We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Starting to get my legs in Hyperspace? Options

ElevatorAlley
#1 Posted : 6/8/2017 7:28:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Calm but hesitant, anxious from overwhelming past experiences.
(physical condition) Set: Sound of body
Setting (location): Bedroom
time of day: Approx 10:45 PM
recent drug use: None

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 65 kg
known sensitivities: None
history of use: Experienced with lower psychedelics (LSD, mushrooms), novice (~10 experiences) to DMT

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): DMT-enhanced B. Caapi. Tinctures of Silene Capensis (African Dreaming Root) and Calea Zacatechichi (Dreaming Herb) taken shortly before as part of daily ongoing lucid dreaming supplementation.
Dose(s): Exact dosage unknown as only part of the material was consumed. Probably less then 20 mg DMT. Roughly 1 ml of each tincture consumed.
Method of administration: Vaporized (wood vapor genie)

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00
Duration: ~5-10 minutes
First effects: T=0:00-0:01
Peak: T=0:01 - 0:03
Come down: T=0:03 - 0:10
Baseline: T=0:10

Intensity (overall): 2-3
Evaluation / notes: This dose was a great lesson in "less is more." Not nearly as overwhelming as some past experiences. Far more manageable and memorable.

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 2
Unpleasantness: 0
Visual Intensity: 2

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0
Afterglow: 2

Pre-flight anxiety has been holding me back for the past week or so. I've had a couple of strong, chaotic experiences that I would venture to call breakthroughs smoking some enhanced caapi in a bong. I packed another bowl but it has been sitting untouched for several days.

Sometimes I deal with the anxiety by choosing a different ROA, lessening the memories and associations of the intense experience with the particular tools I'm using. I've also been a big concerned about fire if I unexpectedly blast off with a cherried bowl and lose physical coherence. Even GVG worries me, as last time I overdid the heat and my enhanced leaf started burning after already consuming a thick vapor hit. Not only did it provide a sudden spike in dosage from the quickly smoldering material, it also worried me about fire risks.

This time I went for my trusty old wood vapor genie with the screw-on cap. About as foolproof as it gets short of an e-cig rig. I wasn't looking to dose heavy. I'm interested in finding out how mild of an experience I can induce and still get where I'm going. This turned out to be a very successful approach. While I've been trying to break through by pushing dosage, it seems that more really is not necessarily better.

I started with just the barest of hits, the anxiety still causing me to hesitate. I vaped just barely enough to feel it, and let that sink in for a few minutes. It brought back memories of those familiar onset feelings and the soothing voiced sigh that I would tend to emit on comedown.

I still had anxiety at this point, but after 10-20 minutes or so lying peacefully in bed, I turned up the lighter flame and took a full vape hit. I still had the intent of taking a small hit, maybe not enough to cause more than a carrier wave and visuals. I tasted virtually nothing but warmth, and thought this was probably still a very mild hit. I laid back, closed my eyes and held my breath and for a few moments felt very little except that faint "something." All throughout the trip I repeatedly did my soothing voiced sigh exhalation that I've come to associate with DMT which grounded me somewhat in my body and kept me calm.

Then before I knew it, I was off. First I was shown familiar glimpses of past trips that I'd mostly forgotten or could only vaguely recall. The overwhelming mindblast of chaotic zigzags and cosmic hyperdimensional jesters that replaced all reality, becoming all that was and ever would be. The feeling of "HERE YOU ARE! THIS IS REAL! THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED!!" that came along with it. These were just brief glimpses as if behind a door, stored in a closet of artifacts of past trips, and I was not thrust completely into them -- thankfully.

Then the truly astonishing part happened. Past the closet of trip artifacts (it was on the right side of the metaphorical 'hallway' ), reality folded open and dropped me somewhere else, a totally mundane and absolutely realistic location. It was like a supermarket or marketplace of some kind. Not trippy or zigzaggy in the least -- utterly mundane and utterly real. This is the kind of experience that had always fascinated me most when reading DMT trip reports. There was a familiarity from past trips. I think I glimpsed this place or something similar in some of my first trips but in midst of the more overwhelming experience, I had been able to recall very little. I am so grateful that I was able to see this and remember some of it, as it's one of the experiences I've been seeking out.

I was probably there for only a minute or two. Just a visit, didn't do much besides look around. Then the portal folded shut again behind my eyelids. I was left with the familiar comedown, splinters of hyperspace slowly melting away, leaving me with rapidly fading memories and wonder -- "Did that really just happen?"

I am realizing the ways in which DMT-space takes exploration and experience to navigate, and I'm fascinated to see where else it can bring me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

InAwe
#2 Posted : 6/12/2017 5:02:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report, very interesting. I remember reading about somewhat similar experiences reported by the participants in Rick Strassman's book, the spirit molecule. Before I tried DMT, I thought maybe this was the norm, being transported to a location that's relatively normal looking. In my experience, it's all unbelievable hyperspace magic. But it's possible that I've been transported to a location like this because I usually forget the majority of the trip. I do vaguely remember something like that happening, maybe twice.

I'm glad you were able to remember so much. This is something I'd like to improve on.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''