We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
death of man in WY most likely NOT due to 5meo DMT Options

null24
#1 Posted : 6/2/2017 1:35:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This actually well written article is the first Iheard of this, it appeared in my Gmail alert, but apparently a local artist in Jackson Hole WY, suffered a fatality due to aspirating vomit and he was consuming vaped 5meo DMT along with alcohol. It seems the local coroner did some actual research looking into the cause of death before reactively pointing at the "illegal narcotic". I'll see what else I can find on this, doesn't sound like it was at some ONAC retreat or anything, thank something.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 6/2/2017 7:36:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I really don't like how so often for media basically 5-MeO-DMT = DMT. Although they at least shortly explained the difference, they go mainly by naming it just DMT...

But to be honest: IMHO asphyxiation due to vomit can IMHO be a real danger on a substance like 5-MeO-DMT which lets you completely pass out and at the same time has quite a potential for nausea and vomiting...

I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

null24
#3 Posted : 6/3/2017 1:27:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I really don't like how so often for media basically 5-MeO-DMT = DMT. Although they at least shortly explained the difference, they go mainly by naming it just DMT...

But to be honest: IMHO asphyxiation due to vomit can IMHO be a real danger on a substance like 5-MeO-DMT which lets you completely pass out and at the same time has quite a potential for nausea and vomiting...

Yes, agreed on both counts.

I did appreciate the fact that at least some effort was made by the writer of that article to not fall prey to the typical anti-drug rhetorical hyperbole that often flavors these things.

In this case, apparently there's some question as to whether the deceased was within the blood alcohol range for an experienced drinker to typically become nauseous. Vomiting is definitely a possibility with 5meo DMT, perhaps conversely to what the coroner stated in the article, more so than is the case with "inhaled" (the article's term) n,n DMT. At least IMLE that's the case.

The real issue is not whether it was alcohol or 5meo DMT that caused the vomiting that caused the asphyxiation, but rather the fact that the person was not in the recovery position ( unconscious person placed on side with head to side and tilted downward, legs interlocked at ankles). It is unclear whether or not he was alone.

Something to think about, safety-wise. 5 meo is getting a lot of (well-deserved) attention it seems lately, with many people working more and less openly underground with it in the US and across the globe. It is an extremely powerful and effective tool, as anyone who has posted here about it, at least, repeatedly attests and it should be handled with the utmost care.

I really don't mean that in any kind of elitist way, although it could easily sound as much to talk about having exceptional preparation and post-(what? post-death? Rebirth?) resources in place beforehand. But along with those kinds of more esoteric precautions, one must also be very aware that as it stands, little is known about it and it seems that it can be a physically dangerous substance indeed under certain conditions. It should not be taken alone under any circumstance, I can attest to that.

Shoot, sorry for the ramble, if anyone slogged thru that...Razz
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Aum_Shanti
#4 Posted : 6/3/2017 8:34:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It should not be taken alone under any circumstance, I can attest to that.

The problem I see (or have myself):
A sitter for 5-MeO-DMT should be really experienced. If you see the possible extreme body reactions 5-MeO-DMT can cause, then I would think most sitters would start to freak out themselves and call 911 in such a situation.
I think even sitters well established in "conventional" psychedelics could freak out, as the body reactions of 5-MeO-DMT can be just really special.
I could well think that it could even happen, the sitter getting a PTSD, while you yourself were in the bliss...
And honestly I would know noone I would be fine with to expose to such a potential very stressful negative situation, which they will probably remember for the rest of their life.

Another one is a more esoteric one:
The influence of a person nearby on your trip. I've heard several stories about this. If the person around you feels uncomfortable seeing you in this condition, then this can transport your own feelings into that direction...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

null24
#5 Posted : 6/3/2017 7:14:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
It should not be taken alone under any circumstance, I can attest to that.

The problem I see (or have myself):
A sitter for 5-MeO-DMT should be really experienced. If you see the possible extreme body reactions 5-MeO-DMT can cause, then I would think most sitters would start to freak out themselves and call 911 in such a situation.
I think even sitters well established in "conventional" psychedelics could freak out, as the body reactions of 5-MeO-DMT can be just really special.
I could well think that it could even happen, the sitter getting a PTSD, while you yourself were in the bliss...
And honestly I would know noone I would be fine with to expose to such a potential very stressful negative situation, which they will probably remember for the rest of their life.

Another one is a more esoteric one:
The influence of a person nearby on your trip. I've heard several stories about this. If the person around you feels uncomfortable seeing you in this condition, then this can transport your own feelings into that direction...

Again, good point. As far as trip companions go, if I was to select one, I would search for one who would understand what I call "doctrine of non interference", that is , yes they need to know what can be undergone by an initiate- it often is not pretty and I'd imagine pretty harrowing to witness- and not be reactive. Experience, trust and friendshipmay be a tall order to fill, but id look for those things.I used such declaratory language even though I've never been accompanied because of inherent dangers. (may be overstating those dangers, but perhaps a veil of sorts that keeps people aware isn't bad)

Sorry. I took this thread off the rails. I've been thinking alot lately about this stuff-safety, ethics in the psychedelic community, bla bla.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tone42001
#6 Posted : 10/31/2017 3:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently had an odd experience with a trip sitter. I was taking a hit of jungle spice that turned out to be particularly potent. Once I hit it I knew what I was in for. Sadly I'll say neither of us were properly prepared for it. I ended up laying on top of my stove, as we were in the kitchen at the time ( don't ask, I know ). Nonetheless, when I came to ( about 15mins later ) I awoke in his arms.
This suprised me and I had to of course ask him how I got there. He informed me that after I crawled up onto the stove, I was wreathing around in such a fashion, he was afraid I'd hit my head on the countertop corner. So, as to save me from this, he picked me up. Funny thing is, he was concerned ( thinking I was having a bad trip ), I however, was in absolute perfection. This was one of the best, and most potent experiences I've ever had with spice. Love me some jungle spice. Thank you Toluene Smile. Nonetheless I was glad to have had a sitter ( albeit unintended ) during this particular trip.
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan