We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tampanensis truffels second attempt Options

oetzi13
#1 Posted : 5/19/2017 5:54:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Initially grain jars were inoculated with LC made from a spore syringe but no truffles grew at all!? Apparently one has to separate the proper (truffel) mycellium first. Agar was inoculated again but which parts of this are used? One can see a hump and darker areas from the bottom. Is this it? Start LC with a piece of that?
oetzi13 attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.50.23 AM.png (273kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.50.30 AM.png (251kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.50.36 AM.png (281kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
Just don't

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 5/19/2017 6:45:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know, I grew for the fruits, after 3 flushes I picked through the subtrate to see if there were any small ones, and there wasn't, or if there was they were too small and blended in with the grains.
I was under the impression that you could noc up some grain and just let it sit for a few months and stones will form in the jars then you just pick them out.

oetzi13
#3 Posted : 5/19/2017 8:19:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that's what I thought and every tek says, but apparently not..
Just don't

TGO
#4 Posted : 5/19/2017 11:14:46 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I've grown tampanensis before and I've never heard of separating and isolating the "truffle" myc, but I am by no means an expert. All I did in the past was inoculate my grain jars from a syringe, let them colonize, and then left them alone for around 6 months until harvest. Yield was a bit on the low side but it was a great learning experience. While having experience with mushrooms in general, this was my first time with sclerotia.

I found out later that it is much more efficient to make a couple master jars, transfer to other jars via grain-to-grain, and then let them sit and grow. I am still having trouble understanding how anyone would be able to identify the difference between truffle mycelium growth and normal mycelium growth on agar with only the naked eye.

When doing agar to agar transfers in order to isolate, one typically looks for the strongest looking myc growth and transfers that over and over until they are satisfied that they have a strong growing isolate with no sectors. If that species of mushrooms produces philosopher stones, then it stands to reason that an isolate would grow well and still produce stones. After a few transfers, I would take the strongest and healthiest looking growth from your agar and use that for your LC.

It still seems strange that you didn't get any stones at all. How long did you let your jars sit before harvesting?

I think next time I grow truffles I am going to try MS syringe to agar, agar to agar transfers, agar to grain for G2G or GLC, and then make the rest of the jars from that.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

oetzi13
#5 Posted : 5/23/2017 6:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

they sat for over 5 months. There is not a single stone, but the mycellium looks healthy. Freaking weird! It was assumed this would be an easy one, but apparently not. Starting over, one more time!
thank you all!
Just don't

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/25/2017 11:50:04 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Case and fruit for spores?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Spaced Out 2
#7 Posted : 5/30/2017 9:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems I'm getting stones now, only thing I did different this time is I used LC transferred to grain whereas my previous grow was from spore solution straight to grain.

I'm leaving one jar to keep developing the stones, the other two I have had small ones going but I shook the jars to get them fully colonized to spawn to bulk, maybe they will form in the sub better this time since there was some already started.

I will post a pic of the stones that have started soon, mine are tampanensis as well.

oetzi13
#8 Posted : 6/1/2017 1:17:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fruiting/casing was not successful either.
Waylitjim here gives some insight on the topic:
https://mycotopia.net/to...0-psilocybe-tampanensis/
Just don't

Spaced Out 2
#9 Posted : 6/1/2017 2:05:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good info there, I did notice that they like a wetter than usual casing, with a 2-3 day cold shock and then a couple days near 80F at this point they started to pin everywhere.

Here's the stones forming in mine, as mentioned earlier this didn't happen last time.
Spaced Out 2 attached the following image(s):
20170531_205854.jpg (3,532kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

oetzi13
#10 Posted : 6/1/2017 5:37:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you lucky dog!Smile
Apparently you can separate the fruiting from the stone mycellium, even clone the stones.
There is a tek using rehydrated pf cakes for fruiting. Seemed even easier than cold shocking..
Just don't