We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD "shivles" Options

Bdevall158
#1 Posted : 6/1/2017 2:31:55 AM

Mind Wanderer

Kind of a funny random thought, I'm just curious if anyone else experiences anything like this on LSD? Its kind of like getting a random twitch, or something like shivering but unrelated to being cold. Sometimes it starts like a itch In the ear that results in a strange twitching like sensation that comes and goes quickly. Non-threatening and kind of amusing. Amongst my group we call it "shivles", and we notice it more with particularly good clean lsd. I liken it to getting a "cosmic tickle" or zap of the nervous system. Anyone else experience this, or am I just rambling nonsense? Any speculations on the cause of so? Is it just some sort of result of vasoconstriction? Thanks for reading anyways!
LOVE & LIGHT

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/1/2017 5:07:41 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Yep the "acid shivers" is quite common. I've always attributed it to a dopamine drop, because it's just so darn pleasant.

I have absolutely 0 data to back that up just to be clear. Razz
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Northerner
#3 Posted : 6/1/2017 8:51:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've experienced the same too... never gave it much thought as it even happens sometimes when I am sober. Just some sort of nervous twitch maybe?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Bdevall158
#4 Posted : 6/1/2017 5:23:29 PM

Mind Wanderer

Haha thanks for the responses amigos! Dreamer042 sounds like a resonable way to look at it. Whether it's a dopamine drop, or a cosmic tickle, I have always found it pleasant as well! I just always find it amusing to see people have to shake off the cosmic charge Laughing as I always say shivels gon getcha!!
LOVE & LIGHT

#5 Posted : 9/6/2017 6:49:23 PM

Psilosopher

Yes, I get them too just about every time I take LSD.
I imagine this is what people refer to with terms like "acid shivers" and "full body orgasm". I enjoy them a lot, feels great Smile

A few weeks ago I tried 2C-E for the first time, and to my surprise it did the exact same thing to me.
I guess it's a dopamine thing as well.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 5/12/2018 7:56:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes this 100% is a real and very common thing. Even Hunter Thompson mentions it when describing his own LSD trips. I have experienced it myself many times and ive seen others have it happen to them. I always perceived it as a powerful influx of energy flowing within the body that causes shivers or spasms. Personally ive even had a similar effect result from cannabis but with a slightly different flavor to it.

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 5/12/2018 8:42:31 PM

Pay No Mind

Definitely have felt those "shivles" many a time.

I have no explanation for them and I like it that way.Big grin
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate