We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The E-cig method - update Options

nathanielle
#1 Posted : 5/29/2017 12:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Smile

Since reading this incredible post in its entirety (and if you vape, I urge you to read it now!), I've been converted to the eliquid method. It won't be for everyone - but for me, it is the easiest, cleanest, stealthiest, most reliable method I have used. I used to smoke cigarettes (for almost fifteen years) and switched to vaping eventually, after my lungs told me I needed to change something. Prior to this I've tried the regular hash pipe (meh), foil (no bueno), insufflation (oh lord the pain), regular bong (getting there), bong with ice-water (even better), the machine (functional, definitely), tiny little glass jars with a straw through the cork stopper (not sure what I was thinking) just off the top of my head. I've never had the chance or the spare cash to try a GVG, which I know is widely loved, but what I love about this method is that you don't need fire. Why bring a fire when you just need a bit of heat?

Anyway

I've found a benefit of the eliquid method. On every extraction I go through, after scraping up the goodies there is always a part of the dish I can't get to with a razor and some product is lost, usually around the corners. Even rounded pyrex doesn't allow for a razor to bend into it's dips and curves, but seeing as what has just been extracted is going to be mixed into a vapable liquid, I've just gently squirted the hard to reach areas with a tiny amount of PG (3-5ml) to dissolve it, then when each crystal/goo area on the scraped pryrex is clear and the remaining product is in the PG, the dish can be tilted to allow a syringe to suck up the remaining PG back up into the final solution.

I was regretably quite drunk when I mixed up my first batch of e-DMT (not a compound, just a portmanteau of e-liquid and DMT), so the ratios from then are lost to me. ducdevil's suggested 1:6 ratio was the first since then that I read that seemed reasonable so I gave it a go. However, in practice (and bearing in mind my state of mind and fallability) it's too much for me. The 1:6 ratio (250mg per 1ml) mixed up 1.5g of spice with 9ml of VG into an opaque, viscous liquid and was added to a 10ml bottle. This batch is creamy tan (the last batch was clear and tomato red, so YMMV):

First trials on the 1:6 solution took me there in no time. One primer puff to make sure all was functioning as expected, then a long, slow inhale, letting go of the 'fire' (or 'GO' ) button about 3 seconds before I stopped inhaling (the coil is still hot when you take your finger off the button and DMT is still vapourising, so suck it all up!) was incredibly potent. I retried it again after about 45 minutes to an hour, and the experience that followed shook me to my bones. Scared? Oh yes. Frightened? To my core. But so powerful. But this intensity in a journey can't be for every single time - I like the fun and wonder just as much as the harrowing truth of birth and life, so for me, it needed to be diluted to allow me the option to explore further if I felt that was where I wanted to be.

30ml bottles of eliquid sometimes come in glass with little glass eyedroppers which can be re-used, so I washed out and set two of those to the side. I took the PG solute from the pyrex dish and squirted it into a 250ml graduated beaker (just for the breathing space). I added 3g of DMT to the beaker. It fell in like little clumps of wool. Hot and wet was needed, so I heated 20ml of VG in the microwave in a shot glass for about 3 seconds then touch it to determine heat.

WARNING: If anyone were to microwave VG or PG, please be aware that it heats up in next to no time and can be incredibly dangerous. A 10 second spin could mean a spurting lava fountain if you are not careful, you DO NOT want that so be careful. I usually count to three, open the microwave door and tentatively check the temp between thumb and forefinger.

The heated VG is added to the reclaimed PG solution and the 3g of DMT in the 250ml graduated beaker. When I did this the VG was hot enough to burn my skin. My bad, I underestimated the microwave. The temp of the glass isn't the same as the liquid it's holding, live and learn. It cools to an ambient temp quickly though, so when it is 'toasty warm bath' hot, add it to the mix and stir until all the clumps dissolve. And that's basically it. It should be about 50/50 PG/VG, but with the spice it's a little thicker, so should hold up well enough in a tank. Keeping the tank upside down stops leaking (assuming you've checked all the O rings and everything else are in place).

I also added the remainder of the super-potent first batch to this one in equal amounts, so rough figures are about 4.5g of DMT split between 2 30ml bottles. I am yet to try the pictured batch, as it is a combination of old and new, but I do have high hopes for it and I am trusting in my basic math, fingers crossed.

