We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV133134135136137NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Drowning-man
#2681 Posted : 6/15/2017 9:16:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JefFlux wrote:
For real.? Never liked warming Shellite up as it seems to just pull a bunch of fats with no noticeable increases in yield

Just defat till clear then you wont have to worry about fats and oils.
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

eddyjmthewll
#2682 Posted : 6/17/2017 9:16:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi I'm about to finish my first DMT straight to base extraction, I have some powdery crystals on a dish to dry out and the solvent in a measuring cup to evaporate. I tried heating the solvent placing it in a pan with the bottom filled with hot water but it doesn't seem to speed up the process. it's been there for almost 24 hours and the level has gone down about 10ml ... i was doing an evap test of the solvent as well and placed a few days ago a bit of solvent in a normal glass and it still hasn't evaporated all.
So, how long does it normally take to evaporate?

JefFlux
#2683 Posted : 6/17/2017 10:04:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you want to put your solvent on a plate or baking dish...more surface area for evaporation.
Have you tried placing a cool fan over it...this can speed the process up to only a few hours for 10-15 ml of Shellite in a fat dish as opposed to 12-24 hrs without

eddyjmthewll
#2684 Posted : 6/17/2017 10:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks JefFlux
I don't have a cool fan, but i'll try with the baking tray... I've got 150ml of solvent, so i'd better try and speed up the process Smile

what would be the problem with a hot air fan? oxidation of DMT? Is that loss of electrons? Why would that be a problem?

JefFlux
#2685 Posted : 6/17/2017 11:16:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not sure exactly...but the presence of heat and solvents does not seem like a good idea !
Patience may be the key here, usually evaps overnight if its shallow enough

eddyjmthewll
#2686 Posted : 6/18/2017 2:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright i've left it on a baking tray and it has almost all evaporated. basically no residue left.

Also I have a doubt i feel it has probably been asked already but i couldn't find answers: the rest of the crystals on the dish are still there drying out, and they seem actually pretty dry but i move them around with a fork sometimes and they still feel a bit soft and also still smell of naphta. I haven't put any fan blowing on them since I wanted to avoid oxidation but do you reckon the smell will go away if it's not gone away after 30 hours?

inaniel
#2687 Posted : 6/19/2017 4:01:20 AM

mas alla del mar

Okay! So i have another noob question. I was able to separate the layers I posted about earlier, and threw the first three pulls in the freezer. An issue I've had at my new (very old) apt that I haven't had elsewhere: I don't think my POS freezer gets cold enough, and i'm left with a lot of naptha. I had it sitting in there for a full 24 hours and about 3/4ths of a second day, and was left with a lot of naptha still. There was what looked like a ton of DMT floating in the naptha.

I just moved in and didn't have any container to transfer this to (stupid mistake), so i grabbed the glass I used for my extraction (
I pull the naptha 'crudely' to get it all out of the extraction vessel into a long neck glass to more accurately pull). But there was still some base soup at the bottom. Now I have this naptha with base soup and crystals suspended inbetween. Is my only resort to carefully pull the naptha? I have a small glass baster which always leaves a few CM of naptha on the base soup which i'm unable to pull without contamination.

inaniel
#2688 Posted : 6/19/2017 4:34:32 PM

mas alla del mar

Could I start the process over? Throw this all back in my base soup and do another a/b?

melotikaci
#2689 Posted : 6/20/2017 7:40:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

inaniel wrote:
Okay! So i have another noob question. I was able to separate the layers I posted about earlier, and threw the first three pulls in the freezer. An issue I've had at my new (very old) apt that I haven't had elsewhere: I don't think my POS freezer gets cold enough, and i'm left with a lot of naptha. I had it sitting in there for a full 24 hours and about 3/4ths of a second day, and was left with a lot of naptha still. There was what looked like a ton of DMT floating in the naptha.

What do you mean by "lot of naphtha was left"?
Did you expect to evaporate naphtha in a freezer? That would take weeks, especially with the glass you are using.

After you take the dish out of freezer here's what you should do:
1. Remove naphtha from the glass and put it back into basic solution asap, if you take too long dmt will redesolve in it on room temps. (use syringe or big pipette to avoid loosing crystals).
2. Put the glass with crystals back into the freezer or in a fridge upside down(crystals should be attached to glass surface after you remove naphtha) for few hours to let it dry.

P.S. next time better use wider dish. it may be hard to scrape off the crystals from that.

inaniel
#2690 Posted : 6/20/2017 10:50:27 PM

mas alla del mar

melotikaci wrote:
inaniel wrote:

What do you mean by "lot of naphtha was left"?
Did you expect to evaporate naphtha in a freezer? That would take weeks, especially with the glass you are using.

After you take the dish out of freezer here's what you should do:
1. Remove naphtha from the glass and put it back into basic solution asap, if you take too long dmt will redesolve in it on room temps. (use syringe or big pipette to avoid loosing crystals).
2. Put the glass with crystals back into the freezer or in a fridge upside down(crystals should be attached to glass surface after you remove naphtha) for few hours to let it dry.

P.S. next time better use wider dish. it may be hard to scrape off the crystals from that.

Oh yeah I didn't place it in that glass in the freezer, I have a glass baking dish for that. I had a pretty good yield already stuck to the baking dish, but had a lot more floaters than usual in the remaining naphtha. With my previous extractions and I've never run into the issue with floaters, or excess naphtha, as I had a new stand alone freezes that worked amazingly well. Thanks

melotikaci
#2691 Posted : 6/21/2017 9:13:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

inaniel wrote:

Oh yeah I didn't place it in that glass in the freezer, I have a glass baking dish for that. I had a pretty good yield already stuck to the baking dish, but had a lot more floaters than usual in the remaining naphtha. With my previous extractions and I've never run into the issue with floaters, or excess naphtha, as I had a new stand alone freezes that worked amazingly well. Thanks

From my experience one of the reason of floaters could be the recycled naphtha(saved from previous pulls). So if that's a problem for you try using new uncontaminated naphtha instead.

inaniel
#2692 Posted : 6/22/2017 1:54:32 AM

mas alla del mar

melotikaci wrote:
inaniel wrote:

From my experience one of the reason of floaters could be the recycled naphtha(saved from previous pulls). So if that's a problem for you try using new uncontaminated naphtha instead.

Ah, interesting. I did mix in some older naptha with new naptha this time around. I wanted to a) not waste the old naptha and b) see if any dmt was still there. I recall reading a thread where someone reportedly used the same naptha for heaps of pulls and continuously had good yields. thanks for the help.

Northerner
#2693 Posted : 6/22/2017 7:47:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been thinking about the rue extraction with the seeds in cloth...

Then thinking about the process of lyesing the cell via pressure cooking to release the DMT from plant matter in acidic water and then basing...

Then it could also be logical that if I pressure cooked the bark in cloth and squeezed all out of it that I could, based it, I could then perform a solvent extraction on fibreless solution?

What am I missing? Is the destructive nature of the base on the plant matter at all important in the extraction of DMT?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

downwardsfromzero
#2694 Posted : 6/22/2017 11:13:50 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's a perfectly reasonable idea. The concept is essentially that of a tea bag, regardless of the plant matter involved. If you try the pressure cooking I'd suggest to make the water only slightly acidic as very low pH will destroy the cellulose that makes up your 'tea bag'.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Northerner
#2695 Posted : 6/22/2017 11:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks dfz, I'll take it easy on the vinegar... maybe even skip it.

I'll try the rue first this weekend I think, see how I feel about the PC process.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

JefFlux
#2696 Posted : 8/2/2017 8:57:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm often surprised at how easily the dmt re-crystalises.

Dissolved 750mg into a 20-30 ml of Vodka and added 500mg of powdered Caapi bark and after checking it 24 hours later, noticed these beautiful x-tals sitting on top of the mix;

JefFlux attached the following image(s):
20623935_10208984045791156_2032905116_n.jpg (105kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
20624585_10208984042711079_1218455133_n.jpg (33kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
19832835_10208984042751080_669378539_n.jpg (57kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
20624276_10208984043511099_379324023_n.jpg (51kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
20614356_10208984043031087_2037453939_n.jpg (58kb) downloaded 132 time(s).

Kanela
#2697 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I have a question about salting... As wondering around forum i found out you can salt your solution for better yields (Cybs' Hybrid ATB Salt Tek, Max Ion Tek). I am a beginner as you can see from my posts, and right now i am doing BLAB tek (changa version, using d-limonene, sodium carbonate and IPA wash) is it ok to adopt salting to this tek? Is it necessary to add salt? Last time i was doing extraction with my "teacher" BLAB tek yielded 2,5% from 1kg of MHRB, great yield so maybe is not needed to salt...? What do you Nexians think/know about?

Thank You!

BloomTheShroom
#2698 Posted : 8/21/2017 7:14:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. This is my first official post. I had a few simple questions.
I'm choosing a poor mans tek, method anyway with alterations and was hoping some people could answer a few questions I wasn't sure about.

I will be doing my extraction in this order
-Mix 100g MHRB with excess sodium carbonate, add water, make a paste
-Spread on glass pan, let dry
-Add 185 ML 95% Ethanol, let sit for 1 hour, occasionally shaking/stirring
-Filter out onto dish through what? ******* Coffee filters work good? *****
-Do two more pulls. Combine liquid and let evaporate slow
-Mix reddish/brown sludge into warm vinegar. ***** How much vinegar should be used? ****** How long do I let it sit in the vinegar, or do I filter it as soon as it dissolves into the vinegar?*******
-After mixing, filter it. Mix with excess sodium carbonate, spread on a plate, let it dry.
-When dry, using ***** Ice cold acetone I'll dissolve the paste into it and filter then evaporate again, but **** Do I use ice cold acetone? How long do I let it sit in acetone, or do I once more, filter immediately when it dissolves in the acetone? ***

I believe I was pretty specific in all my details and I'm confident in this route of extraction, just wanted a few insights on basically a few things.. Thanks!
*EDIT*-Forgot to mention, where there are asterisks is where I have a question, thank you!
"Pychadelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned you may jump out of a third story window. Psychadelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility of everything you know is wrong."

FrizzleFried
#2699 Posted : 8/25/2017 3:41:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quick question about mini ab. Do you need to use an NPS for the acid wash, or can I just drop the freebase straight into my acid?

Sakkadelic
#2700 Posted : 8/25/2017 4:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FrizzleFried wrote:
Quick question about mini ab. Do you need to use an NPS for the acid wash, or can I just drop the freebase straight into my acid?

yes you can, put the freebase in the container and add the acidic solution while stirring/swirling until all the freebase dissolves then proceed normally Smile
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

«PREV133134135136137NEXT»