We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Doing DMT while of a young age vs an old age Options

RabidLabMouse
#21 Posted : 5/5/2017 11:53:36 PM

Half in jest, all in seriousness.

I wasn't introduced to DMT (or any psychedelic for that matter) until my mid-30s. Personally, I feel grateful that I wasn't exposed until then. I was a very different person. Very, very different. All of my DMT experiences have been wholly positive. Might they have been less so if I'd done it younger? Knowing who I was back then, I'm inclined to think so.

The thought that one's experience might change with age kind of excites me. I am not a static creature and I hope that my interactions with DMT aren't either, that they will grow with me. I enjoy what I've already seen. I hope there's more.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ys
#22 Posted : 5/6/2017 1:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitri and I met when I was 16, near 17.
Mushrooms and I met when I was 16
LSD and I met when I was 17
MDMA and I met when I was 17
Ganja and I met when I was 14

I'm now 21 and have tapered off all including ganja, which once was casual and social, yet has evolved into a deep entheogenic catapult with a newfound respect and openness keen to experience her power.

As for all the others, I've always had a deep reverence for their power and efficacy in the obscure work that their virtue enables. The intent has always been exploration and expansion of consciousness. Many facets of this core principle unfold depending on environment, and relative psychological states of the individual partaking. I've tripped at home alone, I've tripped with people in a quiet setting, I've tripped in nature, I've tripped in the city, music festivals, foreign countries...single most fucking confounding amazing shit ever point blank, best thing to ever happen to me

I'd still be a square with a comfortably numbing bore of a life with a snarky outlook on my myopic view of the world. Thank you, entheogens.

DMT is something that I believe may become more and more confounding, and more peaceful, with age and wisdom that hopefully follows aging. I imagine this also goes for other psychedelics as well. Including Ganja. However, DMT in particular piques my interest in this regard, due to its fast onset and the cleanliness of it. I first heard of DMT when a friend of mine on the other coast imparted to me that he had been blasting to Shiva's lair inbetween classes at highschool...so I suppose in between having ones ass wiped at the nursing home one could sneak a toke from the GVG and be down before too long, smiling mischievously

I am certainly one to revisit these things, as to not "lose touch with what we've learned" someone so eloquently delineated prior

blessings

Felnik
#23 Posted : 5/6/2017 5:14:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm 52 and still going at the spice fairly regularly.
Its still part of my deeply personal ritual practice.
I sometimes ask myself why I still do it at all but its really become part of my life in such a strange way.
It's definitely tied in to my whole ritual practice of hiking deep into nature and connecting to the force
through the use of the spice and meditation.
I'm not sure how my age contributes to all this other than I'm very cautious and do draw on my life experience
in my understanding of my trips.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Kerberos
#24 Posted : 5/17/2017 7:11:49 PM

Michael

starway6 wrote:
.but even many people with heart health risks.. still do spice and dont have a serious problem...

Gota ride the wave while you still can!Thumbs up

Like Gibran 2 i came to the spice late in life also after a heart attack and having a stent inserted, it is also the only psychedelic i have experienced. I dont know what i would of thought of the experience as a young person, however as a person in their mid 50s i think i am better equipped mentally and emotionally to enjoy the experience in a more rounded way.

I may also be talking complete rubbish as i have no younger self experiences to compare!
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Nature Boy
#25 Posted : 5/31/2017 12:30:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in my middle 60's and have been vaporizing self-extracted DMT freebase and various concoctions of harmala infused changa for almost a decade (9 years this July). Other than being a bit more circumspect about the frequency and dosage, I still experience the thrill of the experience. I DO worry about the status of my older corporeal self while my mind is "away" and sometimes wish I had a close family member or friend to watch over it while I trip, but so far, none has been needed. I'm still here. Big grin

In terms of what I take away from the experience - I'm sad to say that six and a half decades of experience with the persistent illusion of consensual reality makes it hard for me to conclude that the DMT experience is anything more than a transient drug-induced journey into a fun-house. I take no spiritual growth or meaning from it, with one possible exception. I have a sense that as anoxia overtakes my brain at the time I draw my final breath, the experience will be very familiar and therefore less frightening. I draw comfort from that belief.

DoingKermit
#26 Posted : 5/31/2017 12:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great to see you still kicking about the forum, Nature Boy Smile

I definitely feel like I get more out of the psychedelic experience now compared to when I was younger. I am much more settled in myself for the most part and trust myself and the substances more as well. I had a good 4 year gap in my twenties (i'm 34 now) where I just didn't feel the need to take them. This may have been from my friends at the time not respecting them, causing them more harm than good.

I am glad I had that break. Even though I have been taking psychs for many years, I feel like the journey has only just begun.

Nature Boy
#27 Posted : 5/31/2017 11:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
Great to see you still kicking about the forum, Nature Boy Smile

Thanks, brother! I've been keeping an atypically low profile on all the forums in which I used to participate. There's a myriad of reasons, none of which are on-topic for this thread with the exception of one, so I won't bore you with the laundry list.

I will say this, though...as you get older and come to the end of your work-life, preservation of accumulated assets takes on more importance than sharing what is no doubt redundant knowledge and experience. I've reached that point. It occurred to me awhile back that it was time to allow other, younger bucks to take the lead, and time for me to keep and maintain a substantially lower profile. Frankly, there have been very few topics that needed my input since there's nothing new under the sun, really - but I made the exception in this case due to the perceived value of my data point as a senior who still, from time to time, partakes of psychedelics.

