We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unsure about peyote dosage, need advice. Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 3/28/2017 2:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A peyote cluster with a diameter of 3-5cm, I'm not sure how many of those should I get if I wanted a decent experience. Seeds are sold out by the way, and AFAIK there's an unlimited amount of this type of cluster, for now at least. I gave up on san pedro since its inconsistency of potency, and peyote seems more consistent and like it could be a better experience anyways.

Worth to note I don't have the possibilities to let it grow for a couple of years, since I travel a lot and will move to a different place soon.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 3/28/2017 2:43:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I always try to eat aroubd 200+ grams of fresh lophophora cacti or 50+ grams of dried lophophora cactus matter, however, I'm also aiming for a 600-800mgs dose of mescaline, which is considered to be quite high.

Quote:
Mescaline content in dried buttons can reach 5-6% of total weight, but is more commonly now reported as 1-2% or less, perhaps because of a decrease in the average age of buttons at harvest. A dried peyote button may weigh 2-5 grams (2.5 grams for a dried mid-sized button approximately 1 inch/2.5 cm diameter). Mescaline accounts for approximately 30% of the alkaloids present. The percentage of mescaline content by weight in fresh buttons is much lower than in dry buttons because of the higher water content. Mescaline content in fresh buttons is approximately 0.2-0.3%.

The alkaloid content appears to be highest at the top of the cactus, with the top half of the button reportedly somewhat more potent than the bottom half. The alkaloid content of fresh roots is approximately one quarter that of fresh whole buttons/tops. It is considered inappropriate to harvest and consume the roots because a root can regrow a new button after a button is harvested.

Traditional peyote ceremonies continue for an entire night, with additional pairs of buttons eaten over time. Following are approximate single dosages (not including re-dosing) for fresh and dried peyote.
https://erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_dose.shtml

If there are multiple clustered "heads" it would be a caespitose lophophora, below I've posted some information regarding alkaloid content of various peyote varieties:

Quote:
Comparative studies of the alkaloid contents of various Lophophora species and varieties of peyote
Dr Roman Štarha summarizes a few studies on the alkaloid contents of peyote and other species of Lophophora in an appendix of Rudolf Grym's book Rod/Die Gattung Lophophora. The table below shows the contents of mescaline and pellotine in various peyote varieties compared to Lophophora diffusa and L. fricii. The numbers are given in milligrams (mg) of mescaline/pellotine per gram (g) of living plant (i.e. not dehydrated plant material).
ccording to this study all varieties of peyote contain approximately 0.7 mg of mescaline per gram of living plant, i.e. the mescaline contents of the Lophophora caespitosa, L. jourdaniana, and L. decipiens varieties compare to that of regular peyote (Lophophora williamsii). Similarly the amount of pellotine is relatively low in all these varieties - Lophophora jourdaniana being the exception having more than twice the pellotine contents of the other peyote varieties. You need to apply these results with precaution though, as it varies a lot what plants are understood by and sold under the names of Lophophora decipiens, L. jourdaniana, and L. caespitosa. Both Lophophora diffusa and Lophophora fricii are (as expected) found to be low in mescaline and high in pellotine.

Dr Štarha also brings another table that lists selected alkaloids and their percentual amount of the total alkaloid contents of a given plant. E.g. the plant denominated "L-2" in the table below has a mescaline content that constitutes 31% of the total alkaloid contents of the pla
(Both tables attached)

http://lophophora.blogsp...er-peyote-alkaloids.html

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
Mescaline+and+pellotine+contents+of+peyote+and+Lophophora+(Grym)-1.jpg (19kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
Selected+Lophophora+alkaloids+and+their+fraction+of+the+total+alkaloid+contents+(Grym)-1-1.jpg (31kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 3/28/2017 2:51:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

While growing lophophora cacti can be quite rewarding, I'm always somewhat sad when I hear of these cacti being consumed...but that's just me.

Peyote are very slow growing, and they can be quite variable in alkaloid content as well, and a large amount of plant matter is required when being consumed for Entheogenic reasons...

...and I don't think you should give up on trichocereus cacti. My trichocereus Pachanoi has actually been very high yielding in regards to mescaline, plus you can harvest a cactus repeatedly with out affecting its health or life span, these cacti also will produce several "arms" growing off the main stock which can be cloned, one cactus can turn into many cacti...

With trichocereus Pachanoi, you need a genetically suitable specimen, there are lower producing "pachanot" varieties common in the United states, these are likely the trichocereus Pachanoi which you would find at local home improvement stores, however, if you are mindful of your source, you can end up with amazing San Pedro, which ultimately is far more "worth while" if mescaline is your interest, at least in my opinion this is the case.

Perhaps trichocereus peruvianus would be more suited to your needs...

...if you get the right specimen, and if you know how to grow trichocereus cacti properly, alkaloid content should be the last of your worries.

Miscellaneous:

Growing tips from erowid:
Quote:
Shade - There have been several reports that leaving live, or cut Tricocereus in the shade for several months prior to harvesting does increase the percentage of alkaloids in the tissues of the plant. It is also common in Mexico and South America to leave cut Cacti in large covered stacks for some time prior to being sold. There may be a good reason for that practice.

Excess Sun and Heat - Too much Sun or heat will most definitely stress a live Cactus. It must be realized however, that increasing the alkaloids through stressing will greatly affect the plants growth rate, and might just kill it. Cactus can and do get sunburned, which can be fatal.

Nutrient level variations - Different formulas of fertilizers will affect the growth rate, and therefore the alkaloid mix and percentages. Very high Nitrogen levels in the soil would help to draw water out of the cactus, and promote stress. Use caution as too much Nitrogen will burn your plant. Remember though, a fast growing Cactus is also lower in alkaloids per volume.

Mechanical stress - A much ignored method of significantly increasing alkaloid buildup. The Cactus is cut or gouged in several places to simulate predator damage. The stem can also be girdled by wire, twisted or bent. Care should be taken when penetrating the skin, use sterile techniques to minimize the chance of infection. Although infection would be a major stress on the plant, it would probably die before any useful effects were manifest. Stressing has been practiced on Marijuana for millennia in certain parts of the world, to increase potency.

Watering stress - Depriving the intended victim of water is the most widespread method of trying to increase the alkaloid content. Many people advise to buy your Cactus at least one growing season in advance, and then let them sit, without water, until they are ready to harvest.

Chemical doping - There has been some pioneering work in this area done by Adam Gottlieb. https://www.erowid.org/p...guide/cacti_guide7.shtml

-eg

Wolfnippletip
#4 Posted : 3/28/2017 3:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No experience with Peyote, but Bridgesii is very consistent in it's mescaline content and has never let me down.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 3/30/2017 3:45:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just an interesting note:

Quote:
Mescaline content in dried buttons can reach 5-6% of total weight, but is more commonly now reported as 1-2% or less, perhaps because of a decrease in the average age of buttons at harvest. https://erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_dose.shtml

Trichocereus cacti are known to also produce in the 1-2% range...

-eg

urtica
#6 Posted : 6/6/2017 10:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, T bridgesii, especially some of the named clones such as Eileen or SS02 (or Lumberjack tho that is a hybrid with peruvianus we think), are fast growers & strong alkaloid producers. They are all close to the 1-2% dry weight range, especially if you are talking dry outer skin.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.