We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Look about right? Options

Portals2Eternity
#1 Posted : 6/26/2017 9:27:45 PM
"You have to see to believe!"

My freeze precipitation dish has been in freezer for 12hrs. I went a little heavy on evap prior to FP, from 200ml to appx 25. The solvent was very milky and crystals were forming all over bottom of dish at room temp.

I just wanted to see if anyone experienced with these parameters, or just based on the pic I'm providing, can tell me if this looks about right? I know it's hard to see, but any and all input is welcome.

(Sorry for orientation)
Portals2Eternity attached the following image(s):
20170626_161725.jpg (1,477kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/26/2017 11:55:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

For universe's sake, that picture is utterly useless. Just chill out, it'll be fine.

(I wouldn't evap it as much, if at all.)

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Northerner
#3 Posted : 6/27/2017 12:09:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A gift...

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Norsern_vind
#4 Posted : 6/27/2017 4:36:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Words of advice: get something with a better seal, or be sure to seal the edges with tape or saran wrap.

Portals2Eternity
#5 Posted : 6/28/2017 12:44:02 AM

Oh really? I wasn't aware it needed that, but ty for the advice. I'll apply to my next extraction!

IYE, what's better saran wrap or aluminum foil?
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

TGO
#6 Posted : 6/28/2017 1:10:52 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hi Portals2Eternity,

First of all, congrats on your successful first extraction! I hope the following journeys go well for you.

That being said, I've noticed that you have been asking many questions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. However, we do have a policy on the Nexus dealing with "spoon-feeding" information to someone who could easily search and find the answer for themselves. Freeze precipitation is one of the basics of extraction and therefore has been covered an endless amount of times.

So, the search function and/or google are crucial for success. For instance, searching google for freeze precipitation lid brings about plenty of results to scan through. Once on a thread, CTR+F allows you to search the page for specific words, like "lid" or "cover"(if on a PC). So you could easily browse through the many threads and find a satisfactory answer, instead of relying on others to do the work for you.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Portals2Eternity
#7 Posted : 6/28/2017 12:36:54 PM

The Grateful One wrote:
Hi Portals2Eternity,

First of all, congrats on your successful first extraction! I hope the following journeys go well for you.

That being said, I've noticed that you have been asking many questions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. However, we do have a policy on the Nexus dealing with "spoon-feeding" information to someone who could easily search and find the answer for themselves. Freeze precipitation is one of the basics of extraction and therefore has been covered an endless amount of times.

So, the search function and/or google are crucial for success. For instance, searching google for freeze precipitation lid brings about plenty of results to scan through. Once on a thread, CTR+F allows you to search the page for specific words, like "lid" or "cover"(if on a PC). So you could easily browse through the many threads and find a satisfactory answer, instead of relying on others to do the work for you.

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate it, but I'll have to politely disageee that I'm looking to be "spoon fed". In the last two months, I've EASILY done 200+hrs of research. Maybe double that, idk. But if you go back, my question was based on an image I shared, it had nothing to do with a lid. It was regarding the contents of the dish, as I obviously had no prior experience and had received varying degrees of success searching.

I quite possibly did too much research, if such a thing exists, because there always seems to be many, many viewpoints on any given topic, with a lot of those being contradictory.

For the foreseeable future, I'm simply going to view threads rather than posting, as it seems I'm rubbing ppl the wrong way & not getting much feedback anyway, even when I'm simply sharing my experience. I'm a very detail oriented person and thus am just trying to nail down specifics to know the ins and outs when I feel I have an inadequate knowledge base.

But I appreciate your perspective, and will take into consideration what you said if/when I decide to post again.