We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Time Going Quickly Options

dragonrider
#21 Posted : 5/29/2017 2:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever you say:"i'm too busy for X", time will go faster. Time goes slower when you takeyour time for things that matter.

You've got to love progress, as in the stone age, you would have been dead at 30, or realy an old and tired man. But taking your time for things like friends and family is realy one of those things, we modern people are not so good at anymore.

We learn to Always hurry, and to be efficient. Not to 'waste' any time, as some call it. Unlike when we where young, and thought we had all the time.
But maybe we only had all the time, because we believed it and lived like it, and took all the time.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RAM
#22 Posted : 6/19/2017 7:09:43 AM

Hail the keys!

Well it has been a month since I first created this thread, and that month seems to have flown by.

While I have done and accomplished a lot, it still feels like time is slipping away.

I did notice one interesting thing though: much of this perception comes from thinking during a longer event, "this event will be over soon," and then remembering that I had that thought after the event is actually over. As all events eventually end and I think about this a lot, it is easy for it to feel like the time has gone by too quickly.

However, this usually only happens when I dissociate myself between when I have that initial thought and when I reflect on that thought after the event is over. If I force myself to continue thinking about the passage of time, especially during difficult events, time will seem much longer as I am constantly self-aware and thinking about what I'm doing.

Maybe living in a state of constant awareness (of time) is a fuller way to live life, but this is hard and often frustrating, particularly with activities that require full attention. I will see if I can try this out... Let's hope our years don't fly by before we return to this thread and say, "whoa, that was fast!"

"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

PREV12