The DMT will form a film or gunk or skin or some separate later from the the VG/PG, but heat willl disperse it and bring it back to a homogeneous opaque liquid if needs be

I know this is missing loads of info so I'll update when I can - and if anything could be better, let me know how

Happy travels x

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 5/29/2017 2:00:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems to be about the same ratio that I use; 100mg/ml. But I do not use VG. Straight PG seems to work fine. What benefit are you realizing from the VG. I've heard that it is supposed to make it smoother, but I don't find this to be the case. To me, it just seems to create a thicker, more opaque vapor. What I have found to make the vapor more smooth is just a hint of vanilla flavor.

sbc1
#3 Posted : 5/29/2017 8:21:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Keep us updated, it's my favourite roa I use a 1/6 ratio

Asher7
#4 Posted : 5/30/2017 6:55:59 AM

Professional Tracker

I saw the mention of a microwave. A hot water bath would potentially be a better option I would think. Just measure out your juice, weigh your crystal and then run hot water over the bottle spinning it. It will dissolve in no time at all.

nathanielle
#5 Posted : 6/2/2017 10:52:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
Seems to be about the same ratio that I use; 100mg/ml. But I do not use VG. Straight PG seems to work fine. What benefit are you realizing from the VG. I've heard that it is supposed to make it smoother, but I don't find this to be the case. To me, it just seems to create a thicker, more opaque vapor. What I have found to make the vapor more smooth is just a hint of vanilla flavor.

I used VG along with PG because of the type of tank - it's an Aspire Cleito sub-ohm tank (0.4Ω coil running on a mod at around 50-55W) and in my experience it's been known to leak with thinner PG heavy juice, which would be a disaster here. A mouth-to-lung tank or clearomiser (like a Nautilus or Nautilus mini) might be fine with higher PG juice but not something I've tried yet. Also, VG is a little bit sweet and has less of a throat hit which works for me. Horses for courses though. I can see vanilla being a nice addition, I'll bear that in mind, thank you. Though I do love the smell/taste of DMT, it lets me knows what's coming (Edit: you're right, VG does produce a denser cloud of vapour than PG)

sbc1 wrote:
Keep us updated, it's my favourite roa I use a 1/6 ratio

1:6 is certainly going to get you there, lol. I've diluted mine down just a little, but it's still close to that ratio. Tried it out a few times since and I can't see me using a method that involves fire again, definitely my favourite ROA as well

Asher7 wrote:
I saw the mention of a microwave. A hot water bath would potentially be a better option I would think. Just measure out your juice, weigh your crystal and then run hot water over the bottle spinning it. It will dissolve in no time at all.

You're right, I think that would be a better method and I'll use that in future, thank you. The microwave heats up PG/VG at an incredible rate (literally seconds), so a slower, more even heat would be a lot safer

Asher7
#6 Posted : 6/2/2017 10:49:31 PM

Professional Tracker

Since we're talking e-juice here, what's the longest anyone has had infused e-juice stashed away and still tried it? I don't know if I'm making this up or if it actually happens but the juice appears to darken overtime. Am I correct in thinking this is just the natural progression due to "steeping" even though there is zero nicotiene in there?

Anyone here ever stash some juice for 6 months, even a year and go back to it? Is it still potent, converted to something different, no longer active, spoiled? How do you think that works?

syberdelic
#7 Posted : 6/3/2017 6:33:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propylene glycol does have oxygen in its structure, so it could be that over time the DMT would be oxidized, giving the juice a darker color. As I don't have much background in organic chemistry, this is speculation.

Asher7
#8 Posted : 6/4/2017 7:21:36 AM

Professional Tracker

If memory serves me correctly, from what I've read around here oxidized dmt is still active though right?

Or did I make that up/read those threads wrong? I read this one report of a guy who had his dripper stashed in a drawer for about 3 months and upon viewing it, everything looked ok as far as what the eye could pick up in terms of mold. Whether there was something going on inside that cotton that was too small for the human eye to pick up is anyones guess.

Curiosity has me on this one, because people are breathing this in. I didnt mean to hijack the thread, but didnt want to start another one and add to the list. I'm sure everyone can follow the flow of this thread with minimal effort though. Smile

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 6/5/2017 3:37:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

syberdelic wrote:
Propylene glycol does have oxygen in its structure, so it could be that over time the DMT would be oxidized, giving the juice a darker color. As I don't have much background in organic chemistry, this is speculation.

I'd be fairly certain that the solubility of oxygen in PG is sufficient to cause oxidative discolouration of DMT. PG itself will not, however, be acting as an oxidising agent. For one thing, what would it even get reduced to?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

NotTwo
#10 Posted : 6/5/2017 12:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would anyone know what quantity of dmt you're inhaling with one long hit from an e-cig at say 1:6 ratio?
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Asher7
#11 Posted : 6/5/2017 1:12:29 PM

Professional Tracker

You can ballpark it pretty close but in addition to the juice ratio it also depends on what kind of rig and coil set up you use.

For example with a dripper you can do a plain juice run and take note of how many drops you put on your coil(s) and take note of how many hits it takes to become "dry" and divide that drop count by the number of hits. Once you have that number you can divide your mg of spice per drop of juice by your hit count and get a pretty good idea of what each hit is delivering.

That would be harder to do with a tank since it wicks on it's own. Other than that, there is an element of "playing by ear", but you can get pretty close. There are also builds that eliminate the cotton pretty much right outside of the physical coil so that cancels out the juice getting anywhere except at where the immediate coil is. In doing that you ensure every drop you put in there is getting vaporized.

