We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Why did you choose your name? Options

Asher7
#41 Posted : 6/18/2017 10:01:50 AM

Professional Tracker

Asher7.

Well it was on a whim really but now that I'm on the spot here's what my thinking at the time was. One, it's a verb and that right there proves I'm really cool.Cool It's just a common theme in the ashes to ashes sense. You know, life seems so long and at times you can forget the "goods", but when you clear up and think, the reaper is on us piggy back and all it takes is a flash before you're ash. Just like that.

Also, back in the day I've had some of my best meetings, convos, no word just eye contact mutual realizations with the person next to me ashing a bowl or blunt, joint, whatever so there's that sort of reference to when you ash some fire bud and...then you're back on track.

The number seven of course is considered as perfection or completeness. So, ashes to ashes and welcome back to being whole again for awhile.

Plus it would make a doap tag if you're down with the spray paints.

Edit*
Asher7 wrote:
..and all it takes is a flash before you're ash. Just like that.

Do you think Flasher7 would paint the wrong picture? You think people's minds might start wandering and get the wrong idea?Smile Rolling eyes

Yeah I'm stupid, so what...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mustelid
#42 Posted : 6/18/2017 11:08:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've enjoyed reading these and learning a tiny bit about fellow Nexians.

Mine came from my first classic psychedelic experience on fairly large dose of fresh cyanescens. A portion of that trip involved a fairly persistent hallucination of transforming into a ferret, which was an amazing experience, being in my normal surroundings, but interacting with them as a different species.

Nature Boy
#43 Posted : 6/18/2017 1:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nature Boy.

As a small child - and from as far back as I can remember, I was enthralled and curious about the natural world...ants, butterflies, moths, flowers, birds, frogs, snakes, clouds, stars, moon and sun held intense interest for me. As an adult I still love being outdoors, surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature...buzzing flies, rustling leaves, chirping birds. In fact, my most favorite and memorable (ahem) "experiences" have been located in our private and secure poolside garden where the aforementioned sounds assure me that the consensual "real world" is still present while I'm being overwhelmed by closed eye psychedelia.

Psilosopher?
#44 Posted : 6/18/2017 4:50:10 PM

Don't Panic

downwardsfromzero wrote:
OP:
Psilosopher? wrote:
I made up Bodhisativa because it made me laugh, and i like puns.

It's also inspired from an actual experience where i became a temporary Buddha through ganja.

Now you've changed your name, can you say something for us about it? It seems fairly obvious, though Big grin

Because i'm such a fake philosopher, and i like shrooms. The question mark is all Trav.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Macre
#45 Posted : 6/18/2017 7:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Macre (pronounced Mak-Rah) is an abbreviation of my real name. Imagine I was called Matt Creston, or Martin Cresswell, or Macauley Redenza etc etc. I'm not called any of those things by the way.

Peace

Malaki Creed (Joke)
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

downwardsfromzero
#46 Posted : 6/20/2017 10:26:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Psilosopher? wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
OP:
Psilosopher? wrote:

It's also inspired from an actual experience where i became a temporary Buddha through ganja.

Now you've changed your name, can you say something for us about it? It seems fairly obvious, though Big grin

Because i'm such a fake philosopher, and i like shrooms. The question mark is all Trav.

The construction parallels your previous moniker in being another drug-based pun, of course. And then, on the etymological level, the puns are nothing to do with 'drugs'. Were you once edible and enlightened? Are you now a lover of baldness? Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Psilosopher?
#47 Posted : 6/21/2017 2:13:09 AM

Don't Panic

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Psilosopher? wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
OP:
Psilosopher? wrote:

The construction parallels your previous moniker in being another drug-based pun, of course. And then, on the etymological level, the puns are nothing to do with 'drugs'. Were you once edible and enlightened? Are you now a lover of baldness? Very happy

I am most certainly edible. Might get kuru, if you eat me though.

Enlightened? I've had experiences, i've had my mind awakened, so to speak. I wouldn't say i'm enlightened. I don't think enlightenment is a singular moment. It's the state of constant awareness of everything. I'm still too tethered to this material world. As for baldness, my hair is almost up to my arse, so very not bald.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 3/22/2023 8:59:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bump for some of our newer full members. How did you choose your online moniker here?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Toshido
#49 Posted : 3/22/2023 9:26:05 PM

Research & Development

Well it's the name I chose in 2019 as I thought I'd just be popping in for some quick tips. But I desperately need it changed as it is associated with a few of my other accounts and that's not good, especially since I've been posting TEK pictorials. JustB612 said he put a note for the Mods, but I know only Trav can change and I know he's busy.

I will be changing it to Toshido, which means "The Wise Path" or "The Intelligent Way" in Japanese.

Kind of an all encompassing homage to respecting an entheogen and using it as a medicine to help you discover something about yourself or to simply use it for any type of healing purpose, as well as committing yourself to being knowledgable about hallucinogenic plants before consuming them.

I have never put anything inside of my system without first heavily getting to know (researching/studying/learning) the plant.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Homo Trypens
#50 Posted : 3/22/2023 10:15:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

It's been a while since i thought of myself as a new member Smile

I'm newer than any previous activity in this thread though, so here we go.

Homo Trypens is a play on Homo sapiens, tripping, and tryptamines. I don't remember the exact circumstances of how i came up with it. It was a spontaneous thought which made me chuckle, and so i committed.

I only signed up because i wanted to see the attached images and PDFs, reading up for my first DMT extraction. I didn't initially have any plans of posting, partly because i was never a forum person, partly because i didn't think i had anything to add. It took over a year between signup and my first post. First time i came to chat was the day i saw your lovely PM welcoming me to full membership, a few more months later.

