We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cwe works surprisingly well, part deux Options

exquisitus
#1 Posted : 5/22/2017 4:19:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

another month, another psa...
initial conditions more or less same as in part une...
exccept it's 105g rue this time (hi jees).
whole seeds. roasted as per jees' method.
so if you needed additional proof that whole seeds work well with cwe, you are welcome.
in my case for some reason, contrary to popular belief, whole seeds needed much more filtering and much more washing. i kid ya not.

final yield 9.56g net beautiful powder, part une was with the filter, this time it's net. weighted in a styrofoam plate (1.96g). total with plate 11.52g. triple checked as always.
yes, that's what is commonly known as "freebase".

i dare ya to get a better yield Smile

here is a tip. extreme dehydrating makes most of it detach from the filter in one huge lump, which is great, as i hate scrapin filters with a passion. see photo. irl the color is wayyyy lighter, photo looks misleading, too dark, as there wasn't nearly enough light coming from above.

if somebody posts idiot proof instructions re manske here and is curious how much there will be left after manske, i might be tempted to follow those. do not refer me to faqs or posts here or elsewhere, do not assume i have not read those years ago even the original publications from a bygone era, tried them and was disappointed. i do not do manske, because it disappoints me every time. how could people grow beautiful crystals is beyond me, i ride the special bus...
exquisitus attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170521_223829.jpg (2,015kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 5/22/2017 9:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

exquisitus wrote:
... roasted as per jees' method....

IIRC the 105 gr was to end with 100gr dry seeds after the drying process. Oven drying preferred to roasting in a pan-on-a-fire because of better temperature control in the oven and more convenient overall (just let it sit for some hours). Main purpose for drying is to make them pretty good grind-able. For whole seeds tek's it's not necessary, as I think of it now.

I'm quite sure you have some (plant) 'impurities' in that high yield of yours, you should not be afraid to manske, it really is a powerful swipe broom. Personally I like to start manske after the acidic state goes trough a coffee filter well enough. Just a habit of mine to clean up with several A/B's, each time filtering the A-state and if that is too difficult then I let settle overnight and decant (siphon-off actually) the Acid state. I want my acid state clean before manske, this is not a must but only how I work. By then (after overnight settling) you can coffee filter easily the very last basic state precipitates from the base liquid with coffee filter.
Dump the strained base lump in 500 - 750 ml water of which 1/3 to 1/4 is vinegar (lesser would work but then check pH being acid) , heat it, it should completely dissolve and make a clear yellow/orange liquid. While there's hot steam coming off (not boiling) I add salt, dissolve salt, add more,..., until there's tiny tiny crystals forming on the surface. Heat to near boiling they should disappear, if not add some water to lower concentration. I don't weight the salt. Poor the hot liquid trough coffee filter you catch some new 'dirt' here. Let cool 24 hours, last hours in fridge. Should work. Again this is not 'the' method or 'best' method, just a way to do it. Though this method copes automatically with variable concentration issues and acid levels.

If I work with whole seeds, I squeeze them hard at the end of each wash and that gives a liquid that is just as difficult to filter than grinded soaks. So I hear you on that point.
Let it settle overnight and siphon off the top layer is only solution then.

You could easily start experimenting with 1/2 or 1/4 of your product to manske to see how it goes. You need less a volume of water then.

If you see nice pics of mansked needles, beware its usually after multiple manskes only then the neat stuff shows. First manskes are looking not as shiny nicey.
You don't have to base between 2 sequenced manskes, just needing lesser acid and salt (there's always residual salt).

