We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
harmala tea + vaped DMT Options

Nereus
#1 Posted : 5/20/2017 1:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The harmine HCl (200mg) was dissolved in a glass of water and consumed. At T+25, a gel cap with another 200mg harmine was taken. At T+45, DMT was vaped and it had the normal 15 minute duration, followed by a purge and vertigo from the harmine.

400mg ime is a heroic dose. One question though. Do you know how pure the harmine extract was? Is there a chance that the 400mg could have been less, given the fact that harmalas in HCl form can be somewhat salt contaminated and have more weight than the actual alkaloid content in a dose?

Even so 400mg of a medium-pure extract should give you a pretty long window of action, i'd say 2-4hrs by the minimum. Have you only tried to vape once during this time or have there been subsequent try outs?

If you only tried vaping just a single time then one explanation could be that you vaped too early. You've also said that this person has a slow metabolism, it is possible that you've vaped before most of the enzymes did inhibit properly and caused a misfire.

Another thing that could play a role in the delayed onset of harmalas are foods consumed some time prior the initial RIMAs dosing. Sometimes even if a small snack has been ingested before dosing, the harmalas could have absorbed in it and create a delayed onset or diminish their effect. It happens, i've encountered this issue caused by a pear fruit eaten 1hr or 45min prior dosing 300mg of harmalas for a pharma experience. And while one person(same dosage) had a full blown pharma experience, the other one misfired because not having a close to empty stomach.

Dosing harmalas can be easy as can be tricky. But once one knows how to listen to the body it should become easier.

For me the activity for oral ROA also happens after T+60 almost always and i feel my metabolism is normal. Although after i dose harmalas i can clearly feel when their effect is starting to settle in. And only after i feel something from them i go ahead and add the rest. Usually a moderate 200mg dose i can feel it starting to work in 30min, but at T+45 i would be ready to blast off. This would only leave me a short time span to play so i'd make sure to take advantage of it, hit the time window when it is perfect and use it well for the next hour or until it subsides.

Imo, and that's just personal preference, it doesn't hurt to wait 15 or so more minutes after dosing the RIMAs and before adding the light. If the dose/kg calculations are accurate and you know roughly how much time/dose you get, 15± minutes don't hurt. It's actually pretty neutral, and in your case at 400mg dose which in my experince is close to full inhibition, you should not worry about missing the time window as there will be plenty time for admixture at that step. Being careful not to arrive to early at the gates is another thing.

Also, gel cap type can play a role in the case of misfires. Some types digest faster while some take a lot longer. Tightly packed caps i've found to digest harder and hit harder once they break down the mother load. Be careful, that could also be a huge nausea trigger and what brings. My advice would be to not stuff them too tight as this will allow them to digest faster,easier and with minimal impact. If you can source enteric coated caps get those because they absorb faster...gel caps sourced from animal gelatine also work great..just avoid thick and coloured caps or ones that don't start to break down easy from heat or humidity.

I think a good idea is to first try and play with different harmala doses alone until you can isolate a feeling for it after which adding admixture should become easier regardless of ROA.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

starway6
#2 Posted : 5/20/2017 8:00:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Black caapi leaf....or rue tea works great for me thirty minutes before vaping spice!

Not shure why your extyracted maoi didnt work?...i simply made a tea from caapi ;leaf or rue seed and only used less than two grams of rue seed and could feel its effects very clearly...

Maybe you migh want to try a simple brewed maoi tea ...

Nereus
#3 Posted : 5/20/2017 11:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could also try to incorporate some harmaline along with the harmine. It is more stoney, yes. But it's maoi activity seems to be more potent than harmine alone. Just a thought.

For oral i always recommend 4mg/kg if a close to full inhibition dose is desired. At this point if a single maoi dose is administered i wouldn't wait more than T+30 for the admixture myself. That provides enough time for me to feel the dose and proceed further. There is also the case of predosing, where the 4mg/kg dose can be split in two; The first half being taken alone and leaving 15-20min in between. The next dose should be administered together with the admixture. I've had good results with both methods in the past.

I can't comment on other types of ROA as i've settled to the classics, but i'll link you to a thread that covers some info on the matter (in case you haven't read it yet)

The Ultimate Guide to DMT & Harmalas

Aum_Shanti
#4 Posted : 5/21/2017 7:40:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I do oral Harmalas and vape DMT I don't have a fixed time window. After ingesting the Harmalas I wait for as long until I strongly feel the effects of the Harmalas (this is usually for me around 1h-1.5h), then I vape...and it works for me...
It doesn't increase the intensity for me, but only lengthens the duration by about factor 3-4.

About dosages of Harmalas: You have to find the right dosage for each individual. E.g. it seems some rare people have much more MAOs than others and need much more Harmalas than others. But IMHO just doing Harmalas alone is the best way to test. Take as much as is needed until you feel the Harmala effects. Then you know your dosage.
I usually just get some motion sickness from Harmalas alone. So as long as I don't move I'm fine. Did your friend move around?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.