We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Coca Tincture Options

flowersniffer
#21 Posted : 4/17/2017 8:14:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Dreamer!

So, Coca and Achuma! Now that sounds interestingBig grin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#22 Posted : 7/3/2017 2:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The taste is sweet and Nice. I did mix 1:10 ratio bicarbonate sodium to coca flour. Let this to dry ( and flour gets darker and browner as freebasing occupes ).
Pulled90° ethanol, for 2 weeks although I might run shorter and pull again to see what's left. Find this neat to dose. And actually surprisingly yummy. Coca alcaloids are normally ok to use with Aya, used the traditional way ( I dont think cocaïne isolate is, and especially considering the concentration of adulterants in it ), but here, you have to consider the alcohol content and also the possible coca ethylene formation during this process. Which might not be same as simply chewing coca and base or coca tea.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

flowersniffer
#23 Posted : 7/4/2017 3:55:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi rOm,

yes, I quite like the taste as well... I also tried extracting using this method. I used a bit more baking soda to leaf ratio than you did. I found also that it's nice to dose, but I didn't really see any difference in strength, or effect, than pulling into ethanol and then adding baking soda to it when you dose. Its a lot more work basing it first, then drying and then pulling with alcohol. I did though extract 25 grams of powdered leaf this way and then evaporate all the alcohol off, which left a green residue which can be scraped up with a blade and added to a herb of your choice with some quite interesting effects ... I used some cannabis and got a really clean, clear high along with a super boost in sexual functioning, if you get my drift! Thumbs up

rOm
#24 Posted : 7/4/2017 10:14:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello flowersniffer, So you mean you smoked the evaporate tar onto some plant carrier ? I only used it oral but would try mix with little water for subling it.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

flowersniffer
#25 Posted : 7/4/2017 11:38:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I put it into a joint, yes. I never thought about doing it sublingual as I assumed that it would be the same as taking the tincture as a mouth wash with bicarb ... But, of course there would be no alcohol, so maybe the effect would be different... I guess that you could also snort it, which I haven't tried ...

I left the evaporate on the plate and it's now damp, will have to dry it out before further use ...

Am still to try it with DMT Smile

Northerner
#26 Posted : 3/21/2018 8:33:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Been looking at this recently having acquired a pile of coca leaf. I can't seem to find a tek (that I trust) online.

I'm unsure on the pulling of the alcohol from the leaf and the %'s.

I'm uneasy to use my BP grade ethanol for anything that I may consume (smells scary, I've never put that in my mouth before), is high % vodka or similar suitable for making tinctures? Or do I really need to be heading up above %50 alcohol volume to get a good extract?

Is it as simple as just letting the dried leaf sit in the solution for some time and pulling/pouring it off, then evaporating it down?

Does fresh leaf offer any advantages, rather than drying it?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Rock.0
#27 Posted : 3/21/2018 8:47:36 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

FWIW, I created a basic tincture of LSD simply by dissolving the tab in a 10mL bottle of dirty cheap Smirnoff for 2 days. I then was able to measure out exact microdoses with a 10mL syringe. I know you'll probably want bigger doses than that, but I assume the same principle should apply in terms of extraction.

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 3/21/2018 5:47:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Northerner wrote:
Is it as simple as just letting the dried leaf sit in the solution for some time and pulling/pouring it off, then evaporating it down?

In principle, yes. And even if soaking in whatever vodka you can muster doesn't turn out, nothing is lost. The leaves can be soaked in high proof spirit afterwards and the two extracts combined.

Coca leaf is surprisingly nice. Unsurprisingly Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

#29 Posted : 3/21/2018 5:58:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Coca leaf is surprisingly nice. Unsurprisingly Big grin

I agree. Really enjoyed it the time's that I've done it with sod bicarb, just a pinch with 2-3g stack of leaves. Felt really soft though clearly energizing, and the feeling of my breathing most definitely changed, the easinsss of breath and breathing. I was outside when I'd done it all those times and it was great, especially while hiking. Cool

A high proof alco/tinc extract would be interesting though for sure.

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 3/21/2018 10:23:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
A high proof alco/tinc extract would be interesting though for sure.

Indeed it would. Sadly, my coca plants failed to survive the northern European winter. Also unsurprisingly Sad

And, yeah, that thing with the breathing. No wonder it's good for the mountains.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DansMaTete
#31 Posted : 3/21/2018 10:44:55 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

And surfing ! Tested And approved Cool

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

null24
#32 Posted : 3/22/2018 3:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Northerner wrote:

I'm uneasy to use my BP grade ethanol for anything that I may consume (smells scary, I've never put that in my mouth before), is high % vodka or similar suitable for making tinctures? Or do I really need to be heading up above %50 alcohol volume to get a good extract?

Is Everclear or other grain spirits available in your area? In Oregon,you can buy 190 proof at the state-run liquor stores pretty by the pint pretty cheap.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Northerner
#33 Posted : 3/22/2018 10:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Northerner wrote:

Is Everclear or other grain spirits available in your area? In Oregon,you can buy 190 proof at the state-run liquor stores pretty by the pint pretty cheap.

