We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : If you don't care about getting xtals, is STB worth doing on ACRB?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 6 85 %
No 1 14 %

POLL: If you don't care about getting xtals, is STB worth it on ACRB? Options

BringsUsTogether
#1 Posted : 5/25/2016 2:59:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay so I know that this topic has been discussed to death, but I've always thought that STB teks give poor yields on ACRB.

However, I've recently witnessed a STB extraction on ACRB that yielded nearly 2% of relatively potent yellow goo.

As someone who doesn't care much for purity and white fluffy xtals, should I also just do STB teks from now on?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 5/25/2016 3:28:41 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I voted yes. If you don't care about purity and/or crystals then just about any tek will work with ACRB. However, I prefer to perform a mini a/b as a cleanup step on any extraction involving ACRB, be it STB or typical a/b. Could just be me though!

Very happy
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 5/25/2016 4:25:31 AM

Come what may

No.

Goo is lame in my opinion. It is not very hard to get some nice crystals. You can achieve nice crystals with a STB or A/B. If your not big on filters and the whole nine yards with A/B then just stick with the STB. If you have already gone through the A/B, then you might as well go all the way and create some crystals. Not to mention yields are always higher with a A/B.

Ditch the goo!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 5/25/2016 6:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You dont care about purity right; do you care about getting majority of alkaloids out? I would think so......

Theres more factors than whether you did an acid soak/boil before hand or not......

How fine is your bark ground up? Did you do a few freeze/thaws on it? How high was the ph when based? How long did you let it sit after basing before pulling? What did you use to pull, how much did you use?

Personally I'd just do everything possible to helpo make the most of it, its not that much effort ......

Anyways consider all the factors and then decide how much you care and how much time/energy/thought you wanna put in

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 5/25/2016 7:13:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always do a STB on acrb and I'm with TGO, I always do a mini a/b and my yields are usually great. Yield also varies on bark quality. I just must have good bark.

I also get nice white xtals, and goo. A little of both. I just keep them separate. A lot of it is personal preference. I wouldn't really say one way is better than the other.

Sandgrease
#6 Posted : 5/24/2017 12:56:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump. Goo works for me because I make Changa and Enhanced leaf.

smoothmonkey
#7 Posted : 6/14/2017 9:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STB works just fine for ACRB. I've consistantly pulled 1.5-2% white fluffy xtals using STB and mini-AB.
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।