There's probably a more thorough/precise way of measuring, but I havent felt the need to take it that far.

nathanielle
#12 Posted : 6/9/2017 11:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Since we're talking e-juice here, what's the longest anyone has had infused e-juice stashed away and still tried it? I don't know if I'm making this up or if it actually happens but the juice appears to darken overtime. Am I correct in thinking this is just the natural progression due to "steeping" even though there is zero nicotiene in there?

Anyone here ever stash some juice for 6 months, even a year and go back to it? Is it still potent, converted to something different, no longer active, spoiled? How do you think that works?

Not infused ejuice - but I've had juice that I'd forgotten about and rediscovered about 3 years later. It is like brown tar, but still smells lovely. I think that's more to do with the nicotine content though. High nic juices darken down fairly dramatically over a few months. I have had zero nic ejuice from 6+ months that are still almost clear, and the high nic variant of the same juice a deep red.

Actual PG/VG on its own though I am not sure. Certainly safe to vape, but not sure about colouration. FWIW I checked a 5 litre jerry can of VG, it doesn't have an expiry date. I'm sure that doesn't mean it's good forever, but at least good for a considerable length of time.

Ejuice can be stored in the freezer btw if you want to preserve its lifespan. I've had a canister of 72mg VG nicotine base stored in the freezer for around a year now, still clear. A decanted 15ml bottle of the same nic base went a pinky lilac at room temp over the course of a few weeks (and also developed that 'pepper' smell), so whatever process heat and light affect on it is slowed right down in the freezer.

ducdevil
#13 Posted : 6/10/2017 12:53:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i've got a bottle of 1:6 spice-juice in the fridge that's almost 2 months old. i prepared it for an out of town trip i was taking, but as it turned out all my ejuice and tanks leaked like crazy from the altitude as i passed through the mountains. fortunately i had not loaded up my tank with the spice-juice. i had taken along the GVG for FB so i never used the prepared juice.

i'm planning on sampling it next weekend; it's been refrigerated since it was mixed, even whilst away in the hotel. i'll report back. in theory it should be fine. who knows, maybe it gets better with age!!! Laughing Thumbs up

Exitwound
#14 Posted : 4/12/2018 8:19:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a question: why every post about this ROA says it should be 0mg nicotine juice?

muladharma
#15 Posted : 4/12/2018 8:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I have a question: why every post about this ROA says it should be 0mg nicotine juice?

I think because ROA (Route of administration) refers to the DMT, so it would be strange to also include nicotine, or anything else. If people not knowingly follow a guide that does not say 0mg nicotine, they might become addicted to nicotine...
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

Exitwound
#16 Posted : 4/12/2018 10:47:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If that's the case, then it's perfectly understandable.

I am nicotine smoker (I usually smoke juices with 3mg concentrations) and wondering if I infuse some of my existing juices, if nicotine presence will somehow affect experience in a bad way.

some one
#17 Posted : 5/22/2018 11:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How many times are you guys inhaling what ratio (1:6) to get a breakthrough dose?
some = one | here = some | there = one

ducdevil
#18 Posted : 5/23/2018 3:24:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey everyone

i'll throw in my two cents for the two questions above:

in my experience, nicotine added a lot of frenzy and darkness to the trip. i remember sensing very powerfully that "they" were telling me not to mix anything with the sacred molecule. that was enough for me. i tried it twice: same message both times and both trips were...well...more challenging than i'd care to repeat. ever since - zero nic. never had a problem since.

i should add, i love vaping on the come down / come back. that's a nice feeling. just not simultaneously.

with a 1:6 ratio, .5ohm at 48-50 watts, 2 hits takes me really deep, 3rd hit and i'm there.

rOm
#19 Posted : 2/13/2019 12:37:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

muladharma wrote:
Exitwound wrote:

I think because ROA (Route of administration) refers to the DMT, so it would be strange to also include nicotine, or anything else. If people not knowingly follow a guide that does not say 0mg nicotine, they might become addicted to nicotine...

I do'nt know if there are many poeple who would get addicted to nicotine ebcause they'd use it as often as DMT vape.
EVen if say, you're a dmt enthousiast and use it once a week. it won't make you addicted to it. And even while honeymood, if you vape once a day for two weeks it wouldn't make you hooked on nicotine.
WHy they say 0mg Nicotine if to avoid substance interaction. Nicotine is a light stimulant and could alter DMT experience, although DMT and nicotine used closed or together isn't that uncommon.
I tend to have mapacho ( nicotine snuffed ) rapé after aya to ground me, or even while some experience if I feel I lack focus.
But I would make DMT eJuice xwith 0Mg nicotine so it is Neutral juice and I can control each substance and not have to always have DMT a,nd nicotine everytime I'd vape DMT.
One could also vape a big of CBD eLiquid to lower preflight anxiety.
I have nicotine eVape, CBDeVape , muscimol eVape and soon DMT eVape. Gotta find out if 5 meODMT works well for eVape too. APparently Harmalas freebase do'nt vaporize wellin eVape. what do other think / experience in this regard?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !