We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT: Irritating and troublesome "pattern matching" of our brain? Options

Ram Dazz
#1 Posted : 5/15/2017 8:48:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends,

In my last experiences with DMT I recognized that my brain try to interpret the strange DMT patterns. This pattern recognition
is done automatically and can't be suppressed. Remember a Smiley...there are just two dots and a semi circle but we see a smiling face.
Every time we have a new significantly intense experience the brain does a database search for similar experiences. With DMT this must go wrong.
Smile

How do I come to the conclusion?
I currently use a technic that I learned from meditation...observing/monitoring the brain and see in witch part of my brain are thoughts and emotions created.
This helps me a lot to get not overwhelmed/overrun/blitz from DMT.

But this "pattern recognition" of our brain leads to wrong results/misinterpreting like:.
* Devils faces
* Letters on surfaces
* Alien engines
* Crystal rooms
* Insectoid Aliens etc.
This is sometimes really "freaking out"

Questions
* Do we every have a chance to see the DMT realm as it is? Sometimes I feel like a dump cavemen watching the internet.
* How to suppress this mechanism of wrong pattern matching?
* Maybe this also the reason that we forget so fast the beautiful DMT details...because what we experience doesn't fit into this pattern matching brain.
* Does high dose helps? I'm not sure...this leads for me to time running reverse and a lot of flashes.

BTW,I believe this also the case with other things like LSD.

Thx

Ram Dazz

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/15/2017 9:03:38 PM

Come what may

There are no landmarks in hyperspace. Nothing is familiar at all. I think the mind attempts to fill in the blanks. I don't think there is much to be done about it from a standpoint of trying to control the mind during the experience. The mind is going to do what it is going to do.

Imagination plays an important part in my DMT journeys. It's a right brain activity. The imagination is not logical. It wants to be abstract. It wants to create and doesn't care about prior experience as much as the left brain.

If you see something that looks like a demon face or whatever just allow it to be that. The more you try and change it the more it will become what you focus on. It can be difficult to just allow the experience to unfold without reading into it based off of prior experience. Try and relax into the experience and let go. Don't set up expectations.

The mind will get used to going through these experiences and some things will start to seem familiar. It's just confounding any which way. Hard to say what could help.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 5/15/2017 9:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
There are no landmarks in hyperspace. Nothing is familiar at all. I think the mind attempts to fill in the blanks. I don't think there is much to be done about it from a standpoint of trying to control the mind during the experience. The mind is going to do what it is going to do.

Imagination plays an important part in my DMT journeys. It's a right brain activity. The imagination is not logical. It wants to be abstract. It wants to create and doesn't care about prior experience as much as the left brain.

If you see something that looks like a demon face or whatever just allow it to be that. The more you try and change it the more it will become what you focus on. It can be difficult to just allow the experience to unfold without reading into it based off of prior experience. Try and relax into the experience and let go. Don't set up expectations.

The mind will get used to going through these experiences and some things will start to seem familiar. It's just confounding any which way. Hard to say what could help.

Yeah, just let it happen. Just enjoy the beauty of it.

Ram Dazz
#4 Posted : 5/15/2017 9:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hallo Dmnstr8,

Thanks for your reply...fast reply.
Smile
As always you speak with great wisdom...and I guess...with a lot of experiences.
Smile

You are right...let the daemon face be a daemon face. But on the other hand how can I be sure
that the DMT Angel is see in my vision is really an Angel? May be my brain prevent that I recognize the real
nature of this being "Angel".
In the "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" I read that it is essential not to be fooled by our own imagination.

Second point....to understand the pattern matching in my brain, it helps me to avoid the fear.

Thx
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 5/16/2017 12:06:44 AM

Come what may

Ram Dazz wrote:
As always you speak with great wisdom...and I guess...with a lot of experiences.

That made me chuckle! Laughing

Sometimes I just get to blabbing and get lucky with the wisdom thing! Wink

Experience... For better or worse.... I have done a lot of psychedelics in my life. Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Ram Dazz
#6 Posted : 5/16/2017 5:47:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hallo DmnStr8,
Let me ask you...using psychedelics over a longer time ...is it always as the first time?

Thx

Infectedstyle
#7 Posted : 5/16/2017 11:34:18 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Hello Ram Dazz

I´ll let you in on my thoughts on the subject. Having read a lot about lucid dreaming and shared dreaming. The phenomenon are similar. In shared dreaming when you meet another person who you haven´t seen before on the internet. I have noticed a similar pattern come up. I will visually see my father and in my dreamlike thoughts I will believe that I am speaking to my father. At the same time I am aware that this person is speaking exactly in the style that the person I met on internet does and who I share dream with. My mind will come up with excuses: It will conclude that my father has been the person 'fooling' me and 'stalking' me for years on the internet. It is such ridiculous thought forms that are common in dreams. But upon waking up I feel positive that this dream person behaved and actually is exactly as the person I met on the internet. I have never seen its'face so the brain must come up with an image. It looks into the memory bank and recognizes an older person so it immediately thinks of a father figure. This is a common theory in lucid dreaming. They call it Schemas on the forum I read about this.

To me, hyperspace and its inhabitants sometimes do not have a visual appearance at all. They just are invisible for the most part. Yet they communicate mentally. There where some qualities that my brain relays back to a book I read from Robert Monroe. And it automatically figures that these are similar aspects of hyperspace. This is how it's relayed for me.

