We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings fellow travellers! Music lover/creator and philosopher wishing to join this spacecraft. :) Options

Invoker
#1 Posted : 4/9/2017 10:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I registered on this forum because I believe it's good to have a possibility to be in touch with people who "been there" and are greatly interested in the subject.

I'm interested in psychonautics since i was like 20 years old (now I'm 27). I started from lucid dreaming, OBEs and meditation and did that for years because I wanted to get "as far as possible" without drugs. But well, my practice got to a point of stagnation so after few years of "break from spiritualy" I decided to try psychedelics (because of my fascination with psychedelic music) at least which ignited the flame back to the point I doubt I'll stop practice of meditation and spirituality in general.

So far I had some microdose, medium and powerful trips on basic substances like LSD, DMT, psylocybin, mescaline and cannabis. I think I'm extremely sensitive to psychedelics thats why I don't trip that much, because of strong effect of substances on me I need a lot of time to internatlise the experiences, which I'm doing right now as well. I'm also scared of psychedelics a bit (or should I say i feel great awe and respect towards them) thats why for example at the moment I preffer just to meditate and I'm on total break from all psychedelics including cannabis. (right now even cannabis + a little meditation gets me to on the theshold of hyperspace - to the place I'm scared to get right now... unfinished DMT business I guess - long story on another occasion).

As to my life I'm doing Phd, I'm writing my doctorate about buddhist meditation (dhyanas). I'm practicing meditation according to buddhist theravada Dhammaloka tradition. I'm also attenting scientific conferences talking about meditation, psychedelics and generally philosophy of religion and philosophy of mind.

I'm also a DJ, mixing psychedelic music like psytrance, psybient, ambient and ethno/shamanic music. I'm a music producer of such music as well. I used to do black metal as multiinstrumentalist, but right now I pretty much dropped it to focus more on things I listed above.

Music is the greatest love of my life. Also one my Aya trip "confirmed" to me that music is what my life is about, my "thing". But I also have big affinity for knowledge and spirituality that's why I focus on all these areas in my life: music, spirituality, philosophy/science.

I'm mixture of being very critical thinking and sceptical but well... I'm also a very spiritual person and I believe that "this thing" in psychedelic experience is real and well, I'm trying to be resonating with its lessons in my life. So I'm into all this mystical aspect of life, but as McKenna said I think I know how to tell shit from shinola. I dislike hippies who are extremely naive in ways of spirituality, but sometimes in my fascination I share their enthusiasm, just in a more critical way.

I will post one very importiant trip report somewhere on this forum, because I believe this trip can contribute to the knowledge of hyperspace and I'm very curious about your opinions about it.

Well, that's it, if you want to ask me something, feel free to do so Smile
I hope I didn't make a mistake in writing too much about myself.

Best regards!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 4/9/2017 11:26:57 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus!

Feel free to share your music and trip reports, if you feel up to it. Be sure to check out the music/art/literature section of the site if you haven't already! Enjoy the forum!

PEACE
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 4/9/2017 11:34:23 PM

Come what may

Welcome to the nexus!

Glad to have you here! I practice zazen meditation. I enjoy meditation, it has helped me tremendously in my psychedelic practices.

You seem like a highly motivated person and I look forward to any future contribution you make. Make yourself at home and share about yourself as much as you like. This is a supportive community.

Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

JustAnotherHuman
#4 Posted : 4/10/2017 4:27:41 AM

You create your own reality

Hi Invoker!

First of all, you didn't make a mistake sharing what you did, it helps us get to know you better, which is never a bad thing.Big grin

Your story is quite unique, I enjoyed reading it. I'm also a music lover. I like psytrance also, especially Goa trance, so we have that in common.Big grin Feel free to share your music here, I for one would love to hear it!

I also have a question for you.

Since you take psychedelics and do meditation, do you have similar experiences with meditation as with psychedelics?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 4/10/2017 3:14:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome.

-eg

Invoker
#6 Posted : 4/10/2017 3:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your interest Smile

As to my music I'll share some links with you:
Here is link to my psytrance track I did together with my friend:
https://soundcloud.com/i...soundprayer-fear-nothing

More music/remixes:
https://soundcloud.com/invoker-psychedelic

Here is link to my mixcloud, where you can hear my DJ mixes:
https://www.mixcloud.com/Invoker-psychedelic/

As to your question: the relation between psychedelic and meditative experiences... it's a thing that extremely interests me!

I can't give the proper answer yet because my experience with meditation in not sufficient enough. But I was once at the verge od dhyana I think but I got scared that "DMT will kick in"
Also few days ago I had deep meditation in which I "felt" soft aroma of this sacredness that I experienced on DMT trips and my "body" felt like it was very powerful and energetic. Like I was between physical reality and "spiritual realm of mind". I also got scared and it ruined the experience so I could go no further then.

I find that my deepest meditative experiences which weren't ultra deep are in a way similiar to one realm of DMT... that thing where you lose ground, feeling like you're in some other sacred space and that you forget who you are. Total synesthesia of all sesnes, pure consciousness. But my meditation states were more "soft" on the eyes than DMT, there were not fractal pattens even when I felt swirling energy.

According to my scholar study, I think that difference between meditative absorbtion and psychedelic trip is that in psychedelic trip you have this power of spirit combined with MOVING mind - that's why all the different emotions, visions, encounters etc. while prequisite for meditative absorbtion is very deep concentration and letting go of everything, which results in UNMOVING mind. That's why meditative absorbtion is pure escstasy/emptiness, you name it, but the power might be similiar I suppose. I wonder if dhyana is actually connected with DMT+unmoving mind or it's something else. I really can't say yet.

Also I had one situation when I inhaled a lot of vaped THC. My trip was pretty deep in general. But when I sat down and focused on my breath I was getting to hyperspace, which was insane considering the fact is was just mery jane. So it figures how much meditation can empower the psychedelic tool.

It showed me that when you know how to meditate, even such soft psychedelic as cannabis can take you very far. So I think these things correlates with each other, but are not entirely similiar.

Psychedelics also have huge drawback over meditation I think - that is they are exhausting for the body and I think it influences the mind during the trip aswell, so the state cannot be as pure. It also can take you places that we are not ready yet. But well, it can also show other aspects and really fast forward our insights.

Well, thats my most importaint observations so far Smile

I think that this report of my changa trip is also relevant to the subject:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=74918

JustAnotherHuman
#7 Posted : 4/13/2017 9:57:37 PM

You create your own reality

I just listened to some of your stuff, and I must say, very, very good. You've got some talent, my friend!Thumbs up
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Invoker
#8 Posted : 4/14/2017 12:18:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot <3 Smile

Btw. as to the subject of psychedelics and meditation I found this thread, very nice information there:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13135

Yumi
#9 Posted : 4/14/2017 12:22:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am really digging the ovnimoon track, this is good stuff.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

Invoker
#10 Posted : 4/14/2017 2:18:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man Smile Of course it's OVNIMOON track, legendary artist of progressive psychedelic trance. I just did some re-arrangements to make it in my opinion a little bit more intense and enjoyable to my preferences Smile I do that to most of tracks I play in my DJ sets; that's why they're pretty unique. There is usually something in a track that if re-arranged a bit would suit more my style of mixing psytrance. My sets are VERY trance-like. Not much breakdowns or some unecessary elements that might break the feeling of continous trance and progressively evolving notion of ecstasy.

Yumi
#11 Posted : 4/14/2017 2:53:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm new to this genre of music, So I'm not familiar with many of the artists. I've listened to a few of the other songs on your page, And I still like them.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

Invoker
#12 Posted : 5/17/2017 12:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys Smile

Just want to say that I'm taking a break from this forum for a while. I had a situation when reading some stuff here gave me flashbacks, and I think I really need a break from even thinking about psychedelics, especially DMT Pleased

I will come back for sure, but after all my voyages so far it would be great to take a break, focus on day-to-day life, and when I'm done I will go back with new strength. I suppose a lot of you "was there". Smile

I've had extremely powerful meditative experience few days ago (I'd say might have been more powerful than DMT experience, or same strenght, especially when you take into consideration that this shit is happening when you're sober... but I've stopped it and opened my eyes, I just wasn't ready for this yet, I had this fear that if I dwell fully into it, it will transform me to the point of no return and I fear that I don't have enought foundation in life to make such a drastic changes yet) and I have to take a break even from meditation for now. I just can't go on into this magical/mystical world at the time, I have so much duties on my head that it's hard to connect living "two lives", it was going on for too long anyway. I'm afraid I'm on a crossroads now, that I could choose to live full-blown mystical life and my normal life. Since my day-to-day life situation really isn't stable and I don't feel like being a mystic, I'm dropping this stuff FOR NOW, since I don't wanna become a monk, so I need to make money etc.. and for that I cannot get distracted by uncontrollable altered states of consciousness all the time. I just have this intuition that it's too early yet to go sooo deep into this stuff. Also I need longer time period to reflect on things and don't make hasty decisions now. I'm 27 years old so I have a lot of life left to deal with this later. Pleased

I need to make progress in my waking state/normal life, then I will be able to progress in hyperspace/meditative world with much greater ease, when I internalize things I learned so far. I received so many lessons that I need more time to process them. It would be risky to get deeper into my mind now, when my life situation is not stable, as I'm already "too deep" right now. That's why total break is recommended I think.

Sooo... thanks for the nice time and see you in the future Smile I thought it will be kind to say I'm going on a break than just disappear without word.

Good luck guys!

DmnStr8
#13 Posted : 5/17/2017 1:33:29 AM

Come what may

Invoker wrote:
Hey guys Smile

Just want to say that I'm taking a break from this forum for a while. I had a situation when reading some stuff here gave me flashbacks, and I think I really need a break from even thinking about psychedelics, especially DMT Pleased

I will come back for sure, but after all my voyages so far it would be great to take a break, focus on day-to-day life, and when I'm done I will go back with new strength. I suppose a lot of you "was there". Smile

I've had extremely powerful meditative experience few days ago (I'd say might have been more powerful than DMT experience, or same strenght, especially when you take into consideration that this shit is happening when you're sober... but I've stopped it and opened my eyes, I just wasn't ready for this yet, I had this fear that if I dwell fully into it, it will transform me to the point of no return and I fear that I don't have enought foundation in life to make such a drastic changes yet) and I have to take a break even from meditation for now. I just can't go on into this magical/mystical world at the time, I have so much duties on my head that it's hard to connect living "two lives", it was going on for too long anyway. I'm afraid I'm on a crossroads now, that I could choose to live full-blown mystical life and my normal life. Since my day-to-day life situation really isn't stable and I don't feel like being a mystic, I'm dropping this stuff FOR NOW, since I don't wanna become a monk, so I need to make money etc.. and for that I cannot get distracted by uncontrollable altered states of consciousness all the time. I just have this intuition that it's too early yet to go sooo deep into this stuff. Also I need longer time period to reflect on things and don't make hasty decisions now. I'm 27 years old so I have a lot of life left to deal with this later. Pleased

I need to make progress in my waking state/normal life, then I will be able to progress in hyperspace/meditative world with much greater ease, when I internalize things I learned so far. I received so many lessons that I need more time to process them. It would be risky to get deeper into my mind now, when my life situation is not stable, as I'm already "too deep" right now. That's why total break is recommended I think.

Sooo... thanks for the nice time and see you in the future Smile I thought it will be kind to say I'm going on a break than just disappear without word.

Good luck guys!

Nothing wrong with that at all! I took a 20 year break from psychedelics!

Breaks are exactly what is needed from time to time and it's very healthy and good that you can recognize this within yourself. I wish you the best in your endeavors in life!! Hopefully we catch ya on the flip side?!

Happy travels friend!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

sendokon
#14 Posted : 5/20/2017 2:04:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone posted a link to soundcloud of a 30min track its called through the mist.
I wasnt able to reply to the post but its awesome, all my adventures so far have been with that song.
https://soundcloud.com/c...hefirst/through-the-mist
Figure id pass it along
Thank you to who it was that first posted it.
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Indicunt
#15 Posted : 6/13/2017 9:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there!

I love seeing other artists that are inspired by psychedelics. Psychedelic experiences really are perfect creative lubricant.

I'm a musician myself and so much of my work is inspired by the journeys I've had with psychedelics. It was actually psychedelics that helped me discover my intended career path in the arts and bring me back to loving them after a very, very long period of depression.

Your lovely music will make for some great sounds for my trips, thanks for sharing. Smile