We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1112131415NEXT
What scale do you use? Options

Jees
#241 Posted : 11/20/2015 7:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That greenhouse on yours protect from dust indeed, but also serves as a wind shield, against blows to not interfere while weighting. A constant wind draft could do that, really.

I think we can geek over anything, it's one of those curious conditions humans have.
The feature serves us and kills us, makes us laugh over this and slaughter over that.
Scales are pretty harmless in that regard, you've chosen an innocent drool right here Smile

Oh I'm fine with this 50$ scale of mine, simply love it Wink
Big back light digits, sure worth a tiny of drool.
My previous 15$ one became a little un-trustful after a while.

But have no doubt dear Wolf, I sure bow for your space ship masterpiece Drool

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wolf8312
#242 Posted : 11/20/2015 8:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

But have no doubt dear Wolf, I sure bow for your space ship masterpiece Drool

Lol and well you might good sir!

The 'greenhouse' does indeed protect it from wind and if you close the doors the accuracy actually increases! Well that is after the scale recovers from the turbulence created by closing the greenhouse!

Really makes you realize just how sensitive it is to just about anything. If I put my hand on the table the scale is sitting on it starts moving.

letudiante
#243 Posted : 6/19/2016 1:38:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been using the scales from Kern&Sohn, EMB 100-3 in particular. Pretty decent, though have certain trouble showing presice weight of a substance up to 10mg.

GreenGecko
#244 Posted : 7/10/2016 12:00:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What price bracket are trustworthy scales in?

I ask, as i currently have some 0.001g scales that recently were ~50mg out..
Needless to say, those scales are dangerous for use with psychoactives.

None of the brands on amazon really inspire confidence, i've heard even the Gemini which is expensive and well regarded - gets inaccurate after some time.
I'd ideally like to be able to measure accurately to the 0.1mg, but that'd probably cost around £800.. So what's the safe middle-ground? 1mg reading, with +/- 2-3mg repeat-ability?
cheers,

GnicGnoc
#245 Posted : 8/13/2016 10:35:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does any body know anything about U.S. Solid balances. They're marketed as analytical balances. I think they're made in china. I'm hesitant to drop a bill on an unknown equipment.

GnicGnoc
#246 Posted : 9/7/2016 7:13:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I ended up getting a Chinese manufactured "analytical balance". If you search for U.S. solid analytical balance you will find them. Though the one I got is an unbranded version of the same scale for $30 less. For $75 its not bad. It is precise in that it consistently weighs the same amount with out deviating to much. It seems pretty accurate when weighing a couple of calibration weights. It also excepts a DC power cord. On the down side its kind of bulky. I think its a decent scale for the price when looking at mg scales.

Sandman96
#247 Posted : 9/16/2016 1:03:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

An aws dia-20
It's incredibly accurate and weighs to mgs (.000g) it's also only 29.99 I bought it at citgo

Skylight
#248 Posted : 9/21/2016 4:50:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use an RC564 mg scale...seems to be very accurate, and came with calibration weights as well. I'd recommend to a friend, paid $60 for mine locally...but I've seen them on Amazon for around $25 if Im not mistaken.
Skylight is a fictional character. Anything said by Skylight is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Aum_Shanti
#249 Posted : 1/31/2017 4:35:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just as a potential option for some people.
E.g. I live in an area where there is a lot of chemical industry. They obviously have a lot of scales, and usually they replace them every 10-15 years.
So there is potential for older professional scales at a very low price (for what you get).
You just have to inform yourself, where they do sell the old ones.
Usually they sell them in bulk to another company, which then sells these individually.

The good thing is also that these scales were regularly revisioned by the manufacturer.

E.g. where I live, you get a professional Mettler scale (accuracy 0.1mg or better) for $200-300. I know still maybe a lot for many people here. But I bought one, as I plan to dose some 5-MeO-DMT. And the scale I bought on amazon before, was just way too inaccurate (although it is a mg scale, it has an accuracy of +/-5mg)
For example, my good one, for which I paid $250, has an accuracy of +/-20ug (yes, ug, not mg)
Lol, when I think about it, I could almost dose pure LSD with it...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

DoorSeeker
#250 Posted : 4/17/2017 5:48:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just picked up a American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 because the last scale I got was horrible. I love this one! It has an error of less than 5mg and it's only $25 bucks. I'm super happy with it. Unless you're weighing pure lsd, there's no point to dropping mad money on a scale just so you can get the accuracy down to the microgram.
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

Aum_Shanti
#251 Posted : 4/17/2017 1:35:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Unless you're weighing pure lsd, there's no point to dropping mad money on a scale just so you can get the accuracy down to the microgram.

