We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spirituality & Mastery Options

seagull
#1 Posted : 5/20/2017 10:43:00 PM

Hello world!

Welcome,

My definition of spirituality: A sense of moving towards a direction which feels either positive or negative. But either way the "spirit" does so without knowledge and therefor does not know exactly how to handle certain situations.
(the way of Shiva)

Mastery; When a being becomes aware of the impact of handling certain situations. Such as eating food which positivly affects the body. Or creating and then using a language in order to convey concepts.
Being able to make the distinction and then conciously choosing the path you want to travel.
(the way of the Budha)

With this post i want to debate and find solutions to move from one point to another.
Also im not judging whether one aspect is better then the other, but i would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

*Also is there a possibility to combine these 2 aspects??*
Greets,
The Gull.
You&Iverse

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/21/2017 2:04:37 AM

Come what may

Double post... please delete
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 5/21/2017 2:04:40 AM

Come what may

Spirituality: Mumbo jumbo word that means nothing now a days. It's all over the place. The only place I look for answers is within. Selfality. Lol My new word. That's my view.

Mastery: As soon as you claim to be a master you will place yourself upon a pedestal and all learning will slow to a crawl. No such thing as mastery. We are always teaching and learning. Best to approach everything being a teacher and student at the same time.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

tseuq
#4 Posted : 5/22/2017 8:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

offtopic:

DmnStr8 wrote:
Mastery: As soon as you claim to be a master you will place yourself upon a pedestal and all learning will slow to a crawl. No such thing as mastery.

A good example of how a judgment about myself and the identification with a certain idea can influence my experience, it brings rigidity which can cause friction. To think of being an idiot has just similar consequences.

DmnStr8 wrote:
We are always teaching and learning. Best to approach everything being a teacher and student at the same time.

Open ears, open eyes, open heart, open mind, full power, now.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Rising Spirit
#5 Posted : 5/23/2017 4:04:35 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Stop
seagull wrote:
My definition of spirituality: A sense of moving towards a direction which feels either positive or negative. But either way the "spirit" does so without knowledge and therefor does not know exactly how to handle certain situations.
(the way of Shiva)

An interesting definition and quite unique. I personally believe spirituality is a rather nebulous term, these days. Perhaps it always has been? Like all concepts, it is born of thought. As thought is unseen and immaterial, it too, can be seen as spiritual in nature. Or does spirit imply a kind of unity and holistic interconnection? It certainly does in my book and also, movement. Still, it can be a slippery slope of semantics, when we apply language to the ineffable, but of course.

Essentially, the spiritual states are occurring within an area of our experience which takes us to parallel places/spaces, residing deeper within the subtler, immaterial realms of our existential being. The literal source of the word "spirituality", is the Latin word, Spiritus, which means breathe/ breathing. This parallels the Vedic notion of Prana, which is the vast realm of universal energy, which itself, is linked directly to the breath. Ergo, the spiritual is the very breathe of life.

Tesla believed this material paradigm was overlayed upon a field of energy, an emptiness which supported the fullness of material existence, which he labelled, ether. Said ether supplies living potentiality to the inert matter which we perceive as life, here on planet earth. If ether is sort of an invisible source of energy, as with breath, it reacts directly with all phenomena. Much like an image is reflected within a mirror.

So, if air and ether are of the spirit, it is because they lack a denser vibratory rate and possess solidity or distinct form? This points towards an unseen realm of reality, or perhaps, the interior phenomena which takes place in seamless conjunction with physical reality. But if we look closer at any material object, we discover it's hidden spiritual nature.

Now, that is an enormous expansion of focus and attention. A shift from the surface to the depths. These alternate, insubstantial fields do also exist within the material dimensions, as the physical paradigm is born of spirit, as well... but what makes spirituality distinct from materiality, is the higher vibration which one observes and the interrelationship born of shifting attention from one band of thought to another. It takes as ascension of conscious-awareness to perceive of those levels of higher vibratory rates and relative manifestation, which stem from the totality. The inside of the outside. Thumbs up

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Infectedstyle
#6 Posted : 5/23/2017 5:56:02 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

^Nice Pleased