Nah, I'm in Australia, the tax on drinking alcohol is is ridiculous. Spirytus is the same potency at 95%, but something like $150 a litre. I can get 2 litres of %96 raw pharma BP grade ethanol for about $50. I just seriously never considered putting it in my mouth. I doubt there is any real difference between that and the Spirytus, maybe a little less toxic if anything. Laughing

My thinking is that pharmaceutical grade is purer than food grade, but still "safe" for consumption.

Rock.0
#34 Posted : 3/23/2018 4:39:07 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

Are you talking about this stuff? https://d3r2zleywq7959.c.../5/7/574155_xlarge_1.jpg

I asked my local pharmacist and he was pretty unsure, but said it's probably got stuff added into it to make it undrinkable. He wasn't much help aside from that.

Northerner
#35 Posted : 3/23/2018 5:20:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No not iso, that is poisonous. This is the product I have,

http://www.davidcraig.ne...ents/ethanol-96-bp/1239/

I don't think it's denatured, otherwise it wouldn't be able to get the BP certification.

Cactus Man
#36 Posted : 4/30/2018 11:47:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM made a coca wine once and recommended it highly. Hoping I get to try some one day myself. Seems like coca is much stronger when extracted into alcohol in comparison to water.

plumsmooth
#37 Posted : 11/9/2018 2:07:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well the last time I was considering sharing a great method (thanks to nexus) it seemed this plant discussed in this way was banned or borderline. Since it isn't at the moment I would like to share; and I can't think of a place I would rather!

This tech is simply borrowed from the Limonene/Vinegar Semi-dry Non Toxic method! I forgot the name of it. Anyway if you look online you can find the exact ratio of Na2Co3 to use to achieve the ideal PH for Coca Alkaloid basification!

A paste is made (not too wet), and then of all things Limonene is used for pulls. Then you know what to do: Salt out with Vinegar then evaporate Voila! A lovely greenish-yellowish wax is your finished product.

I did this a couple of times but stopped because I clearly didn't have the self control; and with some abuse history years back, it was clearly not a great idea especially since I have always been able to be satisfied with a couple of chews or several dozen Ha hA.

Anyway a friend of mine gave me a really bad idea of smoking it and all I can say is Anyone for Organic Crack?
I do not recommend this either and in general I honestly think a couple of chews maybe three is all anyone needs to reach a manageable Coca spirit place of productivity or whatever... Good Luck...

I did decide that this would be the perfect dick friendly numbing agent for a long fuck if you are lucky enough to have a partner that would like to be drilled for an hour!

Levanah
#38 Posted : 7/28/2019 1:05:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

plumsmooth wrote:

This tech is simply borrowed from the Limonene/Vinegar Semi-dry Non Toxic method! I forgot the name of it. Anyway if you look online you can find the exact ratio of Na2Co3 to use to achieve the ideal PH for Coca Alkaloid basification!

A paste is made (not too wet), and then of all things Limonene is used for pulls. Then you know what to do: Salt out with Vinegar then evaporate Voila! A lovely greenish-yellowish wax is your finished product.

Hmmm.

I tried to extract 150g coca leaf powder with d-limonene and used the "Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B Extraction Tek".

1. After the acidification step I made a paste with 150g coca leaf powder and 150g lime and let it sit for three days
2. Pulled with 400ml D-Limonene
3. Salted out with vingegar

My first pull yielded about 4g of a yellowish wax.

I have put 50mg, then 100mg, then 300mg of this stuff with a tiny bit baking soda into my mouth for 30 minutes and felt nothing, no numbness, no medical stimulation at all.

I did everything exactly the same as if I would extract DMT - with Jurema I always get the realistic 1,3% yield of brown high-potent dmt-honey-acetate.

So what did Limonene pull here? Can't be just alkaloids - I think my 4 pulls will yield about 9-12g of this yellow wax. It's very weak - if it even contains goodies at all.

Just chewed 1,5g Mambe (leaf powder+plant ashes) an hour ago and it's good and potent as usual.

The goal of the extraction is to make a ticture for better handling and to make infused/enhanced chewing-leaf for less mess in the mouth and moar effectiveness. Another advantage of coca leaf exctraction may be to get rid of pesticides if you don't have organic coca leaf material.

Any suggestions what went wrong with my approach?

Levanah attached the following image(s):
waxxx.jpg (3,625kb) downloaded 102 time(s).

plumsmooth
#39 Posted : 7/28/2019 6:14:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all Sodium Carbonate I do not believe is lime!
Therefore you might have destroyed the alkaloids.
Secondly, there is no initial acidification...

Levanah
#40 Posted : 7/28/2019 9:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

plumsmooth wrote:
First of all Sodium Carbonate I do not believe is lime!
Therefore you might have destroyed the alkaloids.
Secondly, there is no initial acidification...

You are right, Lime is Calcium Hydroxide.

Atleast for the chewing part, coca leaves can be used with Lime / Calcium Hydroxide.

Why should Lime destroy the alkaloids? Is it too basic? Can the alkaloids really be destroyed this way?

The initial acidification step with vinegar and water may not be necessary with coca leaves but I don't see a reason why it should harmed the extraction.

It's still mysterious to me why limonene as a non-polar solvent pulled so much other "stuff"?

PREV123NEXT