Lol, the LSD was just a joke. Nobody would weigh LSD powder for a single dose... Laughing

But as said, I personally encountered a problem trying to weigh 5-MeO-DMT. For that, IMHO you really need a scale on which you can trust that it properly weighs the mg.

I'm still wondering if there wouldn't be a pure mechanical balance option with mg weights as counterweights. Anybody knows? That could probably be made cheap and very accurate.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

benzyme
#252 Posted : 4/17/2017 3:35:38 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

mg from a mechanical balance? maybe the old-school mettlers or sartorius with overhead pan, but definitely not a triple-beam ohaus, those are sensitive to 0.1g. To accurately weigh out single milligrams, you're going to spend 300+ for a generic chinese analytical balance, and 500+ for a reliable analytical balance; and in that price range, it's a steal. Anything from the big three, Mettler, Sartorius, and Ohaus, will cost thousands. A coworker of mine got a US Solid for $479, it has 0.1mg resolution, and can accurately weigh single mg's; has a 1-yr warranty. I dropped $700 on mine, an A&D HR-120, it has a 5-yr warranty. When I dispensed 10 uL DI water from a 25 uL Hamilton syringe into a weigh boat, it registered 0.0095 g; there was likely some residual water in the tip.
by the weigh... the US Solid and A&D balances are based on this design https://docs.google.com/...m/pdfs/US20130161103.pdf

for most purposes, an analytical balance is overkill, and a $40 AMW balance with 0.001g resolution, like the one in the middle, suffices.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
FullSizeRender.jpg (1,353kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Aum_Shanti
#253 Posted : 4/17/2017 3:46:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
mg from a mechanical balance?

I rather thought something like a small cord balance. But I surely don't know if this is feasible in the mg ranges. Probably not, as it seems.
I remembered such a little cord balance from a friend of mine weighing his stuff, but that was certainly not in the mg range.

benzyme
#254 Posted : 4/17/2017 3:53:06 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

https://www.amazon.com/A...ican-Weigh/dp/B00L3LUCJ4

that one does have an adapter port for corded use. it can accurately weigh 20mg, per spec., but I've measured 10mg from DI water, using a micropipette. as previously mentioned, the Gemini-20 is another decent, popular option.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Complexity
#255 Posted : 4/17/2017 7:33:55 PM

Being & Becoming

I spent something like 20 $ from amazon for mine, and it seems to weigh 10mg of DMT accurately enough, based on the effects I feel.

Of course they're unlikely really 10 mg, but if the user's purpose is just smoalking and he/she hasn't to do precise lab work I really think it's acceptable.
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Soulocybin
#256 Posted : 4/18/2017 3:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use an AWS-100 which out of necessity paid $25.00 for and then saw them on ebay for like $8.00.Accurate scale for a budget although I prefer the AWS Gemini-20 for mg.I am getting another one of those.

benzyme
#257 Posted : 4/18/2017 3:53:17 AM

analytical chemist

I used to use an AMW DIA-10, I still have it somewhere. I did a sensitivity test on it, same experiments...micropipette and DI water. it began to register around 6-7mg. that scale and the gemini-20, are fairly accurate above 10mg. I wouldn't trust them below that.

downwardsfromzero
#258 Posted : 4/19/2017 2:21:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Round here somewhere there's (a link to) directions for building your own sub-milligram electromagnetic balance. Anyone remember where it is?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#259 Posted : 4/19/2017 6:13:13 AM

analytical chemist

http://hackaday.com/2005...icrogram-electrobalance/

Ingredi
#260 Posted : 6/30/2017 10:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Wolf, that adequately takes you out of ghetto style Smile

Mine below.
TARE doesn't respond well, just OFF and ON to simulate that.

This is the one I use, it is quite accurate for the price.

«PREV1112131415NEXT