Lastly, I currently believe that perception/maya/illusory perception is inseperable aspect of consciousness in hyperspace. It can expands as it grows and learns more. i.e. reading a book inserts more capacity for different symbolism to manifest in perception. But it's inserted from another's perspective. My guess is that there's no real reality to be found. I do not believe there's a real material reality underneath the illusory patterns. Especially not when it comes to hyperspace.

Hieroglyphic letters, Alien engines, Crystals. I believe these are not just personal brain symbols. I think they are part of a collective heritage of language. They could represent a more archetypal language. Hence the lettering. That is either part of our historic relationship with hyperspace. Or they are part of a language that is more ancient than humans itself.

Maya in vedic texts is not only illusion but also power. Maya-shakti. But that is in Brahmic consciousness. to my mind that is part of primordial consciousness and doesn't neccesarily include humans at all. We are just a speck on the cosmic diversity. Razz

I"m sorry for some of my reading style I admit I am a bit hasty in my posting I just wanted to this out as soon as possible before having to get on with my day. I hope this ensues additional thoughts in you or a discussion going, interesting topic!

Edit: I may edit a bit soon for readibality
Edit: Sugget zooming in, out

DmnStr8
#8 Posted : 5/16/2017 2:00:12 PM

Come what may

Ram Dazz wrote:
Hallo DmnStr8,
Let me ask you...using psychedelics over a longer time ...is it always as the first time?

Thx

I think that is exactly what psychedelics do. Show you something like its the first time. Approaching everything like it's the first time.

To answer your question more directly, I would say no. It is not ever like the first time. It will never be like the first time ever again. It is like this time, every time.

I have been to hyperspace and everything seemed so familiar. Like I had been there before. Maybe I have, maybe I'm always there in some way. Maybe I have been here and there a million times before, but now is the only time I have. It's all about now and this time around. No need to chase the dragon so to speak. All we have is now. I concentrate on that and let the past be the past, the future be the future and do my best to remain present.

tseuq
#9 Posted : 5/16/2017 2:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ram Dazz wrote:
You are right...let the daemon face be a daemon face.

Twisted Evil

Ram Dazz wrote:
But on the other hand how can I be sure that the DMT Angel is see in my vision is really an Angel? May be my brain prevent that I recognize the real nature of this being "Angel".

What for? Why does it seem important to you to recognize the/any difference? What is angel/demon?

What is the real nature of anything more than anything itself, of what is right now? How can I experience the real nature of anything when I break it down to a f.e. 2-dimensional-plane (good/bad - right/wrong), based on my subjective interpretation of my ego-based mind, which has the only task to maintain its own survival (fear based - avoidance oriented life). The brain / (life) can never do anything / be "wrong", it is eager to adapt the organism in every moment to the upcoming situation/stimulus (= function). Maybe the skills/behavioural patterns which we have developed are dysfunctional in regards to our goals. As long as the goals are the same or no new skills are developed, no change will occur.

Ram Dazz wrote:
In the "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" I read that it is essential not to be fooled by our own imagination.

...our own imagination, the illusion of "self"?

I imagine myself as the flame of a candle, burning in endless stillness, calm, slow and steady. This is my state of being when I let it (thoughts: fears/desires/...) all go, when I am free and unattached to any upcoming image of the mind and experience myself as unfolding here-and-now-presence.
On the other hand, whenever I find myselves hustling (the flame dances -acting- in the wind -fear/desire-), it doesn't matter if it is for the "good" or the "bad", I can ask myself of the underlying motivation/intention/fear behind this this action. Why do I behave and feel like this right now?

All these actions I do and emotions I experience are the expression of experienced conflicts (fears, desires,...) and its coping in the here and now of my (illusionary) self.

"The village is in flames.
Who wants more tea?"

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Ram Dazz
#10 Posted : 5/21/2017 7:04:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gentlemens,

I currently read your postings...give me time to find a good response...your postings
deserve it.
Smile
Till tomorrow.

Thanks for your valued input.

Ram Dazz

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 5/21/2017 8:16:08 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Quote:

Certainly not wise to be fooled. To think in terms of angel/demon and then extrapolate that is what u are witnessing. It seems there's an underlying mechanism to the whole visual hallucination. A jester is not really a clown in hyperspace.

May I suggest when you encounter an image like that to maybe try holding on to the image and demanding more detail from hyperspace. I know there's so much going on and not little time in there. But I really think it might help.

Namastaa

Ram Dazz
#12 Posted : 5/22/2017 9:21:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gentlemens,

maybe we/I open the pandora box with the help of spice?
Smile
But back to our discussion.
Smile

What I trying to say is: Every time (with the help of DMT) we enter a world of illusions, mirrors, hidden and lost memories and all
of this is combined with feelings of familiarity. And then comes the brain (perfectly created in a hostile world) and start
working, but this brain is not trained for this new experiences.

I'm 90% sure that especially in a transition phase (the first 30 to 50 sec.) I (my brain) experiences foolish distractions. After that phase I see (sometimes) beings in an environment (beyond words) and my pattern matching brain creates after 1 sec. a insectoid face in a crystal room from this.
Boom...

What I currently try to do is:
* Smoke more in a shorter time (I'm not very successful)
* Learn to give up personality, let go and enter the void (becomes better and better but currently not perfect)

Actual situation:
* Everything is in flow. I don't know what to believe, what is true and what is a good foundation/starting point.
* Sounds dramatically but is it not for me. I have more the feeling that I wake up and open my eyes.

@Infectedstyle: Very interesting points. I will investigate this in my next sessions.
Smile

Thx and I'm courious about your replies.
BTW, even if I not mentioned every line you wrote I did read it carefully and it is very valuable for me.
Smile