We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IMPORTANT! CHANGE OF FORUM! Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 1/19/2008 12:15:10 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear all, As you may know, this forum is widely abused by spam-bots. Since this week I've changed the way users are registered: they have to be approved by me know. This works almost perfectly to keep away the spam on the board, however I'm forged to approve about 50+ users a day now. This is unacceptable for me, since its really time absorbing. The only way out of this spam-bot hell is to move to another forum-platform. For me the obvious choice is yaf (yey another forum). This is an open source forum coded in the language I use for work (C# ASP.NET). If needed I can change this forum to our needs and can even create extra anti-bot code! The new forum is also faster and you can upload files and some more improvements. Now for the bad part: I've looked into ways to convert the messages from the current forum to this new forum and even though I have years of experience (maybe because I've years of experience) I'm only converting the users to this new board and NOT the messages! The messages are just too much work for me to handle as a single person and I simply don't have the time to create nice scripts. The change will be like this: * The new forum will be available at: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum you can logon using the same credentials as you use on the old forum * The link of the old forum will be redirected to the new forum * The old forum will be locked in place and will stay available to view on a read only basis at http://www.dmt-nexus.me/oldforum * The current moderators will be moderators of the whole forum This change will happen at further notice. Kind regards, The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

XENONSION
#2 Posted : 1/19/2008 2:00:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

new digs? alright!! You going to keep it styled similar or change it up to something fresh?

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 1/19/2008 2:11:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Well, the new forum as it is now is in simular style as the current forum. It's already online at http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum you can logon using your current credentials. But if any of you got some good ideas for the layout or some new feature for the new forum then please let me know. With a bit of luck we can change the forum into something very special. Kind regards, The Traveler

Big Inhale
#4 Posted : 1/19/2008 6:14:39 PM

The Enlightend One

Every page I go to I have to re login also I cant post for some reason
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Big Inhale
#5 Posted : 1/19/2008 6:18:34 PM

The Enlightend One

Every page I go to I have to re login also I cant post for some reason
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

magic clown
#6 Posted : 1/19/2008 7:27:46 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Thanks for all your hard work Traveler, I really appreciate all your efforts. This is a great board already and your just going to make it better.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 1/19/2008 11:42:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Thank you magic clown! Big Inhale: I'm checking now what might be the couse of your problem. Can you please tell me what browser you are using? Kind regards, The Traveler

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/20/2008 2:22:21 AM

"No, seriously"

[quote:32bffee404="Big Inhale"]Every page I go to I have to re login also I cant post for some reason[/quote:32bffee404] Can you please try again? It should be solved now. Kind regards, The Traveler

El Ka Bong
#9 Posted : 1/20/2008 9:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ahhh sooo ! time to evolve !

MagikVenom
#10 Posted : 1/20/2008 6:55:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker
#11 Posted : 1/22/2008 7:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate to be that guy...but is there any way to make the forum take up the whole browser screen? Because right now I've got a fixed ratio frame centered on my page with ~100 or so pixels on either side. Even if this is something unchangeable, is there any way to change it from the 30% gray that it's at?

[edit]
That link was no-go Confused

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 1/22/2008 7:12:34 AM

"No, seriously"

Hello Dream Walker,

It's ok to be that guy, thats what makes improvements.

To be able to use the whole width just goto this link:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/Default.aspx

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Dream Walker
#13 Posted : 1/22/2008 7:21:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that was quick...I also noticed that a good deal of the quotes didn't get displayed properly...Different format from the old system maybe? That and some users have 0 posts associated with them...oh wait I think I just figured that one out. Those must be the posts that migrated over...

PS- That link was a no-go Confused