We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
E-liquid success: An express ticket to the Alien Pool-Party Options

seagull
#81 Posted : 10/26/2016 10:08:37 PM

Hello world!

Im going to do this with weed aswell!
Simple & more moderate highs. Fun and easy
You&Iverse

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

steppa
#82 Posted : 10/27/2016 9:37:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
i wonder if there is something that happens with the viscosity or chemical nature of the juice after spice is mixed in that enables this?

I honestly don't know. My guess would be that the spice might act corrosive on the rubber. If the tanks sits in the fridge the juice becomes much thicker due to the coldness. This can help to prevent leaking.

Quote:

still no reports on 'e-changa' then?

I don't give it a try, because I think that you'd need super clean harmalas. Otherwise there'd be much residue, I _guess_.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

fathomlessness
#83 Posted : 10/30/2016 2:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
ducdevil wrote:
i wonder if there is something that happens with the viscosity or chemical nature of the juice after spice is mixed in that enables this?

I honestly don't know. My guess would be that the spice might act corrosive on the rubber. If the tanks sits in the fridge the juice becomes much thicker due to the coldness. This can help to prevent leaking.

Quote:

still no reports on 'e-changa' then?

I don't give it a try, because I think that you'd need super clean harmalas. Otherwise there'd be much residue, I _guess_.

It wouldn't be corrosive on the rubber, the PH isn't high enough and would be like tennis balls pushing on a wall. This was also said in another thread by one of the mods on here.

I also read that changa can clog up the atomizers, especially if it is undissolved. I think they were experimenting with a few drops of ethanol to make it less viscous to help the atty vape it. Do you know how much harmalas you can dissolve in VG/PG? https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=41122

fathomlessness
#84 Posted : 10/30/2016 2:26:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
but I think it was 300 deg C on a 0.25 ohm coil.

Next I will try 1:1 potency (1g DMT per 1ml 100%PG) and reduce the power output way down to the point where one 10 second (auto off)

Why such a high temp? Isn't melting point 50c boiling point 175c or thereabouts?

Also, what is auto

eastlancsguy
#85 Posted : 10/31/2016 9:08:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

First of all thanks to Ducdevil and the work he's done to further this ROA. I'd been meaning to try this for a while, but his was the first report that made me think it actually would work - so thanks mate.

I just wanted to report back on my experiences, having now tried this myself....

This is my setup:-

Mod (i.e. battery) - Innokin Coolfire 4 TC100
Tank (i.e. bit that holds the juice) - iSub V Sub Ohm
Atomizer (i.e. the bit that does the vaping) - Stainless Steel 0.5 ohms (bundled with atomizer)

Spice: 0.5gs
Mixing Juice: EJMix (approx. 1.2 millilitres)

Process:

Placed 1ml of EJMix into a shot glass. Placed the shot glass into a pan with a small amount of hot water in it to gently heat up the EJMix.

Once hot, dropped in the 0.5gs of spice, plus a little more EJMix (approx. 0.2 mls) and slowly let the spice melt into the EJMix over the course of an hour or so. Further gentle heating was applied to encourage dissolution.

Allowed the mixture to cool and checked by eye - it was a clear, runny substance, and all the spice had completely dissolved. Using a small syringe, the juice was sucked up and placed into the tank.

Experience:

Once I'd built up the courage, I sat down and set the Mod to 500f (260c). I settled my breathing, pressed the button and inhaled about 1/3 of a lungful just to test. The vapour was a little hot, but didn't taste of spice at all, in fact, it was quite pleasant.

I held my breath and very quickly started to hear the carrier wave. This was a shock as I never expected it to be so potent or fast acting from such a small breath. I exhaled after 20 seconds or so and lay back, floating gently on the edge of hyperspace for 3 or 4 minutes or so, before coming round.

Frankly, I was amazed at the success, and I can't really imagine ever wanting to vape spice any other way now. I've no doubt that a slightly larger lungful would have gently broken me through, or that a full lungful would have been a very deep hyperspace experience.

This coming weekend I will experiment further, and will go for a proper breakthrough.

As others have said, some sublingual harmalas and small gentle puffs on this would be an awesome way to build up to a breakthrough. I will do this at some point, but want to get used to the new method with spice only before I go any further.

I'm very happy to have succeeded in using this ROA. Thanks to everyone who's contributed, and especially ducdevil for getting the ball rolling.

Happy vaping folks, here's to the future!

fathomlessness
#86 Posted : 11/1/2016 10:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

eastlancsguy wrote:

Once I'd built up the courage, I sat down and set the Mod to 500f (260c).

I'm glad that's working out for you! Isn't that temp a little high though? Also, have you thought about dissolving some FB harmalas in the mix?

eastlancsguy
#87 Posted : 11/1/2016 12:54:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
eastlancsguy wrote:

Once I'd built up the courage, I sat down and set the Mod to 500f (260c).

I'm glad that's working out for you! Isn't that temp a little high though? Also, have you thought about dissolving some FB harmalas in the mix?

It might be a little high. The temperature is one area I wasnt sure about, I read on another forum that 500f was the temp to go for, so thats where I started out. If anyone knows of the optimal temperature, please do post it here.

I've no plans to try adding harmalas into the mix just yet. Maybe in the future... :-)

paperjack
#88 Posted : 1/2/2017 12:57:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to confirm this.

Device: http://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_341141.html
Method to make spice e-liquid:
1) warm up dmt until it melts
2) add a few drops of glycerin (got from the pharmacy for 1 buck)
3) mix thoroughly, it should be very thick so don't add too much glycerin
4) suck up in syringe and pour in vape

Works wonders at 40w.
I HIGHLY raccomend this. Way better than gvg IMO

Baboon1000
#89 Posted : 1/22/2017 3:24:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
well, it happened. it was in many ways an “unintentional breakthrough”, yet it was welcomed and glorious. i wanted to put a few things out there for general sharing and perhaps some help to those who are curious.

first of all, the whole vaping with e-liquid thing has been, in my opinion, sort-of over-thought. in fact, it is not rocket science and is probably the most convenient, pleasant and safest way to blast off. there is a list of plus and minus attributes; i think the plus column is far longer than the negative. here are a few points for those who might want to investigate this ROA.

pluses:

no bad taste or flavor. in fact, it’s really up to you how you’d like it to taste. as most of you know, there are now literally tens of thousands of flavors out there. depending on the concentration ratio, it can be almost imperceptible. in the following section i give the specifics of how i went about it, regarding ratio.

very safe. nothing burning. nothing to drop or break or shatter or spill. unless your tank is leaky, it shouldn’t even be a problem if one drops the mod. and quiet too - no clicking of lighter. also, depending on how much juice is in the tank, no reloading.

portable, convenient and stealth. whether at home or out-and-about, having a vape rig is not a strange sight these days. always ready to go if there is juice in the tank, it’s almost too easy.

smooth. no harshness at all. if one already vapes, it’s no different. this can be a good thing or a cautionary exercise.

minuses:

in fact, there is only one real drawback to this method and it’s pretty obvious: dosage. with the variables involved, it is near impossible to accurately determine how much a “puff” contains. while i am an avid vape enthusiast, my days of building coils have waned with the plethora of fantastic sub ohm tanks available now. therefore, i am not really a “dripper” anymore, and have not experimented with dripping spiced juice. i suppose one could determine a dose more closely this way (counting drops per ml, etc…) but i didn’t want to get this detailed. also, the convenience factor of a pre-filled tank on a nice mod is too cool to beat!

i used the following equipment: Kanger 150watt mod, and Arctic sub ohm tank with a .5ohm coil. i used it set very low - only 50 watts (this was MORE than plenty!). i wanted to start small and discover without being too overwhelmed, my intention being multiple hits to find the right spot gradually. HA! didn’t really work out like that!

ratio was a conservative 1:6 (250mg per 1.5ml). juice was “Queenside” by Five Pawns, a lovely blood orange and cream flavor, 0mg nicotine. it is a 50/50 PG/VG blend. juice was warmed using a waterbath and the spice dissolved almost effortlessly over the course of an hour. it was placed in a small bottle and put away until i was ready.

Really good post and very informative. I think we come from the same sort of background with ecigs from the sound of it. I haven't built a dripper for ages. I like the Aspire tanks and although I've ditched rebuildables as a rule I'm interested in their 'survival kit' basically a modular kit allowing for rebuildable tanks or drippers. I'll report back on that.

Thanks for the post, it was a very interesting read and your findings are generally inline with mine. My first break through was the same ratio as you use and took me by surprise given the strengths some people seem to be mixing. I expected it to be a conservative dose. I was very, very wrong on that front!

ducdevil
#90 Posted : 1/22/2017 7:28:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey Baboon1000

thanks; i'm glad this thread has been useful. i'm glad to see it has a continued life of viewing and reference.

let's keep it alive since this ROA is, while not perfected, highly efficient.

the reason this ratio is surprisingly strong is because it is used with effective and low-ohm atomizers. a large amount of vapor can be produced this way enabling a hefty dose to be administered with a minimum of inhalations.

titration is tricky: i find this ROA comes on more slowly because of the medium. easy to get ahead of oneself - i usually pause between hits to see where i'm headed rather than just hitting it again immediately after exhale. waiting a good 10 seconds between hits seems to be a good interval, not interfering with the necessary cumulative effect.

carry on!

OrionFyre
#91 Posted : 2/14/2017 9:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been playing with my vaporizer for ~6-9months-ish off and on.

I have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I friggen love it and it's the ONLY way to launch now.

That being said, I will admit that like what others have mentioned, it is a quite variable dosing scheme.

I guess the first place to start is with my gear. I bought, on suggestion from a friend who vapes for nicotine, a Joyetech kit which comprises of:
* Joyetect eVic VTwo Mod
* Joyetech Cubis Pro Atomizer

The kit came with a lower power head which went up to 30watts. I found that this wasn't enough power and the heads would sort of 'clog-up' and easily lead to dry burnt cotton hits if you weren't careful. Avoiding this was a matter of dropping in clear e-liquid directly into the head through the mouth of the vape. Dropping in one or two drops of liquid immediately after a second hit was enough to keep this at bay. However...doing this is too complicated of a task after a couple hits Pleased

I've since changed over to the QCS head from joyetech. This head is capable of handling more power, up to 55watts, and I've found that 40watts really does improve clearing the cotton of spice and have not had the need to add juice to the cotton with this head. I do add a drop after each breakthrough though out of habit. This does cause a bit of spitback on the first hit. but I'm quite tired of burnt cotton, and can deal with the spitback better.

Now, as to dosing. I can't particularly comment on it. I mix up my spice and e-juice ad-hoc. This obviously has an impact on dosing. But I've gotten quite good at making it so that three hits is a solid breakthrough. The device is auto-limited to a 10s cutoff. My hits are probably about 3 seconds a piece, and a 10 second hit is a breakthrough. I have tended to shy away from the 1 hit breakthrough because it does dry the cotton wick out quite quickly and almost dry hits at the end.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Asher7
#92 Posted : 2/15/2017 1:42:42 AM

Professional Tracker

All I can add is I'm using a dripper, double coil 7 wraps, 3.5mm diameter.

Started at 50 watts, had two great experiences with .8mg dmt/2ml 70/30 juice (0 nic).

Dropped the wattage to 30-35 watts, and tossed some extra razor blade fb into the juice, probably at 1 gram per 2ml juice.

Ran a thin bead of juice over coils, took two hits and got destroyed. It was one of those like with salvia where you forget you actually dosed. I have been nervous to try again. Evidence would suggest the lowered temperature made a black and white change. It also erased the body load I was experiencing.

So far the only issue is accurately knowing how much of the dmt vaporized and left and how much is still in there for when you go to dose the second time.

I can't imagine a better more effective roa than this, but then again I've never tried one. Points stressed, go the absolute lowest wattage you can and still get vape and like duc said, don't rapid fire your hits because there seems to be a 10-15 second window until launch,

I may "force" myself to take another try tonight and will report back.

iracema
#93 Posted : 5/16/2017 9:50:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I finally tested this and I'm impressed it really works! It's all about calculating (A) the energy needed for vaporizing a dmt dose from the eliquid and (B) how fast the ecig's power will deliver that energy.

(A) E=M*c*∆Temp
1cal=4,2J

Lets consider 1g DMT for 2g PG ratio, so its around a 33mg dmt dose in 100mg eliquid, that's M=0,1g.
I found PG has a specific heat of c=0,6 so lets consider that as an approximation for the eliquid mix.
And the variation of temperature, lets round to 200°C for an aproximation, giving some excess compensation for efficiency loss.
[E=0,1*0,6*200=12cal=50J]
It takes, approximately, at least 50 Joules of energy to vaporize 100mg PG eliquid with 33mg DMT dose in it.

(B) E=P*∆Time so 1W= 1J/S
P=U*I so P=U^2/R
U=I*R so I=U/R

Lets consider a basic ecig like the ego-t, with a 2,3 ohm resistance and a 3,7V battery.
[P=(3,7)^2/2,3=6W]
With only 6W of power, the ego-t delivers only 6J per second of energy. For lets say a 5 seconds draw, it will deliver 30J of energy, so a couple draws would reach the energy needed for a 100mg eliquid vaporization, with 33mg dmt dose in it. That shows even the simplest of ecigs is capable of delivering enough energy, in a few long draws.

[edit]
Now, for delivering the energy in a single hit, it takes an ecig with at least 20W power, as it delivers 20J per second, a draw of 3 seconds would be enough for a full dmt dose in a 2/1 PG/DMT eliquid ratio.
[20=(3,7)^2/R so R=0,7ohm]
It takes a sub-ohm device with at least a 0,7 ohm resistance and 3,7v battery.
iracema attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170516_163158.jpg (1,034kb) downloaded 530 time(s).

Asher7
#94 Posted : 5/19/2017 6:04:33 AM

Professional Tracker

I have somewhat of a simple question and thought I would toss it out there in order to gather some opinions. When going this route, with a dripper everything is exposed to air unlike a tank which is a little more sealed up. When taking breaks inbetween your sessions what do you suppose is the cut off time to where you should toss your coil/cotton/juice in the cotton etc. and restart fresh? Being exposed to air I would think things would oxidize.

I hate to waste resources but at the same time I wouldnt eat a slice of pizza that's been sitting out for three days. I never really thought about the shelf life of untouched juice etc. sitting in cotton exposed to air. At what point do you think you just cut your losses and toss out what's in there and rebuild from new with fresh juice once your device has been sitting around untouched for awhile?

downwardsfromzero
#95 Posted : 6/22/2017 1:58:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Oxidation to the N-oxide shouldn't be too much of a problem as it is at least as potent as DMT itself. Leaving for more than a couple of months might be a problem, at least if it's exposed to warm (30°C+) temperatures on occasion. A test sample turned into intractable black tar with small, black gritty bits from an IPA solution subjected to these conditions for about 18 months.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ducdevil
#96 Posted : 8/8/2017 4:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update as promised:

someone asked a while back - can't remember the specific thread - about how long prepared spice-juice would "keep" and still remain potent.

last night i filled a tank with some 1:6 juice that was roughly 6 months old. it had been kept air tight in the fridge so mostly in the dark as well.

perfect. no loss of quality. the juice did darken a bit over time, but in the end was as good as the day it was prepared.

just thought y'all would want to know that the 60/40 PG/VG blend (no nicotine) seems to preserve the spice quite well. i don't know about room temp, although this juice was brought to room temp a few times during this period and then returned to the fridge.

for those who want to know, i used a fabulous tank: crown mini sub ohm tank, .5ohm coil (SS) at 50 watts. i could up the wattage (and will next time) but entered cautiously this time as i had no idea how the trip would be. this coil can go to 80 watts which would produce a lot of vapor.

the crown mini is one of the best tanks out there; essentially the normal Uwell crown tank, but pretty tiny with only 2ml capacity. i like that. another huge plus: this tank is, for the most part, leak-free. built like a tank. i've used it with normal juice for over a year - never leaked. i wanted the confidence that i wouldn't have to deal with precious spice-juice leaking.

the first puff was at 40 watts and produced pretty wispy vapor yet effects were felt. the next two puffs were at 50 watts. after the third, i paused and waited.

slow entry, but full entry. remember, this ROA is slower as the spice needs to be absorbed through an extra medium - the juice in your lungs.

i would suspect that at 65-70 watts 2 puffs would be sufficient. 80 watts might be too hot for the spice, but i'll let y'all know...

that's my update! cheers!

some one
#97 Posted : 5/23/2018 12:34:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used the Kangertech CL tank 2.0 with a 1:2 DMT:esig mix (50/50 PG/PV) It happened twice that I got a burned hit and broke the atomizer. Might be due to the thickness of the liquid with the DMT and the high PV ratio, combined with the fact that I inhaled for 10 seconds straight.

ducdevil, you say you need to inhale +3 times to get a breakthrough. I'd prefer inhaling 2x max and keep the power low (less heat). You said you will try to increase the power. But why not increase the DMT ratio from 1:6 to 1:2 instead?

I could give the esig approach another shot with the crown mini sub ohm tank you advice. But then I would make a 1:2 DMT/esig mix, with 100% PG (no PV). Any thoughts on this?

Also, why not go for temp control. Seems like the better option, as heat is constant (and dosing more linear against inhalation time)
some = one | here = some | there = one

ducdevil
#98 Posted : 5/23/2018 3:13:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey!

nice to see the thread is still alive!

to answer your two questions:

just my preference to have a bit of control over the dose. i'm used to using a GVG knowing exactly how much i'm vaping. with the e-juice, there's really no way of knowing how much i'm getting; i've had a couple of trips that were much stronger than i would've preferred in the past. as i've stated, the come-up is much slower (for me) using the e-cig method since the spice has to be absorbed through the carrier of the juice as opposed to straight vapor with the GVG. i remember one time thinking, "yeah...i'll take the third hit"....it turned out to be the most intense hyper-slap i've ever had. took me a while to get past that one... that's why i prefer a lower ratio, but whatever you prefer...totally your choice. just use some caution - wait 10 seconds between hits to see how it hits you.

i'm just not into temp control. no other reason really. i've never had a problem with a burnt hit. i use a 60/40 blend, no nicotine. it's possible the extra 10% of VG helps buffer the heat a bit. juices that are more weighted towards PG seems to "sizzle" a bit more when drawing. that might be your culprit.

anyway - good luck!

some one
#99 Posted : 5/31/2018 12:37:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand if you want to stick to a winning formula that works.. But here you say:

Quote:
with a 1:6 ratio, .5ohm at 48-50 watts, 2 hits takes me really deep, 3rd hit and i'm there.

To me taking a 3th hit is really confusing, not nice.. A big bad no-go. I prefer 1, or 2 hits max. This makes a 1:6 ratio not optimal. If you use this low ratio to avoid getting in too much in 1 or 2 hits due to the uncontrollable dosage, you really should consider using temp control.

Temp control keeps the amount of vapor output constant. If you inhale for 10 seconds, the first second gives as much vapor as the last second. In wattage mode, the coil keeps heating up. This means the last seconds give much more vapor than the first. Meaning: how fast you suck and for how long drastically effects how much you get. I think temp control is the solution to the uncontrollable dosage issue.

So, then you can ramp up the DMT ratio without worrying about getting in too much uncontrollably. But.. When you increase the DMT ratio, the e-liquid becomes thicker. I've had 2 burned coils because of this and I am not the only one:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=884072&#post884072

I think we should be using more PG (or only PG) at higher DMT ratio's. This makes the e-liquid less thick (viscous). Yes it needs to be thick enough not to leak, but at higher DMT ratio's the DMT substitutes the lack of VG, while both together might be too tick.

And for this reason also:

Quote:
I'm now at the last few draws of my tank. I have 93 puffs on the counter. I can take 10 puffs of the 93 due the fact that i have misfired a few times. There is still a bit in the tank for around 8-10 puffs. So to do the math 1000mg / 90 puffs = 11mg. But at the end my mixture get more reddish instead of my golden color from where i started. This could be that the VG evaps quicker then the PG that bounded with the spice. This i can acknowledge, if i take a draw now from my mod box it's getting more crazier then in the beginning of this tank. It's like my first 2ml was very consistent in potency and now the last ml is getting stronger and stronger. I do have now a different feeling in my throat. This could be that there is indeed more PG then the PG/VG mixture. I've have had a few very crazy low dossage trips with some crazy open eye visuals this last few draws. I still haven't go for a 3 pull breakthrough (i ain't got the balls atm and the time for a good setting)

I now have to extract a new badge of spice to make a new tank. I'm thinking for a 100% PG or a 70/30 PG/VG on my next mixture of the e-juice. I want to make it more potent then it is now. In a range of 1.5g spice in the 3ml tank. This should be around 16mg per puff.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=838046#post838046

Quote:
DMT dissolves well in PG, not well in VG. 1ml of PG can dissolve 1g DMT (1:1 ratio), so 1ml of 50/50 PG/VG can dissolve 500mg DMT (1:2 ratio). Warm and stir when dissolving DMT. A 1:6 DMT to e-juice ratio (167mg DMT dissolved in 1ml of 50/50 PG/VG) is reported to work at 50 Watts with 2-3 inhalations.

If you don't manage to breakthrough in 2 inhalations, increase the DMT concentration to 1:4 (250mg DMT/ml), 1:3 (333mg DMT/ml), or 1:2 (500mg DMT/ml). Don't go 1:1. VG and DMT make the solution thicker. This could block your tank. The more DMT, the higher the PG/VG ratio must be. For an 1:6 DMT ratio, use at least 60/40 (or less VG). For 1:4 to 1:3 DMT ratio, use 70/30 PG/VG (or less VG). For a 1:2 DMT ratio, use 100% PG. More PG results in less vapor and a harsher taste (bigger throat hit). Warning: its hard to control the dosage! Always start with weak power settings and small inhalations.

Someone who isn't me (fo realz) needs to test a 1:3 or 1:2 DMT to e-fluid ratio with only PG and report how it worked, on taste and if any leakage occurred. Let's get em one hit wonders going!

Thumbs up Big grin

Update: people report 100% PG to be too hot and hash. Best use 70/30 PG/VG. Some people use 50/50 but for some atomizers this ratio with high amounts of DMT such as 1:2 can block the atomizer.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Psychedelic Energy
#100 Posted : 11/17/2018 2:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the idea of this and will be giving a shot sometime soon. I do love my gvg and am able to vape a breakthrough in one hit, but with the simple way of just pressing a button to achieve that breakthrough. This way is also awesome for those that find it to smoke or use the gvg.

I have been curious on what purity of DMT everyone has been using when putting in your PG/VG mix?

Also if you used Mimosa or Acacia DMT?

«PREV3456NEXT