We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marsfold extraction question Options

Dimethylfeind
#1 Posted : 5/25/2017 2:49:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I am currently extracting and would like to know if I messed up or not. I'm using the Marsfold tek and there is a step where you pour your water/vinegar solution from a crock pot into a glass container. You let all of the mimosa sediment fall to the bottom of the jar and then pour the liquid into a wine jug. The problem is I accidently didn't let all of the sediment rest to the bottom and poured it straight from the crock pot into the wine jug. Is this sediment in my wine jug going to ruin the extraction for me? Thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Praxis.
#2 Posted : 5/25/2017 3:28:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You want as little sediment as possible, but this is easy to fix. Just pour it all back into the crock-pot and clean the glass container. Then pour the solution from the crock-pot back into the glass, being careful not to pour off the sediment. Use a turkey baster, a pipette, or a coffee filter if it makes it easier.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

AcidShard
#3 Posted : 5/25/2017 3:38:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could pour it back, rinse the wine bottle with acidic water, pour it back into your original container,
then let settle again and continue like normal.
Coffee filters help for filtering things other than coffee, too. Big grin

Good luck, I hope the rest of your extraction goes well!

Beat me to it Praxis!

Dimethylfeind
#4 Posted : 5/25/2017 3:40:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:
You want as little sediment as possible, but this is easy to fix. Just pour it all back into the crock-pot and clean the glass container. Then pour the solution from the crock-pot back into the glass, being careful not to pour off the sediment. Use a turkey baster, a pipette, or a coffee filter if it makes it easier.

Thanks but what if I already added the base solution too? Is it still safe to pour back into the crock pot and redo it?

AcidShard
#5 Posted : 5/25/2017 3:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's already based, I would do a sodium carb wash and a recrystallization.

Dimethylfeind
#6 Posted : 5/25/2017 3:54:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AcidShard wrote:
If it's already based, I would do a sodium carb wash and a recrystallization.

Ok thank you I appreciate the info. What I did (being the impatient person I sometimes am) was pour the contents of the wine jug into another glass container and cleaned the jug. I will now wait until the sediment settles and use a glass turkey baster to transfer back to the wine jug. If it comes out dirty still I will do the wash. Anything wrong with what I just did?

AcidShard
#7 Posted : 5/25/2017 4:39:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The mimosa particles will hold lye, you might not get it all out even if you're super careful and it looks good.
I don't know how well the plastic bulb on basters hold up to high ph liquids, usually fine for acidic water or NPS.
I would continue as normal, do your pulls, wash the naphtha with sodium carbonate, then with pure water (both quickly), then freeze precipitate and do a re-x on your finished product.

If any of this doesn't make sense, check out the extraction page on the wiki,
read through multiple teks and the re-x and soda carb wash sections.

It is hard to be patient with your first extraction, but it pays to take your time.
Also, the chat is a good place for quick answers - or use the search function.

Good luck, be safe.
I hope it is a success!

Dimethylfeind
#8 Posted : 5/25/2017 5:29:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok thank you for the info