We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Second Pull Disaster Options

Majora
#1 Posted : 5/26/2017 9:29:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Next time I will do better job of documenting in case of problems.....

tl;dr
I think somehow washing my spice with tap water and violently shaking ruined the whole pull.
---EDIT
well after further research im not POSITIVE that was emulsion but sounds like i have seen my first emulsion, and would explain how this pull got ruined, maybe if I had just lightly rolled the mix during washing none of these problems would have happened

its come to my attention that that foamyness/weirdness in my washing vessel MAY have been an "emulsion" I'm not sure what one looks like. I had violently shook my vessel with the naphtha and tap water when i was washing it. Maybe this is what ruined the pull.

--original post
Okay So I did my first pull with 400ml of naptha and was WAY too much evaporated down to a minimal amount and eventually collected 350mg of yellow powder. I was able to scrape it off the pyrex tray after normal freez precip.

On my first pull i did a carbon wash of 100mlwater/5g of baking soda

people told me my yield of 350mg was very low so i thought maybe that the culprit was either

1. I have heard reports that doing a baking soda wash causes a big loss of DMT yield. I am not sure how true this is.

2.I had used too much naptha and having to take it in and out of freezer multiple times was causeing the low yield.

So my second pull i rolled around for an hour. I suspected that the baking soda had caused low yield. I washed out the jar that had the baking soda water in it and filled with just regular water.

When I put in the naphtha on top of the baking soda water, I shook it like last time, except this time it foamed up very weirdly and the naphtha which was rather clear before, looked kinda weird and foamy. I thought it was very strange and even after waiting for like 10 minutes it didnt settle. So i pulled and after small evap put in freezer.

for 3 days i evapped more and every time i took it out it would be frozen in a big clump with yellowy looking powder gunk in there, but it would always melt back as soon as i take it out.

I had hardly any liquid in it this time when i took it out the liquid was all frozen! but it melted down into liquid again. Im thinking maybe normal water polluted the naptha some how.

Im sitting here trying to just evap all the rest of the liquid since freeze precip is total failing at this point, and wonder how to save this pull.

Somehow by washing with regular water instead of baking soda caused it to foam up and ruin the yield or something. So while washing with baking soda maybe reduced my yield, the water wash maybe destroyed it completly. I am evaporating this for like the 3rd time and it seems like not very concentrated and is not evapping.

I think its polluted with regular water.

If anyone is interested i upladed 4 videos of my solvent on the chat area, since i couldnt do it here.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/26/2017 6:21:12 PM

Come what may

If you have 1000ml of aqueous solution containing your DMT, you should only need 100ml of naphtha for that pull.

Are you using regular baking soda? If so, that is incorrect, baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, you need sodium carbonate. You can convert sodium bicarbonate to sodium carbonate. Please check this link for that info -> https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...te_into_Sodium_Carbonate

I wouldn't use regular tap water, always use distilled water.

IMO, I wouldn't worry about a sodium carbonate wash. A simple rx works fine and you can eliminate the wash stage. If you do decide on a wash I would do some more research before you try again. Look through all the extraction teks you can find.

If you get any kind of emulsion you can let it sit until it settles down or you can run hot water over your container or a simple heat bath. Heat will reduce the emulsion rather quickly in my experience.

All in all I think you should do some more research on extractions. You can make this much easier on yourself. It can be very simple, don't over complicate it. Check in the chat room for assistance during your next extraction. Many people will be more than happy to help you and guide you through it. Best thing you can do is learn more.

Good luck!

Good luck!

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

sendokon
#3 Posted : 5/26/2017 11:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about earthwalkers tek? W the mini ab the results are great n clean
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

DMTea Nexian
#4 Posted : 5/27/2017 2:03:05 AM

my mind is the universe and I'm the traveler, on a long journey...

I read you shouldn't shake it so that is where you could've gone wrong, then again tap water is impure with minerals and trace elements etc. You could have also used the wrong baking soda as DmnStr8 had stated. Use basified(lye) water instead.
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."
-Terrence Mckenna

DMTea Nexian
#5 Posted : 5/27/2017 2:06:40 AM

my mind is the universe and I'm the traveler, on a long journey...

http://m.wikihow.com/Mak...droxide-Chemically?amp=1 is a simple way to make Naoh and would be 1000 times better...

Good luck!
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."
-Terrence Mckenna

Majora
#6 Posted : 5/27/2017 6:33:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMTea Nexian wrote:
http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Sodium-Hydroxide-Chemically?amp=1 is a simple way to make Naoh and would be 1000 times better...

Good luck!

I don't think you understand me, I already have pure Lye, I used in the soup. It is in the process of washing that I think that this problem was created.

I did bicarbonate wash first time - this had no emulsions, but a low yield
and regular water wash second. - this turned into what I believe was a emulsion and was ruined.

I was under the impression that emulsions cannot form during the washing of the naphtha, but I was definetly wrong, I am 97% sure that was an emulsion.

This is only my first batch and second pull but I have learned a lot from this first extract. As others have said I need to continue to practice and continue my research.

I think that my next extract will go much smoother, knowing not to use too much naphtha, being careful for emulsions even with the washing.

Considering skipping the wash also, and maybe going for a Re-X.