We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
my visual screen got stuck and the dmt trip seemingly paused Options

transcendent1
#1 Posted : 5/20/2017 3:48:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I've been on this site since i first discovered DMT and I've now smoked it about 10 times over about a the last 9 months but only recently registered this account, i think i find it hard to sit down and write about my experiences which are hard to remember, but today i felt like sharing this odd experience.

8 out of the 10 or so or times I've smoked the spice i used change but now i only have the freebase left. I haven't wanted to use the freebase because i don't have milligram scale and I've been worried about taking to much but after perusing through more of this forum tonight i had the urge and i figured i would just take a small amount and work my way up if needed to get an idea of the dosage i needed by eyeballing.

So i put a small amount between some parsley (dmt helped me quit weed after 10 years of daily use and i haven't smoked weed for 2 months now) and hit it and one go.

It definently was a small dose because as it was like a familiar DMT trip but it the visuals weren't as vibrant - i could definently still see beautiful visual moving Mandela like patterns but it was like my visual screen had reduced opacity - maybe 70% of previous experiences and the colours weren't vibrant. For this experience like the Mandelbrot zooming fractals I've seen on youtube the Mandela patters were coming towards me like my vision was zooming is on the patterns constantly but then something strange happened the zooming sort of stopped as this patterns ere cumming towards me, there was no more zooming and i noticed that, but the moving patterned wall was still coming towards me like it was going to crash into me. It came closer and closer and closer and was no longer zooming in until eventually it physically felt like it touched the tip of my nose and then suddenly just paused and stayed there. It was like the had approached me and then stopped at the level of eyes. Because i was so zoomed in i couldn't see any movement anymore and the the rest of the experience was just literally like it was paused or stuck like i had a picture on a piece of paper held right up at my eyeballs. It was actually quite boring being paused and then being on pause for about 2 minutes everything faded and the trip finished.

Guess i'm wondering about other thoughts about this and if anyone else ever had anything like this - and have other people had this lower opacity visual experiences on low dosages?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 5/20/2017 9:20:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had pretty similar experiences on low doses. Fractals frozen in time in the moment they stopped moving, but persist for a while. Quite boring. Pointless even.

I give in force my train of thought onto other things. Time for the "real world" again.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

ElevatorAlley
#3 Posted : 5/20/2017 9:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In some of my early, low-dosage trips when I was having trouble vaporizing an effective dose, I got the low-opacity waves. Colorless, even. Just barely-there fractal waves. Never got the "pausing," but I've only smoked a handful of times.

Naut
#4 Posted : 5/21/2017 1:44:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

transcendent1 wrote:
Hi all,

Hola amigo behind the avatar!

transcendent1 wrote:

Guess i'm wondering about other thoughts about this and if anyone else ever had anything like this - and have other people had this lower opacity visual experiences on low dosages?

I haven't had the zooming aspect per se, but the low opacity visuals definitely. To me their light aesthetic is akin to those small & highly translucent particles that occasionally are noticed coasting along one's eyeball. Rather fascinating stuff, I'm sure that was interesting to witness.
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.