We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Biosynthesis of DMT with modified e.coli Options

JAi
#21 Posted : 6/14/2017 3:22:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Best use for the CRISPR I've seen yet.

I think it's great that once one person or a group makes this, and by the way a reagent could show it is working or not without having to figure out the details of extraction at that point, then the bacteria could be distributed from there.

Also I just tried looking but could not find the relatively recent discovery of another life form that can produce proteins of choice so simply that it is going to change the world as well. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's not a bacteria. Maybe an Archaea.

If we could just produce the 2 simple enzymes and keep them active at larger scales, we wouldn't really need to mess with that gross e. coli. I think the CRISPR would still be needed for this. If someone who knows what I'm talking about would please remind me, this was over a year ago and I think I lost the print out I had.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PREV12