Make no mistake, though. I'm still here. I'm lurking. I'm tripping (from time to time). And I'm smiling, BIG time. Very happy

Much love to all,

N.B.

starway6
#28 Posted : 6/1/2017 7:52:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im in these two videos at goose lake music fest 1970 walking around stoned!..
Back then it was ..incence .. cool music and cool friends..oh and i forgot lots of acid!

in fun..the name we called the cops was ..the honkers...Big grin

..drunks were known as ..juicers..and we were known as hippies or heads!

have read lots of freak brothers comix!

anyone remember...the cut ..fresh garbabe.or straight arrow...by ..clear spirit?

It was a fun time ill never forget and dont regret..

when tripping then i felt i was gaining a wisdom about the world and i was to some extent....
many moody blues lyrics are permanantly in my head.. the hundreds of times i played then tripping..

now that my odomiter is up.. big deal..i havent changed a bit...

except now my mind is even hungryer to learn more..

Goose Lake International Music Festival, Jackson, MI - YouTube
Video for goose lake music fest 1970...you tube▶ 2:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WoiuP5yvUM
Nov 7, 2012 - Uploaded by Geoff Chisholm
Taken from the fan-compiled DVD, "They Even Tried To Buy My Song- Iggy ... and The Stooges- 1970 (Goose ...
Video of resident reaction to Goose Lake music fest and ... - YouTube
Video for goose lake music fest 1970...you tube▶ 1:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhFvDpeJ4h4
Aug 4, 2015 - Uploaded by MLive
Video of resident reaction to Goose Lake music fest and response ... and a response on the Goose Lake ...

burn slowly the candel of life!!

skoobysnax
#29 Posted : 6/1/2017 9:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I first did LSD at 16 and had no clue about setting an intention or how to respect any substance. I did a lot of LSD and mushys and anything I could obtain.

At 27 i was a full blown addict struggling hard. Losing careers, family, becoming homeless etc... I had been a ringleader of artists, doing shows etc... All that fit in the end of a crackpipe and I had nothing. Then I was arrested trying to cop and got clean while on probation out of fear of doing real time. Tried fixing my life with a relationship and became a dad.

At 30 I found recovery but was a serial relapser. I made a lot of strides in getting better and spent more time clean than I did using. Under stress of relationships and life I would sometimes falter.

At 40 I had finally ceased all use of alcohol and hard drugs (you can read all this in my noob intro) I was adulting in every way. parenthood, marriage, running my business and learning to heal my life as an inside job with no quick fixes. Being an honest hard working man.

DMT found me in 2012 shortly after another creative partner of mine and I began to discuss how it might be interesting to try psychedelics again with the wisdom of age and life experience. I researched a lot, found out about the Shulgins and their approach, started reading here on the Nexus (yay attitude page!!) long before trying the DMT I had acquired and began this journey that has enriched my life tremendously. No longer using drugs but using ENTHEOGENS.
An important difference as Nick Sand points out here http://psychedelicfronti...-bit-more-dmt-nick-sand/ "Once I was chatting with Jonathan Ott when I had dropped in on an Entheobotany conference at Palenque. At the time I had been underground for about 30 years, and a fugitive for about 20. No one knew who I was. We were discussing sacraments, and I used the word “psychedelic.” Jonathan responded, “We prefer to use the word entheogen.” I replied, “When it is used sacramentally, then it is an entheogen. Until then, it is just a psychedelic, or perhaps only just a drug.”

More caution yes. More intention yes. Purpose and innovation of self. The YOGA of my existence.

I am very very near 5o yrs old, a grandfather as of this year and still very young at heart. Learning to cultivate relationships with plants, learning how to set intentions and prepare my mind and body. Yoga, meditation, journaling to review growth over time as a process. If I had only had the guidance as a youth my decade of STUPID could have been avoided perhaps. But my path is my path and all these things have molded me into the being I am and the darkness has been my greatest teacher as I emerge into the light more and more. WAHEGURU!!!
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Gowpen
#30 Posted : 6/5/2017 1:45:01 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Nature Boy wrote:

I will say this, though...as you get older and come to the end of your work-life, preservation of accumulated assets takes on more importance than sharing what is no doubt redundant knowledge and experience. I've reached that point. It occurred to me awhile back that it was time to allow other, younger bucks to take the lead, and time for me to keep and maintain a substantially lower profile. Frankly, there have been very few topics that needed my input since there's nothing new under the sun, really - but I made the exception in this case due to the perceived value of my data point as a senior who still, from time to time, partakes of psychedelics.

Make no mistake, though. I'm still here. I'm lurking. I'm tripping (from time to time). And I'm smiling, BIG time. Very happy

Much love to all,

N.B.

What Nature Boy said.....
(52- when I discovered DMT. 59 soon and Still learning)
G Smile
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

mad_banshee
#31 Posted : 6/16/2017 2:21:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm almost 65 and I still enjoy the journeys. I've abstained the past few months but sometimes its like that....sometimes I journey a few times a week, sometimes not so often. I'm beginning to feel the pull back in though. I usually drink some rue tea before I journey to make the entry less explosive and the journey longer. Many evenings I feel like its easier to chill with a few glasses of wine than to take the big step though and probably the main reason why I haven't been smoking recently.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

PREV12