals. It is worth the extra time, patience and work it takes.

I don't have much experience working with canna extracts, but fwiu, you should have a decent working knowledge of chemical safety with solvents, etc. You mentioned being wary of lye. Honestly, it is easy to work with safely, and is more effective than the base you used.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

CannabisAR
#152 Posted : 5/29/2017 7:13:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you much appreciated. Yeah its not that I'm afraid of lye ive just never had to use it for anything, maybe the movie Fight Club has always branded an image in my mind and is why I'm iffy on it. lol.... I'm very safe with solvent's especially Butane, the work room is very scientific, ventilated, Safety. I have two trays in the freezer now I'm just experimenting at this point now. Without doing any extensive research I'm taking the Naphtha after draining most of the dmt goo particles in frozen form, then reheating the naphtha in a indirect bath and refreezing for 8-12 hours. I'm just curious to see if any actual refined crystals can form. I get pure enjoyment out of this. ill post pics next postSmile
CannabisAR attached the following image(s):
bath.jpg (85kb) downloaded 303 time(s).
bath 2.jpg (265kb) downloaded 298 time(s).

CannabisAR
#153 Posted : 5/29/2017 7:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pics posted of the reheat then refreeze of same naphtha on its 3rd refreeze. I'm still able to collect goo. might as well do another reheat and refreeze its def a lot more finer then the original.

ElevatorAlley
#154 Posted : 5/29/2017 7:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think its changing social customs, I think it's the realization that SWIM is utterly useless and redundant,if one is using any real anonymizing techniques, and that it makes things confoundingly difficult to read.

I think we're talking about the same thing -- you're just describing in detail the rationale of the current custom. SWIM was always a bit tongue-in-cheek, and it's not difficult to read if that's what you're used to. Back then, you would barely even notice it. Syntactically it's no more complex than any other pronoun, and drug forums wouldn't have been much use if everyone was confounded all the time.

It's also no more redundant or useless than disclaimer sigs that say "All of my posts are fictional and for entertainment purposes only." It hasn't (yet) become custom to poke fun at those, so no one jumps in to say "Whoah, don't listen to this guy, his posts are just for entertainment purposes!" with a wink and nudge.

Just trying to give the new guy a bit of context for the joke. If he's done his due diligence on reading historical FAQ threads as recommended, he will have seen SWIM all over the place, so cheeky "SWIM? What's that??" posts are likely to be more confusing than just letting him know that people don't really say that anymore.

AluminumFoilRobots
#155 Posted : 7/7/2017 10:26:54 PM

gufyg

Ok, so this can happen with MHRB? Normally, like 95% of the time, when I extract MHRB it comes out as crystals, but this last time it came out as a clear-yellow goo.. this happened both times I tried freeze-precipitating and both times they intially came out as white or yellow crystals but as they dried they melted into a goo which is slightly yellow... I redissolved the goo once and froze it again but the same thing happened.
I'm thinking this is the somewhat common "disappearing xtals" issue, as it is very warm and humid at the moment ( I don;t have A/C) and I think the warming naphtha is melting them before they can dry... but the consensus is that this goo should be a-ok? Since it's MHRB, and they initially came out as crystals that it should be far and away mostly DMT?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Northerner
#156 Posted : 7/8/2017 12:26:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Crystals rarely last in that for more than half an hour where I am AFR, normally much less. It's really hot and humid here most of the year round. I've never been able to keep xtals, not even in the coolest and driest part of winter. I feel your pain.

I even acquired a baggie of crystals once that were made by someone else. After only dipping in there one time the next time I went back it was all melted goo in the baggie.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

dmusicaltrancistor
#157 Posted : 11/19/2017 5:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mrdandman wrote:
One of my friends has an oil rig for smoking herbal oils, which he DABS into his oil rig. I am reading up on acacia extractions, which commonly result in goo, and I was wondering if the oil rig and vaporization of the goo would be an effective form of administrations? Any comments?

I have tried this a few times it has always tended to work great for me. Extremely smooth smoalk just wait a extra second or two longer than you would for a regular dabb before putting the goo on the nail. make sure you wieght of dose is appropriate and try not to second guess it, after the first hit you should have the whole dose in your lungs. Lay back and enjoy your ticket to hyperspace Cool
Cubensis Mushroom Colonization Temps 75-80 F Cubensis Mushroom Fruiting Temps 68-74 F
https://ocw.mit.edu/reso...ques-manual-spring-2007/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36239
cyb wrote:
Xtals are just goo with fancy designer clothes on...
Big grin

Arkens
#158 Posted : 5/21/2018 6:28:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used the same extraction tek on the same batch. Just it came out in three different colors. The first one i just let sit with a fan blowing over it. It turned out to be orange goo. So for the ne t pull i put it over night in a freezer and let it sip through a coffe filter. They where perectly white crystals. For the third pull i just let it sit and evaporate over night and it turned out ti be yellow crystalls this time. All three batches smell the same and taste the same

some one
#159 Posted : 5/22/2018 11:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using pure white DMT instead of yellow goo has this advantage:
it works better on some vaporizers.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Eaglepath
#160 Posted : 5/23/2018 6:54:38 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

CannabisAR wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
CannabisAR wrote:

Yep my cover is blown.

Laughing you guys
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

«PREV6789NEXT