We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

skoobysnax
#201 Posted : 9/27/2016 4:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
xa wrote:
Yes, let us know Smile

1.365G of thick amber jimjam that smells super sweet. This round did not crystallize Wut?

I took this goo and re-disolved in IPA yesterday, let it settle again and filtered that through a funnel with cotton in the spout. The IPA was super clear of undissolvables. I added an equal amount of super clean rue extracted harmalas and an equal amount of organic mullien. To this i added a small pinch each of sacred lotus extract and passionflower extract to help soak up the IPA as it was boiling off a bit. Shouldn't be long now before its ready...

At long last I sampled 100mg of this changa. Taste wasn't superb but it was smooth as silk s far as harshness goes. Def not a breakthrough but not underwhelming either, I worked through the bowl over the course of 5 min or so. What I got was a great meditation changa. Seated in the garden the energy of everything around me became very apparent. I am glad to have his one, I am sure if I took it all in one toke it would have gone deeper but I was cautious as I have never had coffee before changa and today I had Yerba mate followed by 2 big cups of joe my wife brought me when I was packing the kids for class.

I sincerely hope that this tek gets a good write up for the WIKI
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

skoobysnax
#202 Posted : 9/27/2016 4:54:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
xa wrote:
Yes, let us know Smile

1.365G of thick amber jimjam that smells super sweet. This round did not crystallize Wut?

I took this goo and re-disolved in IPA yesterday, let it settle again and filtered that through a funnel with cotton in the spout. The IPA was super clear of undissolvables. I added an equal amount of super clean rue extracted harmalas and an equal amount of organic mullien. To this i added a small pinch each of sacred lotus extract and passionflower extract to help soak up the IPA as it was boiling off a bit. Shouldn't be long now before its ready...

At long last I sampled 100mg of this changa. Taste wasn't superb but it was smooth as silk s far as harshness goes. Def not a breakthrough but not underwhelming either, I worked through the bowl over the course of 5 min or so. What I got was a great meditation changa. Seated in the garden the energy of everything around me became very apparent. I am glad to have his one, I am sure if I took it all in one toke it would have gone deeper but I was cautious as I have never had coffee before changa and today I had Yerba mate followed by 2 big cups of joe my wife brought me when I was packing the kids for class.

I sincerely hope that this tek gets a good write up for the WIKI
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

DreaMTripper
#203 Posted : 9/28/2016 1:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a good full spec acrb extract. It does seem to crank up in intensity exponentially
when you increase the ammount.

Nicita
#204 Posted : 9/29/2016 6:05:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to report my final yield of the 25g extraction

About 400mg of red-orange viscose goo, but I'm pretty sure there was still lime in there.

~25mg vaped proved to be fairly active

What I don't like is how much solvent this methods needs (I used about 400ml isopropanol), so I was thinking of alternative ways using the same chemicals:

>making 3+ boils with a little acetic
>reducing to very small volume
>mix with lime
>dry
>pull with alcohol

Should use much less base and solvent

xa
#205 Posted : 11/27/2016 10:52:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me too was think to made many acid boils/filter combine and evaporate to menage a little raw extract and use less solvent, and maybe more clean.
Can be possible also to make acid boils etc etc... and then basify the residue and made a pull, for get more trapped in the solid bark residue and combine after.

Is possible also to introduce a defat stage after the acid boils ?

I've no time to do this...but i have a good bark now...maybe in future.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

downwardsfromzero
#206 Posted : 12/4/2016 9:01:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here is a little hint about ethanol. If you are only able to find bioethanol denatured with MEK, the MEK can be removed with a half a teaspoonful of powdered sodium metabisulfite per litre. Swirl daily for a few days, allow to settle, then decant and preferably filter.

You may still have to distil away from any bittering agent but a pinch of activated charcoal should take care of that too, come to think of it. That could be added at the same time as the bisulfite.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

slewb
#207 Posted : 1/14/2017 4:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if it is safe to smoke sodium acetate or calcium acetate?

I and a few others in this thread have reported crystals from this procedure or similar procedures and I'm thinking that is probably what those crystals are. I did an extraction (IPA pull(Dry(lime + brew(acrb + vinegar)))) and even after redissolving in minimal 91% IPA there are still some crystals forming.

Has anyone found an effective method for washing the product with water? I have tried with a small amount but the stuff is oily and hard to separate from the water.

Possibly it would be better to avoid the use of vinegar altogether. Or would other stuff in the plant form calcium/sodium salts also? I remember a while ago I did not use vinegar and the oil was clear and free of crystals.

skoobysnax
#208 Posted : 1/14/2017 6:37:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
Does anyone know if it is safe to smoke sodium acetate or calcium acetate?

I and a few others in this thread have reported crystals from this procedure or similar procedures and I'm thinking that is probably what those crystals are. I did an extraction (IPA pull(Dry(lime + brew(acrb + vinegar)))) and even after redissolving in minimal 91% IPA there are still some crystals forming.

Has anyone found an effective method for washing the product with water? I have tried with a small amount but the stuff is oily and hard to separate from the water.

Possibly it would be better to avoid the use of vinegar altogether. Or would other stuff in the plant form calcium/sodium salts also? I remember a while ago I did not use vinegar and the oil was clear and free of crystals.

Wouldnt any acetates be converted during basing? I redissolved my crytals in 99%IPA
and filtered out anything that didnt dissolve. Let that pur settle and wait for any solids suspended to settle for 24 hrs, then decanted into the tray. With MHRB i got reddish gooey needles. ACRB yielded a thick goo. Both made a fine changa.

Why am I here?

slewb
#209 Posted : 1/14/2017 10:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not really a chemistry guy but according to Wikipedia:
"[Sodium acetate] is sometimes produced in a laboratory experiment by the reaction of acetic acid, commonly in the 5–8% solution known as vinegar, with sodium carbonate ("washing soda"Pleased, sodium bicarbonate ("baking soda"Pleased, or sodium hydroxide ("lye"Pleased."

and:
"Calcium acetate can be prepared by soaking calcium carbonate (found in eggshells, or in common carbonate rocks such as limestone or marble) or hydrated lime in vinegar."

They are created during the addition of your base to the acidic solution.

I can't get 99% ipa where I live so maybe acetone would be an option... but anyone using high proof drinking alcohol would probably end up with some in their product right? Both are very soluble in water.

slewb
#210 Posted : 2/25/2017 7:33:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leaving the goo/acetate crystals in water for a day and stirring occasionally, then drying, redissolving in IPA and filtering got rid of the suspected calcium acetate and I'm left with clear red goo. I'd guess the same thing could be used for sodium acetate as well.

skoobysnax
#211 Posted : 2/26/2017 3:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Slewb! Let's hear about your bioessay! I have a batch iof changa made with MHRB that is extremely powerful/teacher shakedown the ego spice and one made with ACRB I suspect has more NMT and is more mediatative and relaxing.

Why am I here?

Nicita
#212 Posted : 6/20/2017 9:14:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicita wrote:

>making 3+ boils with a little acetic
>reducing to very small volume
>mix with lime
>dry
>pull with alcohol

So I followed up on this idea last year.

>150g MHRB cooked 3 times with acetic acid
>combined and reduced
>added ~150g Calcium hydroxide
>dried in gentle heat (close to a wood stove)
>pulverized
>loaded in Soxhlet (100ml chamber), 1/3rd of total material filled the filter envelope
>added 500ml IPA to flask
>cycled for 120 minutes
>solvent first turned green, later brown
>repeat 2 times with fresh material and solvent
>combined pulls
>distilled off excess solvent
>evaporated reduced extraction in a pyrex dish

The yield was ~3,4g of viscous wax, smelling very spicy
I infused it into
b. caapi leafes+lions tail+blue lotus /crude b. caapi leaf extract /
1:1:1 resulting in ~10g fine changa
Residue from resolving the wax in IPA was minimal (<100mg), so there seem to be little Ca impurities.

About 100-150mg of this combined with full oral MAO inhibition gives a deep but gentle experience.
It feels quite different to crystalline DMT + MAO'Is, visuals always with black background, very fine and delicate fractal structures, deep connection to stars and space, always elves around.
They were very friendly and welcoming to me. Big grin Big grin

Due to distilling, the solvent use is minimal (around 200ml lost to evaporation) and the full spectrum extract seems to pull a lot of the mimosas magic.
From activity alone, I'd suspect the wax to be between 60-80% DMT.
Further purification could be easily done, but I don't really see the necessity. Maybe a little to determine purity.

All in all I really like this way of working without strong bases and petrochemicals.

I didn't take pictures, sorry.

Hope you find this information valuable Wink

downwardsfromzero
#213 Posted : 6/20/2017 10:15:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Hope you find this information valuable Wink

Thanks for that concise write up. It's answered the question I was pondering only a few days ago, of whether calcium carbonate is a viable base for these kinds of processes. It is indeed - it's very low solubility is apparently of little consequence, and may even be quite helpful.

Thumbs up

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

endlessness
#214 Posted : 6/20/2017 10:58:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicita, thanks for sharing!

Btw, you really meant calcium carbonate, not calcium hydroxide, yes?

downwardsfromzero
#215 Posted : 6/20/2017 11:31:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

^That would be kinda revolutionary, thinking about it, although calcium carbonate is sometimes used as a base in organic chemistry, so why not?

Nicita
#216 Posted : 6/20/2017 11:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

D***, of cause I meant Ca(OH)2, calcium hydroxide... Thank you for pointing that out, I don't why I mixed that up Embarrased

I'll just change that real quickRazz

downwardsfromzero
#217 Posted : 6/21/2017 12:04:43 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nicita wrote:
D***, of cause I meant Ca(OH)2, calcium hydroxide... Thank you for pointing that out, I don't why I mixed that up Embarrased

I'll just change that real Razz

*weeps quietly into keyboard*

themtea
#218 Posted : 8/3/2017 2:37:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would this tek work with Chacruna/Viridis leaves? Anyone have tried this tek on Chacruna?

endlessness
#219 Posted : 8/3/2017 4:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I havent done it but yes it should def work.. cant guarantee you what the final product will look like, may be more or less gooey, one color or another, but dmt will def come across to the final product, you can always infuse herbs/changa with the resulting product if its not dry enough to be manageable.

skoobysnax
#220 Posted : 8/16/2017 4:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicita wrote:
endlessness wrote:

I'll just change that real quickRazz

Do you think calcium carbonate would work? I have a nice bag of powdered eggshells which are around 95% calcium carbonate.
EDIT:
Did my research, looks like NOPE. Eggshells will go to my tomatoes.

Why am I here?

«PREV910111213NEXT»