We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Could jungle spice be DMT N-oxide? Options

PerPLexED
#1 Posted : 9/27/2009 11:56:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems as the two have a wide variety of shared properties...anyone else notice this?
No doubt jungle spice does contain some DMT n-oxide, but is it the major part of it + plant coloring? Anyone try converting all the dmt n-oxide in jungle spice to nn dmt and see if there's still another mystery alkaloid left?
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 9/28/2009 12:13:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Jungle spice is found in mimosa hostilis only to the best of my knowledge. But you can find DMT N-Oxide in all kinds of stuff.

You can have an oral DMT doseage from a mimosa tea alone without adding caapi or rue etc. I think the jungle spice is the alkaloid that makes this possible.

azrael
#3 Posted : 9/28/2009 12:57:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd say no to the topic because of what I've read regarding potency. N-oxide [yellow] is about half as potent as pure DMT, whereas jungle spice [red] is somewhere around twice as potent as DMT.

Potency: J-spice > DMT > N-oxide

There's been some good threads on this. Some thought is that (one of) the mystery alkaloid(s) can act as a light maoi (that is not a b-carboline) because mimosa itself can be orally active at higher doses. If this is the case, maybe that light maoi is extracted along with n-oxide and "stubborn" dmt to provide the j-spice experience. This would explain the potency issues in line with similarities.

I'd be interested to hear if someone tries isolating the mystery alkaloid(s) and what they find. Maybe someone has and I can't find it?

soulfood
#4 Posted : 9/28/2009 1:06:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can sort of isolate it by washing off all of the DMT using naphtha. Once all the DMT is removed, the resulting product is not psychoactive.

PerPLexED
#5 Posted : 9/28/2009 1:25:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM acquired 1.7kg today. SWIM will be doing so many pulls on his MHRB doing all sorts of tests.
Also, it's hard to say as jungle spice includes everything(what pulls it, pulls DMT, and dmt-n-oxide, amongst others).

SWIMs plans on doing a STB tek. once naptha pulls are done, d-limonene pulls will be done. Once the jungle spice is acquired from this, SWIM will use heptane to get out the "stubborn dmt". He will then use jorkfests tek using zinc to turn dmt n-oxide > NN dmt. What will remain? Anyone attempt this already? What else should SWIM do to try and isolate "mystery alkaloids" without accidentally pulling them?
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 9/28/2009 2:01:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interresting question. In SWIM experience, N-oxyde is not twice 'weaker' than DMT, just 20%, and as strong as DMT for the visuals. However, you can get N-oxyde from the first naphta pull (especially if you heat the lye soup), while jungle is supposed to come only from a xylene bath.
So if the jungle is somehow the same as N-oxyde, there should be almost nothing remaining from the xylene evaporation ?

jamie
#7 Posted : 9/28/2009 2:24:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

what about kukosaganine?? is it for real?? anyone try it?..it's apparently in mimosa rootbark and super trippy..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 9/28/2009 2:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aegle
#9 Posted : 9/28/2009 12:58:13 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I would have to disagree with that statement sorry, jungle is not DMT N-Oxide. Rolling eyes

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 9/29/2009 6:39:00 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

bob converted some nn to n-oxide, smoking it was horrible - bob thinks that is what is responsible for some ppl's spice tasting like plastic - it was almost unsmokable.
it was a yellow oil that went kinda hardish and was weak.
jungle seems to be yellow to red and deffinately gets stronger over time - it ripens/oxidises and goes like peanut butter - changes in appearance alot - and it smells 100% different.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 9/29/2009 10:41:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ha!... yeah smoking N-Oxide is a nightmare. It certainly stings something fierce and for me gives a much more "goofy" experience than NN.

Seems ok as an ayahuasca admixture though. That's probably all I'll ever use it for.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 9/29/2009 5:40:22 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Jungle Spice is almost definitely NOT n-oxide.

Check out Entropymancer's Jungle Alkaloid paper. If you're truly interested; this, to my mind, is the most comprehensive and informative piece of writing on the possible composition of Jungle spice.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 9/29/2009 7:42:10 PM

The Great Namah

No, DMT N-Oxide can easily be made with H2O2. It is NOT Jungle Spice, though it may be IN jungle spice it is not what makes it different from NN or DMT Oxide.

Xylene or Toluene can be used to extract it, and the results are different based on which method you use to extract. A/B Jungle produces a different experience than STB Jungle, and I believe the solvent also has an impact on what is produced.

There is a lot going on in mimosa besides DMT.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 9/29/2009 11:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

A/B Jungle produces a different experience than STB Jungle, and I believe the solvent also has an impact on what is produced.

There is a lot going on in mimosa besides DMT.

Interesting. How so? I imagine that an A/B removes a few things that will get pulled in an STB with xylene, but what do you think delivers a more "jungle" experience?

I'd guess the STB would be much less pure DMT hence more alkaloids, but I haven't tried both methods to be honest.