In that PM, you elaborated on how my nick abbreviates to HT, which reminded you of 5-HT. This was in no way something i consciously intended, in fact i had never heard about 5-HT before (not that term anyway, of course i had a faint idea about serotonin and that some of the same receptors are involved in tripping).
It was one more reason to be happy with my choice!

When i chose this name, i was aware that the "Homo" part would cause different associations in some people. I don't mind that, i like a little bit of ambiguity, and even in my offline life some are surprised when they learn that i'm not gay.
What i didn't expect though was that many would read trypens as "try pens". In my head (where the default language is german), it's pronounced "trippehns".

Voidmatrix
#51 Posted : 3/23/2023 12:51:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

For me, I was being paradoxical: A matrix of voids, as if there are different types and subsets of emptiness as there are for infinities (set theory).

It's also a term used in some mathematics: "Null or void matrix - A matrix in which all the elements are 0, is known as a null matrix. Identity matrix"

I didn't come across this though until much later as my love for math (through logic) has grown over time.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Toshido
#52 Posted : 3/23/2023 1:03:27 AM

Research & Development

Homo Trypens wrote:

What i didn't expect though was that many would read trypens as "try pens". In my head (where the default language is german), it's pronounced "trippehns".

Guilty as charged! Now I know!

Voidmatrix wrote:
It's also a term used in some mathematics: "Null or void matrix - A matrix in which all the elements are 0, is known as a null matrix. Identity matrix"

I quite love your screen name. It's just fun to say and certainly isn't "devoid" of coolness.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 3/23/2023 2:13:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

widderic wrote:
Well it's the name I chose in 2019 as I thought I'd just be popping in for some quick tips. But I desperately need it changed as it is associated with a few of my other accounts and that's not good, especially since I've been posting TEK pictorials. JustB612 said he put a note for the Mods, but I know only Trav can change and I know he's busy.

I will be changing it to Toshido, which means "The Wise Path" or "The Intelligent Way" in Japanese.

Kind of an all encompassing homage to respecting an entheogen and using it as a medicine to help you discover something about yourself or to simply use it for any type of healing purpose, as well as committing yourself to being knowledgable about hallucinogenic plants before consuming them.

I have never put anything inside of my system without first heavily getting to know (researching/studying/learning) the plant.

Yours was one of the names I particularly wondered about. 'Widder' is German for 'ram' as in male sheep, and thereby the name for the astrological sign Aries. -ic is then a derivative suffix. So that's what your name means to me - I imagine you having a bouffant hairstyle like a sheep (un mouton bouffant?)

Toshido
#54 Posted : 3/23/2023 3:09:37 AM

Research & Development

Hahah I got a laugh out of that. I actually didn't know that! But I do indeed have plenty of german in me.

PsyloCiBeen
#55 Posted : 3/23/2023 9:09:38 AM

In Silence I Been

Orange Energy thats awesome, the second chakra, Svadhistana, is located at the sacral and pelvic area and it's colour is indeed orange, so thats a wonderful story that gives me goosebumps. I also like your avatar, it is the Sri Yantra, any reason why you chose it? check out one of my posts/polls I write under "Methods for exploring conciousness" on the Oregon Desert Sri Yantra, I would appreciate your insights there too.

mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

PsyloCiBeen
#56 Posted : 3/23/2023 9:38:58 AM

In Silence I Been

I love this thread and thanks for the bump dwfz for us newer members to add to (of course Im not that new, but I was really overjoyed to get full membership status, it was one of the highlights of my year that year even though it was in the midst of the pandemic), so awesome to learn about many of your cool names.

PsyloCiBeen is of course in honour of my favourite psychedelic at the time when I created it; the psilocybin present in magic fungi. The little gods have truly been my greatest teacher up till then, the sacrament responsible for my most sacred trips to date, and the ones who freed me from the depths of my addiction (see my intro essay for the full story first do harmalas). So it is in honour to the Little Gods but also to psychedelia. I tried to merge the two words.

And of course I believe like Terrence that the most meaningful trips one can have with the mushroom (also far far more intense) is in silent darkness and as my tagline shows PysloCiBeen is a play on the phrase I concoted "In Silence I Been", because I have managed to be in silence listening to the plant teachers. Of course to be truly silent with the mind is the real hard work of the psychonaut. Hidden in the name is also a nod to my real world name, but of course you will never guess that, said Rumplestiltskin :-D

three cheers to our ultra cool and interestingly named psychonautic friends who inhabit the Nexus... some of y'all are too deep, my word haha
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

Emb
#57 Posted : 3/23/2023 9:52:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is awesome, it shows all your creative potential Very happy

Mine is kind of a wildcard... Ether-Mind-Body, Esoteric Meditation and Breathing, Energy Manipulation and Balancing, Egregore Manifestation Banishing... I try to have fun with It Big grin

It EMBodies what You/I want, to serve what You/I need ~

Pandora
#58 Posted : 3/23/2023 2:22:22 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Fun thread. My username has been my username on registration sites since before the beginning of the world wide web. It describes me and my life perfectly.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

justB612
#59 Posted : 3/23/2023 2:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

love the numbe 612 somehow it feels like it includes every other number in itself, b is my name basically, and just stands for nothing more, its just me Smile

612 also the little princes planet so,

_nx is something often seen where i go, if i help a situation and want to be anonymous, i'll drop a b612 or a _nx somewhere there as a mark
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

abecedarian
#60 Posted : 3/23/2023 2:35:51 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/abecedarian

abecedarian
[ ey-bee-see-dair-ee-uhn ]

noun
a person who is learning the letters of the alphabet.
a beginner in any field of learning.
adjective
of or relating to the alphabet.
arranged in alphabetical order.
rudimentary; elementary; primary.

noun
a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
adjective
alphabetically arranged

I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

PREV1234NEXT