Hope this helps.

exquisitus
#3 Posted : 5/23/2017 1:25:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

excellent advice jees, as expected, thanx Smile
will follow closely when i get some good vinegar and salt soon.
if only i could find where my box of zinc dust from ukraine is, i might even throw some of into the mix Smile

exquisitus
#4 Posted : 5/25/2017 9:03:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have written this many times here, and i will write it again and again and again...
chemistry is not really a science...

i feel like i am doing alchemy instead. nothing wrong with that per se. alchemy is a valuable pursuit in itself, it's only that for all intents and purposes, i was under the impression that when doing a/b, manske, etc, etc in carefully controlled conditions using glassware, scales and whatnot "chemistry" scientific paraphernalia, some repeatable observable patterns will emerge, upon which an inquisitive mind would be able to contemplate and come up with a reasoble course of action... an activity usually called "doing chemistry". did not happen.

as i wrote above, countless manskes i have done so far were complete failures, never ever managed to get precipitate that would reasonably match expectation. yes, i knew the salt requirements, i even tried a fairly upscale brand of "himalayan" (i know where it's produced and that is a scam) salt. always failure. doing everything according to canon and still failing...

today i went and bought "pickling salt", generic big grocery store variety, nothing fancy. and to my enourmous amazement it frigging worked. woah... got precipitate that matches expectations. and very fast at that, within an hour. the salt looked so cool in the box, huge crystals, got a subtle feeling of power from it, so i thought to myself, now or never, if that stuff does not work, nothing will...

i followed van der sypt's paper to the letter, ratios and all, but that resulted in terribly over the top salt contamination... no matter, i will tune the process further, at least it now more or less works.

so if everything else fails for ya, try pickling salt, just in case.

to me this makes no sense. salt is salt. new age spin doctors and braindead "naturopaths" and their ridiculous claims aside, there are no subtypes of sodium chloride with divergent properties, or are there? a fairly reasonable consclusion would be that yes, there are functional "subtypes", whatever that may mean, and such a conclusion instills a subtle sense of dread because if such a simple compound still holds mysteries, then the ocean of "scientific" ignorance we all swim in is trully of staggering vastness...

exquisitus
#5 Posted : 5/25/2017 10:36:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

while i am on the topic of "science", a curious vignette for your enjoyment Smile

yesterday i read a physics textbook about a curious effect, that could be used to define the boundary living vs not-living among many many way more practical applications. the author worked with a whole constellation of nobel laureates and she is one very very very smart lady indeed, feynman level smart (or in rpg terms level 77 intelligence Smile ).

i have been researching this for a very long time, but the book still blew my mind... practical applications of said effect, currently developed in russia (or was it in ukraine), whould allow for storing and replaying mental states (also dreams, altered states, etc) much in the way music records is handled today. i would sign up for it yesterday if i could, unfortunately it's a very closed field, as the stakes are very high. actually, it's a historical fact that such applications emerged from the intelligence/counter-intelligence business (huge money involved), where cloak and dagger is the mo. obviously the tech has huge potential for military use, and assorted abuse, so what one day might emerge as a consumer product, might be very far off from the real deal. still, better than nothing, if you ask me. so perhaps soon all psychonauts will have a new toy to play with, in fact a working prototype was promised for the 1st quarter of 2017. hang in there.

but anyway...

why i am mentioning this? the "science proper" angle.

the historic context of the scientific r&d around said effect is no less fascinating than the effect itself. the funny thing is that according to western "scientists" (mainly in us) the effect does not take place. period.

just imagine how funny the situation is. in russia/ukraine millions and millions of people undergo treatment based on this effect. the departments of health in the russian sphere of influence approved the technology officially long time ago, with certificates, trials and whatnot, and russian standards (from ussr times) are way stricter than elsewhere in those matters. countless scientific publications. multiple open and restricted (as in 20 yrs "don't show your face on record" ndas restricted) labs. hundreads of companies selling medical devices (not cheap at all) and making piles of money.

and in the west all that is scientifically impossible. quite officially. impossible to replicate, therefore also ontologically impossible.

the book i mentioned actually even explains at length and in details why such a completely ridiculous situation developed and that part of the book is a veritable tour de force. bottom line, "scientists" contaminated their "research" with way too many preconceived misconceptions, a clear case for the ages of "scientific" arrogance gone wild, methinks.

so much for science. "science" and reality diverge so easily, oftentimes ontological claims of objectivity don't fit reality even for simple practical purposes. a broader, less stiff view on things might help.